FM 2010 Demo Transfer Budgets

• Thread starter Thread starter granth5
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 18K
these budgets do make sense. Think about it. Man Utd got around 96mil Euros for Ronaldo at the end of last season and barely spent any of that.

It is very rare that a club will put all it receives for a high profile player like Ronaldo back into the transfer budget, it is also unlikely that Manchester United will not have had to pay an amount in tax/debts off using a significant part of that income.

Last edited:
Well the Glazers did say it was Fergy's choice to sell Ronaldo and he would be able to spend all the money that they recieved from the transfer plus the money he normally has to spend.

Wow, Spurs budget is absolutely ****, I think we should got around 25-30m... Birmingham has more than us and AVilla budget is **** too...
I don't know how Arsenal are getting 30m...
And the funniest thing is that Man City got a lower budget than Man Utd... LLLLLLLooooooLLLLLLL!!

Wow, Spurs budget is absolutely ****, I think we should got around 25-30m... Birmingham has more than us and AVilla budget is **** too...
I don't know how Arsenal are getting 30m...
And the funniest thing is that Man City got a lower budget than Man Utd... LLLLLLLooooooLLLLLLL!!

Adebayor was sold for 25M, Toure for around 15M.

25 + 15 = 40

10M for Vermaelen

40-10 = 30

30 Million :)

I was a bit dissapointed as it was released Arsenal have a budget of 80m?

Arsenal & United wouldn't have that amount of money, despite their sales. United especially would have had to re-invest a significant chunk of the money they earned selling their talisman because they are expected to keep up with repayments for their ridiculously huge loans.

Saying 'they should have it because they sold Ronaldo' is not really the case, sure they'd have more of a budget than if they hadn't sold him (obviously), but to expect them to have the full whack? I'm not sure how realistic that is. As for Arsenal, well, we all know how realistic it is for them to have 30million to spend ... (it isn't).

Well the Arsenal bored kept telling the press if Wenger wanted to spend the money he could but it was his own choice to carry on bringing relatively cheap players and develop them as we have seen them do in the past.

Arsenal & United wouldn't have that amount of money, despite their sales. United especially would have had to re-invest a significant chunk of the money they earned selling their talisman because they are expected to keep up with repayments for their ridiculously huge loans.

Saying 'they should have it because they sold Ronaldo' is not really the case, sure they'd have more of a budget than if they hadn't sold him (obviously), but to expect them to have the full whack? I'm not sure how realistic that is. As for Arsenal, well, we all know how realistic it is for them to have 30million to spend ... (it isn't).

If Arsene Wenger wanted 30 million then he would be permitted 30 million. He simply hasn't so far.

+ £50m for Chelsea without them being able to buy players for a year and a half (if they actually implemented the ban into the game) well guess when they able to hit the transfermarket again they´ll probably have a transfer budget of over £250m...lol

they can buy first few weeks of demo, then ban comes in

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

If Arsene Wenger wanted 30 million then he would be permitted 30 million. He simply hasn't so far.

No offence but thats all wrong

Arsene Wenger could spend 30mill, the board have given it to him but its just he feels he should bring in younger players and then develop them.

I got at Arsenal about 45 mil. Euros, but first time i forgot to save the game and I had there 60 mil... not a small difference, imo. This is a thing i don't like so much.. they should improve it... maybe 2-3 mil. diference but not 15!

Btw, how much money does Notts Forest have ?

Yes.... but is someone's money they are using...

So yes, there should be a feature where you approach the board about a specific player and see if they are up for it.

On the other hand, the Man City owners very much own Man City on the side, its not their main business, and it is much easier for them to go to Hughes and say he has 200m plus to spend in a season.

Not sure how much they spent this summer, but combined with over a 100m you get in the demo it seems sensible to me

Right about the big-name signings and approaching the board as city negotiated quite a lot to get a sensible price(sensible in city terms though) to get a player (Lescott for example) but then again they were willing to pay crazy money for the biggest names(the attempt on Kaka). So a chance to negotiate with board in terms of buying players, hiring extra staff and affiliated clubs would be a huge addition to the game. Perhaps the new game already has some of it but I don't know, I'll wait for the final release.

No offence but thats all wrong

No offence but who made you an Arsenal board member? What makes you think it's wrong? Just because he didn't spend?

I look on the Arsenal Website every day and at one point Arsene commented that there were these funds available, he simply said the squad was large enough and that he didn't think he needed a new signing.

its a joke that city have less than united, city are the richest club in the world and the owners earn 100 million quid per day.

I think the transfer budgets are all sound, but some of the players are a bit over-priced.

I think they have got it all right enough. West Ham is so realistic. The players are all under £6Million and they have no budget. You have to sell to buy. I have sold quite a few players and the board take away half of the income from the players you sell which is about right. They take it to pay their debts and the wage budget is pitiful. I love a high quality club with cheap players and no money. It's is my favourite way to play. It's so sad but satisfying when you bring in your star purchase of the season who turns out to be Mario Melchiot. :).

Back