Dunkan

Reaction score
Been playing FM religiously since 09, loved all except for 14, it was impossible to have fun with (for me) and I was just wondering what is there about 15 to rekindle my FM spirits (H)

If you like plug-n-play easy mode boring tactics, i don't think this game is right for you. but if you like in-depth gameplay, harder (imo) than any other fm, each game being a challenge, always tweaking your tactics per game or depending on who you're playing, then yes buy it.

Or if you don't feel £30 is a lot of money to "waste on a game" just buy it and find out for yourself!

Not at the moment. Unless you only like scoring and conceding goals from crosses, wait until a patch is released.

unless you like getting 412 injuries a game i'd say not at the moment

worth it all day long, 22 games unbeaten and didnt concede a goal for 8 games :)

Waste of money, game is still basically a beta and even more unfun than FM14 ever was.

im finding the ppl who say the game is actually still a beta are the ones that dont like to put the time and effort into the game it takes to become a good manager, yes their is bugs but i do not regret for 1 second the money i spent, in fact i have already played 30 more hrs on fm 15 than fm 14

I'm not wanting to start a brawl here about it :p I mean I have browsed for some negatories but the fact it's harder to be a manager is pretty **** realistic if you ask me :D

The only real annoyance for me on 14 was the random losses at ridiculously weird times, like morale would be at limits where it couldn't be higher, and then boom, a shocking loss, and then there's the CCCs business but again that could be down to Striker choices, may just bite the bullet and buy it anyway it's too god **** addictive :p

Been playing FM religiously since 09, loved all except for 14, it was impossible to have fun with (for me) and I was just wondering what is there about 15 to rekindle my FM spirits (H)

Man, your question is impossible to be responded. Football Manager is a very special game and is seen and understood differently from player to player. What excites you about this game, it doesnt necesarly excites me or viceversa. As a FM fan since FM10, I could not imagine not buying the game since day1 because I also found joy and excitement in every editon. Yes, the game had many bugs in Beta, of course, it still has some bugs now, but now that the final version is out, trust me when I tell you, it is completly playable. Improvements will come along. Other than this, I dont know how to respond your question. You need to answer that yourself. If this game. I for one, I cant imagine myself asking this question, but thats just me.

From the technical point of view, this year's editon is at a completly different level regarding some game aspects (scouting, youth development, 3d match). Every aspect of the game is improved in some way. The only 2 things I really dont like and I dont understand at all are:

1. New UI (for me it's a bit claustrophobic), it does not optimize screen space at all (like Miles said).
2. Tactics interface which I consider as bad as it could possibly be. It is very clear optimized for Touch Screens regardless what anyone has to sayu about this. There was no reason to remove the old clean looking tactics screen.

Other than this 2 issues I have with the game, I enjoy it very much. I must say, these 2 downsides are purely personal preference and should not be considered bad things. I hope there will be some mods about the UI and tactics screen. If not, thats it, I'll have to get used to it.

I bought it Friday and now wished that I'd waited until the issues with goals from crosses, poor gk and the amount of injuries is sorted. I think the new ui is good but unfortunately the issues with the m.e makes this game ****** annoying to play. I think si have shot themselves in the foot this time as a lot of people are very unhappy that the m.e is in such a poor state for the 2/3 year running.

Said like someone who doesn't know what a beta is.

Just because you're the typical FM fan that ignores all the bugs the game ships with every single year and writes them off as "features" doesn't mean they don't exist and irritate those of us that don't have our tinted glasses on.

So yes it is like playing a beta in a lot of ways and in several months when they've finally patched a bunch of times it'll play completely differently. That's just what happens when crappy companies like SI rush unfinished games to market and use the consumers as guinea pigs.

Just because you're the typical FM fan that ignores all the bugs the game ships with every single year and writes them off as "features" doesn't mean they don't exist and irritate those of us that don't have our tinted glasses on.

So yes it is like playing a beta in a lot of ways and in several months when they've finally patched a bunch of times it'll play completely differently. That's just what happens when crappy companies like SI rush unfinished games to market and use the consumers as guinea pigs.

Stop posting nonsense. He's actually posted criticism on the game in the past, where warranted-we all have.

Get your facts right before continuing your anti-SI agenda.

woah woah chill the beans , I know I wasn't the only one who wasn't too keen on 14 and that, But I'm not dissing S.I or calling it bad :p

Like many have said it just depends on your viewpoint and how you like to play, don't think i'm cut out for all the intense managerial stuff, playing the demo now btw.

FM15 is better and slightly more forgiving/easier than FM14. Dont believe the hype about FM14; yes it was the worst in the series but it wasnt as bad as people would lead you believe.

I didnt play FM14 and have loved the step up in quality and ease of the interface much better game than 2 years ago!

I didn't know so many people were down on FM14. I loved it. When FM15 came out I was in the middle of a great run with Lyon...winning the title 6 times in a row.

I haven't been able to have a good run on FM15 yet but I think I went about it the wrong way. Someone with hardly any badges taking over Arsenal wasn't the smartest thing and it was understandably very difficult, then I got sacked. So I'm going to start a new game lower down the leagues to see if I have more luck.

Personally....FM is always worth it.

A new fm game comes out and you have to evolve/adapt to it, it isn't rocket science. Versions of the game develop year after year and the player needs to as well. This years version takes a bit of getting use to but that is nothing new.

Tactics not working? The issue is with the player not the match engine. It's all about choosing the right tactic for your team with the personal you have, anything different will take time to develop.

Too many injuries? Sh*t happens and welcome to the real world. Just look at the injury list at Man Utd at the moment. Can Van Gaal blame a match engine?

The depth of a game like fm can have minor issues but it's not like something SI don't work at. Too many people jump on a bandwagon claiming there are bugs and fixed scripting. I've played every version since the start of cm/fm and therefore appreciate how complex it must be to make the game and mirror the world of football as much of it as they possibly can.