FM 2010 Installation Problems

Whenever I double click the fm2010 icon after I've installed it nothing happens, then when I click it again it says it's already running. I've tried restarting my pc etc but nothing changed. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Hi guys,I need help beacause I have a problem with my steam.Fonts are missing and due to I am unable to activate the product via steam(I have tried eveything but nothing solved the problem,unfortunately.As a last resort I am waiting for an e-mail from steam suppport).I was wondering if I could install it without steam,but when I click on install the Install Anywhere appears and when it gets fulled(100%) then nothing happens.I know there are people who also have this problem but I can't use steam as I mentioned before.Thus,the only thing that remained is to install the game without Steam and solve the problem with Install Anywhere.

I have Windows Vista and the game FM 2010 official.

I hope to find a solution as soon as possible.

I am currently using a mac and whenever the installer is launched, it will be stated that the installer is not responding and the installer will quit suddenly. I tried to install again and again but the same thing happened. I just reinstall my software yesterday as my laptop had a problem, therefore i had to reinstall FM but the problem above keep happening, does anybody knows why this happen or what i should do?

I installed the software under the option in which the DVD is required to play the game, but now after quitting the game once when i try to relaunch the software there is simply no response from the disc in the disc tray, and nothing loads at all. There is no scratches on the disc as i only bought it today. Can anybody help?

problems installing fm 2010 onto macbook pro

I just bought my first football manager game.
It says it's mac-compatible and the installation went down without a hitch. BUT:
When I try to open the game, an error report pops up saying: "football manager 2010 was ended unexpectedly"
I checked whether my mac has the necessary Graphics Card etc. and can't find the problem.
Can someone help me?

I'd been playing FM for a while since January, and then this morning when I clicked to play it told me that there was an "Application Error" and there was something wrong with the crash dump's folder.. so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it through Steam and it's still the same result... can someone help me please?

I Am Having Troble Satrting My Fm10 Game Up When I Insatll With Staem Any Time I Want To Play It A Box Pops Up With ''not well-formed (invailed token) at line 1 of default.xml'' Written In It And When I Press Ok Another Box Pops With ''football manager 2010 10.1.0f84702 has stopped working.But When In Install It Without Steam The Game Will Play But I Cannot Start it up again after that.

please help!!

I got my game today, installed it using the 'offline' option, and it installed with errors, then I got the "couldn't find data/sigfx" error upon loading the game, I then found the sigfx folder in the resources folder, copied and pasted. I tried clicking the icon for the game, up pops a black screen with a football cursor and nothing else. I've checked in my system tray to see if it had crashed, but still says that it's running.

Is my computer just mega slow, or doesn't it just want to work? ;-;

Edit: Installed the demo via steam, and that works perfectly fine.
Must be the sigfx folder which is causing the problem, since thats the only thing I can think of.
Can anyone put the folder online, so I can download it, and stick it in place?
Just to see if it works.

Edit: Just check the size of the actual programm on the the uninstall via control panel, and it's only a measely 372 mb, compared to the demo with over 1gb worth.

Last edited:
My football manager was working ok but then its not working becuz it says 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml please i am deperate to play

I Am Having Troble Satrting My Fm10 Game Up When I Insatll With Staem Any Time I Want To Play It A Box Pops Up With ''not well-formed (invailed token) at line 1 of default.xml'' Written In It And When I Press Ok Another Box Pops With ''football manager 2010 10.1.0f84702 has stopped working.But When In Install It Without Steam The Game Will Play But I Cannot Start it up again after that.

please help!!

My football manager was working ok but then its not working becuz it says 'not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of default.xml please i am deperate to play

this page solved my problems as well. you guys could give it a read :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/fm-2010-xml-parsing-error-solution-t31688.html

i put the disc in the drive and the installer doesnt load

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop and tried to re-upload Football Manager 2010. I uploaded it on my old laptop under Steam, but lost my Username and password, so re-installed it using the offline system. Since then I have a new Steam account, but obviously as the product key was used on my last laptop it won't work with a different account. Therefore, I've tried to install it using the offline system again, it installs and then tells me it hasn't installed correctly, the game then starts and then shuts down before you get to the start screen.

Very complicated I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

insralling problem

My computer is acer 7736zg with ati hd 5650 and intel t4400 . I have bought fm2010 ( legally ) and it simply does not install . 6 people have tried to fix it with no success

Hi JP i downloaded fm 2010 and i cannot find the data editor, i've got the folder but thats it.

got a new laptop so i installed fm09 and fm10 again. when installing fm10, it asks me to 'insert fm2009'. can someone tell me what is going wrong? i have the latest directX, thanks

EDIT: im installing offline way

Last edited:
i put the disk in and nothing comes up to install the game