FM 2009 Demo

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
FM 2009 DEMO AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD

The Football Managr 2009 demo is now available to download from this site. So get playing!

If you havn't already downloaded the Demo then get it from here.

Let us know what you think of it?

Last edited:
hey ive just downloaded and installed started as man city liking the new look looks awesome

will post my progress

its seems very similar to last year tbf, only things noticably changed is the match interviews and the 3D pitch. not a million miles away anyway, but i can window it now on my laptop though woo

Well these were my thoughts I posted a few hours ago

Like the press conference idea when I first started, very good move. Also like the fact the Man Utd board don't regard the League Cup as important.

3d pitch aint as bad as I thought it would be.

Haven't really found any bugs yet, only played a few friendlies (and sucked balls).

whats up with the go on holiday feature? it just takes me to the game information screen?

I like the fact you can change the game resolution now. About time really. Still feels very much like FM 2008, apart from the match day when you swith to the 'TV Mode'.

Ridiculous amount of injuries anyone?

First game-torn calf for Tevez
Second-torn calf for Carrick
Third-Calf strain for Berbatov, broken ankle for Scholes

Yeh, loads of people complaing about that on the SI Forums.

Wasnt FM 08 really bad for injuries before the patches

yeh i got micah richards nd michael johnson injured for more then a month in first game =[ also does anyone else have the problem of typing in the search box nd when u type it turns out like this: ceessccc faabreegaasss

A known problem pre-patch in FM2008 was the injuries. Hopefully the first patch will solve this.

also does anyone else have the problem of typing in the search box nd when u type it turns out like this: ceessccc faabreegaasss

Yeah it's a problem with some different keyboards that causes over sensitivity when typing, it's all gonna be fixed with the patch apparently.

found out that if i name a right back as 'sub7' so to speak, i cant change him for my selected right back as the scroll bar doesn't go all the way upto the right back ha! so have to name right back as sub1 or 2, if you understand me :L...other than that very similar to fm08. im sure all will be sorted before the game itself comes out

Try changing your resolution.

Also i had this 'problem' in fm 08 I think, just click and hold the number square and drag it towards the player you wanna sub and the slider moves

yeah injuries all over

and also what happened to the move to reserve squad till match fit feature that was really useful

also no holidays for some reason

also no 15m in the transfer bit - it just jumps from 10 to 20 which is gay

Last edited:
there wasnt a 15m thing in 08 either

the holiday thing might be beacuse its jsut a 6 month demo

Yeah Sam there's never been a £15m thing for ages.

Anyone else finding the tactics hard to figure out compared to last year, I can't get it into my head that the arrows aren't actually arrows as they were last year! :|

yeah i know i meant to put no 15m "again" i had hoped someone had reccomended they put it back on as its pretty useful and theyve also took out the move to reserves till fit which i really liked :(

3D is loads better though, hope the real game is a bit better though, with a patch or something cos there does seem to be some bugs for example countless injuries, also just played liverpool - david n'gog on his first team debut - had 4 shots in the first 13minutes and i was 4-0 down. i had 3 shots! so the stats were 4 shots, 4 on target 4 goals for him and liverpool - sickner

Played a bit more of the demo.

The 3d is actualy pretty dan sexy. Didnt experience any of the jumpyness or slowness reported on the SI forums. I dont think ill be using the 3d to play with though, too hard to see how your tactics working, but that might just be the camera angle im using so ill prob play in 3d and watch goals/weird happenings in 3d.

As usual skins pretty meh, hopefully Flex brings out a skin quickly or I wont get into the game as its so much easier when attibutes are better hihglighted with colours.

Assistant feedback is annoying really, its too indepth! would prefer just general pointers as to where im going wrong.

I went Man U, only got 11m to spend aftyer saying id win the league, i assume its that low becuase theyve taken into account Man U have done the bulk of their spending for this season already.

Bit dissapointed with the youth team, its very poor and according to my *** man doesnt have much potential either. Especially dissapointed with the Brazilians although tbf to the reseracher thw twins were done by the brazilian research...and to be fair to him theyd never played, although based on how good they wer ein the u17 WC surely deserve to be a bit better.

If u ask for more with Utd Greg you'll get it...mine was boosted from 10m to 24m.

Utd's reserve teams/players have never been that good...pretty sure Rafael and Fabios stats are the same from the last one....hopefully their potentials are high.

Although I like the press conferences, I can see them becoming boring. Haven't stormed out of one yet though :p

Meh i havent spent any cba.

Press conferences are ****, its just all the annoying news for you to comment on that you get over a week/2 week period that i usually ignore condensed into a day, rubbish!