FM 2012 Massive Tactic Testing Thread by Hazza22299

Hazza,

Are u uploading the data base, with all the tactics set?

Sorry if it's already been asked.

Steve

That's because the players in your test league are general all rounders and those tactics require a certain type of player.

So do most tactics. Anyway, I've pretty much decided what teams will be added.

Last edited:
Hazza,

Are u uploading the data base, with all the tactics set?

Sorry if it's already been asked.

Steve

No, basically there is a database with 24 teams with the exact same size, reputation, player attributes and everything else, I changed the team names on the editor to the name of the tactic . You need to start a save with 24 managers (one for each team), set the tactic(s) for each team, and then go on holiday for a year. Remembering to tick "Use current first team tactics".

Alright cheers,

Might give it a go....

.....and there i was hoping u could do all the work for me...:D

Hazza just to check, you have to add 24 human managers to the game, holiday them all and tick use current match tactics?

Honestly it would be great if you could up load that league with the team names ( tactic names ) , how long did it take you roughly! to change all the teams names add all the mangers and set the tactics?

Hazza just to check, you have to add 24 human managers to the game, holiday them all and tick use current match tactics?

Honestly it would be great if you could up load that league with the team names ( tactic names ) , how long did it take you roughly! to change all the teams names add all the mangers and set the tactics?

I've attached the database I used to this post.

I would have sent my tactic, but I guess its too late now.
Would you mind informing me if you are up for further testing?

I'm going away for 2-3 weeks so I probably won't be able to respond/post during this time. Thanks.

Edit: It turns out the place I'm staying at has wifi :D

Last edited:
If i get time this week Hazza i'll run this a couple of times as well.. see if it averages out the best tactic.. are all the palyers stats 10? if not i'll average them too, see if we can compensate for injuries etc, so all teams always have the same 11 on the pitch barring training increases for PA etc.

If i get time this week Hazza i'll run this a couple of times as well.. see if it averages out the best tactic.. are all the palyers stats 10? if not i'll average them too, see if we can compensate for injuries etc, so all teams always have the same 11 on the pitch barring training increases for PA etc.

Will you be using the database posted on page 5?

Yh. Just seen the stats are all averaged out anyway, but i'll run it and see what i get.

Just have to find and download all the tactics, lol..

Last edited:
So do most tactics. Anyway, I've pretty much decided what teams will be added.

you starting to sound a little bit like some members who no longer frequent this forum...

Last edited:
I've never really used them to be honest and all of his that I included didn't do very well.
lol mate, nice sly dig at me there :p When I saw the name of the thread and saw who created it, I knew which tactic would come first already, before even opening it ;P

1) holidaying tactics mean f all, there is so much more than plug and play which only 2 of my tactics I have ever created have been as I do not use ME exploits, I create real football which require certain types of players as each instruction is so well thought out and designed.. holidaying tactics reveal nothing about tactics at all..

2) there are so many factors that change and influence holidaying games.. if you holiday one match using the same tactic, then quit reload and do it again, the results will be different every time ;)

3) there are great tacticians tactic's there that are fantastic and have come extremely low on the table.. it means nothing :) they have great tactics and will win most leagues most of the time when actually playing the game and using team talks etc etc.. Opp instructions...

All I am saying is that 1) you cannot base a test on ONE SEASON on holiday mode.. you would need to holiday a season for 5 seasons to get an average and benchmark for future results and testing :)

why not try that rather? run the test (on holiday :p) but for 5 seasons

lol mate, nice sly dig at me there :p When I saw the name of the thread and saw who created it, I knew which tactic would come first already, before even opening it ;P

1) holidaying tactics mean f all, there is so much more than plug and play which only 2 of my tactics I have ever created have been as I do not use ME exploits, I create real football which require certain types of players as each instruction is so well thought out and designed.. holidaying tactics reveal nothing about tactics at all..

2) there are so many factors that change and influence holidaying games.. if you holiday one match using the same tactic, then quit reload and do it again, the results will be different every time ;)

3) there are great tacticians tactic's there that are fantastic and have come extremely low on the table.. it means nothing :) they have great tactics and will win most leagues most of the time when actually playing the game and using team talks etc etc.. Opp instructions...

All I am saying is that 1) you cannot base a test on ONE SEASON on holiday mode.. you would need to holiday a season for 5 seasons to get an average and benchmark for future results and testing :)

why not try that rather? run the test (on holiday :p) but for 5 seasons

I promise you I wasn't having a dig at you or anyone else when I did this test. I personally haven't used them a lot but when I have used them they have been great. I hope you can understand that I didn't want loads of tactics all from one person.

I don't really know how to say it any more clearly than in the OP, I didn't cheat in any way. I guess you'll just have to trust me on that one.

As for the realism and credibility of this test I'd have to agree with the point's you've raised. Like I said to TheBetterHalf, there are much better ways of testing tactics but they are much more time consuming (eg. Only testing one tactic at a time and testing each of the 24 teams separately. Some tactics may not work against various formations or settings and holidaying doesn't really give much accuracy. I will be testing it for longer but for now I'm going to do a new season with a few different tactics but mainly the same ones.

Can someone upload de home table image, can't see it anywhere...