FM 2010 XML Parsing Error Solution

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are getting an Invalid Token XML Parsing Error message then do the following...

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

Last edited:
Had a moment of panic when fm2010 wouldn't load up, then remembered this thread and all was well. Then had another one when LOAD LAST GAME was blacked out and wouldn't load my game and thought my saves were gone but they were still there in LOAD GAME. Disaster averted.

Major thanks for this. Also its 2010 not 2009 for vista/windows7. Get with the times!8-|

Had a moment of panic when fm2010 wouldn't load up, then remembered this thread and all was well. Then had another one when LOAD LAST GAME was blacked out and wouldn't load my game and thought my saves were gone but they were still there in LOAD GAME. Disaster averted.

Major thanks for this. Also its 2010 not 2009 for vista/windows7. Get with the times!8-|

Glad it helped.

Thanks for pointing out the typo :)

Sean - have deleted the Settings folder allowing me to run FM10, however, when I attempt to load a saved game, FM10 crashes - is there any way of rescuing this? Or is it new games only?

I still have the old Settings folder in the recycle bin if needed!

Cheers

Hi guys, im having the same problem as above but i dont have the folder..... other games still load though.

cheers

Tim.

Hi guys, im having the same problem as above but i dont have the folder..... other games still load though.

cheers

Tim.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled

i have the same problem as above, however ive enabled hidden folders and its still not there.

Will try this tomorrow. I got promoted on the original save but that messed up. On the back up game I lost in the play-off final. If this works I will be so effing happy :p

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

Tried it. Didn't work

I can't find the 'app data' on windows 7?

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

Thanks so much. I have done all of the above. However I know have noticed that my AC Milan game has disappeared!! There is no option to "load last game". Does this mean thats it, its gone and will never return?? Or is there a way to retrieve? Help!

Hello mate, went to saved games, and cant see any signs.....there are a few autosaves, I am hoping this may be it and it saved automatically. Absolutely gutted!

Thanks Sean just saved my old PC >.<

I knew I had to find the AppData folder but thanks for showing me how to bring up the hidden files :)

also while deleting your settings folder, you can delete the cache folder to, it also helps to prevent the XML parsing error, both folders get automatically created when you continue anyway, but deleting the folders and restarting your game clears the error.

hi sean im in mi second season and now all of a sudden every time i submit my team for the next match it comes up with XML parsing error can you help me please