FM 2010 XML Parsing Error Solution

I kept getting the "Failed to set up graphics system." error. I tried this solution and it worked 5-6 times but now it doesn't. I delete the folder restart my laptop and I get the same message.

It's making me so angry! I haven't had it working properly for about 6 weeks. If it stays like this I definitely won't be buying 2011. :mad:

I used to get all the error warnings and my game always crashed often, then i downloaded adobe flash player and after this FM wouldnt load up at all even to the start screen.
So when i click on the FM icon the cursor loading thing works for about to seconds but then nothing, absolutely nothing. can't get to the load game screen (main) or anything. Will this here help with that do you think ?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I kept getting the "Failed to set up graphics system." error. I tried this solution and it worked 5-6 times but now it doesn't. I delete the folder restart my laptop and I get the same message.

It's making me so angry! I haven't had it working properly for about 6 weeks. If it stays like this I definitely won't be buying 2011. :mad:

Mate i had this problem you know. You need to download the latest graphics card for your computer, Usually free (it was for me)
Or if not the latest then you need a graphics card that will work for your game.

Ok, I got this problem, deleted the correct folder, and my game worked fine after that, except for this...

As you can see, you can't see loads of writing, and it just makes the game harder to play, especially when signing players, any solution?

EDIT: The screen isn't black when I'm playing games, usually. But you can't see the "Control, Attack, Overload" things, or the Touchline Shouts.

Last edited:
Cheers Sean, I started a new game a few days ago with City. Saved it last night after the first season and now I'm getting this message.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Still no joy. Cant find the files that need to be deleted. Use vista on a new ish laptop. Gutted, really dont want to lose this game !

I cant find the folder?! and hidden folders are enabled! NEED HELPP

mate i've deleted the settings folder turned off my computer and tried to load my game but it still comes up with the crash dump message any ideas ?

Mate your an absolute legend, thought i'd be stuck with this error!

hey i have this error 2 i deleted my football manager and reinstalled it but i cannot find the file to delete it i have windows 7 any help wud do nicely

Yes, thank's alot!

Finally, this XML parsing problem have been hunting me for a long time now. Good fix, thank's alot for sharing it!

Try this path once you have made all folders visable

C:Users-your name-appdata-roaming-sportsinteractive-fm2010-settings

hey guys :D

I cant find the "settings" file, i've tried everywhere, and i've tried to Show Hidden Files, anyone have any tips where it might be ? :D im kind of stressed now, cant play fm :'(

this has fixed my start up problem but cant loads saved games

same here mate, does this mean i loose my last game?? or is there a way to get it back??

I HAVE JUST WON THE CHAMPIONS CUP WITH LYON AND SIGNED FABREGAS... DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE THIS :mad:

Do i delete the folder inside the folder settings, or do i delete the settings folder

please cuse im desperate

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

ive got my football manager working but not my editor wot do i do please help

I've done this but now once i go to load my game it wont let me....

Sean, many thanks for the solution. However I have deleted the settings folder and the game loads fine now, but ' Load Last Game' is blacked out and when i try ' Load Game ' it says the saved game could not be loaded. I copy and pasted the saved game into my documents if that helps.

Any advide would we greatly appreciaed !