Brum Boy

Reaction score
Got woke up by a friend this morning telling me he had fm 2009 and told me where he got it to my suprise he was telling the truth. So i have it :D has anyone else got it yet or am i the only one?

where did you pre-order it from and hsve u been able to activate it?

i got mine this morning from Game, wasnt expecting it till friday, cant play it yet though as i had togo work :(

I didnt pre order it i got it from a little computer shop, the code is hard to read i havent been able to activate it yet. Unless not been able to activate it has something to do with SI?

got mine today aswell from a small game shop. have you tried activating it over the phone?

Let me know how you get on i have too work till 5 :(

got mine today aswell from a small game shop.

why havent you told us about this shop before (wh)

and for some reason i dont feel in as much of a rush to get it this year as i usually am, dunno if im getting a bit old or its cos i wasnt as impressed with the demo but not that excited this year as i usually am

you should come back on irc sam i fuzz about it all the time :D

i know what you mean though i have not been as keen on this fm as others but (yn) it's better than the demo

and for some reason i dont feel in as much of a rush to get it this year as i usually am, dunno if im getting a bit old or its cos i wasnt as impressed with the demo but not that excited this year as i usually am

Same here really, but it's deffinately not anything to do with me getting older because other games still interest me. I won't be getting FM 09 until it's < £20. At the moment it's too much to pay for a game that constantly frustrates.

The phone activation is not working either says the licence is not valid hmmmm

looks like were all waiting untill friday morning :(

SEGA have today confirmed that activation servers for Football Manager 2009 will be turned on shortly before midnight on Thursday 13th November in time for the release date of Friday November 14th across Europe.

****!! Its even worse waiting for it just sitting looking at the game knowing i cant play it. I'm looking forward to this one more than last year because i like starting in the championship and thats where blues are on this one

Thats cos if u start in the Prem you'll get relegated straight away, just like irl. :D

I think for the first time in years, I won't be getting it the first day it comes out :(. May wait til Crimbo.

I stayed up actually :) besides irl we will back next season and you manc's can get another 2 lucky 1-0's against us, but when mcleish has a full season in the premier league we wont be going back down ;)

You prob will actaully.

Mcleish's record in Scotland is that he does well for 1-2 years with the team he inherits then he starts signing people and it goes horribly wrong :)

Happened at Rangers, Hibs and i think Motherwell(not sure on that though)

Well the players he has signed so far, mcfadden, murphy, carsley, phillips, augisten and quincy have all been top notch only bent has been poor, its the players he got from brucey that are stressing all the fans out

So am I right in thinking when you get the game you have to activate it?

That's bollocks! :mad:

It's not THAT good FFS. :D

Yeah and by the looks of things you need the internet to play it or you have to activate it by phone which is bull. If you dont have a phone or the internet you cant play the game basically.

P.S sean can you please sort that random club selector thing it keeps giving me wigan, villa and west brom and i think its doing it on purpose :)

Yeah and by the looks of things you need the internet to play it or you have to activate it by phone which is bull. If you dont have a phone or the internet you cant play the game basically.

P.S sean can you please sort that random club selector thing it keeps giving me wigan, villa and west brom and i think its doing it on purpose :)

Yup Activation is a bit extreme. I'm sure if SEGA weren't involved then SI wouldn't have had an activation service.

Haha sorry Brum. I'll add more teams to it shortly when I get the time (H)

i love how 10 years ago si made cm playable without the disk and they did it on purpose because they knew it would get pirated. They were trying to boost the popularity of the game and now there blocking us playing it early

HA

there excuse was pathetic aswell...roll on midnight lol