FM 2012 Progress - How is your game going?

You managed to get Rossie , Hulk and Ryan Shawcross from a promoted Southampton Transfer Budget? I wouldn't think Hulk would sign for a team just promoted, even Rossi rejected a contract from me when i was Bolton! Fair play to you!

Well im playing leicester, [on the lfcmarchall update thingy] 2 seasons and been and we have been beaten in playoffs [semi and the following year the final] cup runs have been poor [ive played rotational players and backup players to give them game time, brought in a nearlly whole new team, just been told my budget for the following season is only 9m and promotion is a minimum lol

Kasper Schemichel
Micheal Lumb, Matt Mills, Sol Bamba, Dan Gosling
Marco Verratti, James Collison, Andy King
Robert Snodgrass, Daniel Halfar
Yaya Sanogo

And my main subs tend to be, Kalambay, Daley Blind, Drinkwater, Matt Phillips, Soukouna, Nugent, St Leger
Sold most of the rest [well any under 22 ive tried to get out on 6month or season long loans with them being 1st team players
Sanogo cost me 3.1m [his agent offered him, and my coaches said hes a definate buy but hes only scored 17 goals in 2 seasons where as soukouna and nugent have netted 12 and 36 in 2 seasons [play a 4-3-3 mainly and then 4-4-2 diamond] im limited with forwards to buy and my rep seems low still. might splash the 9mil on a more expeirenced forward i think

Still with united, in the Club World Cup atm. I brought along 6 players from the U18 squad to play in the pointless competition. I didn't even bring half my first eleven. Such a pointless competition :/

I started with Hertha BSC. They had a super **** team and zero money. I sold half the team and rebuilt through free transfers. Best signing in season one was Fabricio, whom I promoted to captain next year. Finished 13th.

In the second season, I again unloaded quite a few **** players and managed some good free signings (Juan Angel Albin) and spent on a few youngsters for my back line (Sorensen etc.). Finished 11th.

In the third season, I struck gold with free transfers and bargains. I got Toivonen and Kardec as strikers for free, Lodeiro, Enoh and Lars Bender (500k) along with Wiese on a free transfer. Was 4th in November when Napoli offered me a contract.

Napoli had sold Hamsik and Cavani and bought a shitload of players who were useless. Had to sell some and got Montolivo and Gio dos Santos in January. Won the Italian Cup and finished 8th (they were 15th before).

Now I have just started my 4th season. I got Santon (he's been really awesome at Newcastle), Kuranyi, Adler (transfer listed), Kolo Toure (free) and Galloppa. Let's see how it goes. Meanwhile Toivonen, Sorensen, Fabricio, Lodeiro and Albin have become stars at Hertha BSC.

First game on FM2012 and the random team selection gave me Mallorca in the Liga BBVA. We're doing pretty well at the moment; media prediction was originally 14th I think but we're in 9th place (and we've got the same points as Real Madrid haha). Young squad but there are some useless/overload players seeing as we're only competing in the Liga BBVA and Spanish Supercopa. Halfway through November; hoping to sell some of them in January and buy Jhon Pirez.

Going well with Fleetwood Town in league two. Played 12 won .9 drawn 1. lost 2. GF 29 GA 8
1st in the league 3pts clear of rotherham. Andy Mangan is banging them in. 28gls in first season and 10 in 12 this. lol he's almost the record goalscorer. Can't believe ive never heard his name being thrown around the net.

You managed to get Rossie , Hulk and Ryan Shawcross from a promoted Southampton Transfer Budget? I wouldn't think Hulk would sign for a team just promoted, even Rossi rejected a contract from me when i was Bolton! Fair play to you!
Rossie fell out with Villereal management and the scout report (I tried out of pure curiosity) said he would be interested. I sold a lot of players so had a nice bit of transfer kitty to spend but put more of it towards wages after finding Rossi and Hulk asking for high wages. Hulk also was interested but took a couple of times and media comments till he accepted a contract I paid through the teeth for ha

An update to you though, I am in January transfer window in the same season in the prem and sitting 5th at the moment with 2 games in hand which would take me to 3rd. Chelsea at the top with quite some distance behind 2nd. Team really gelled together and Rafael (keeper) has been fantastic. A 5-1 win over Man City and 2-1 win over United really helped us get the points where we need them, even a 0-0 draw with Chelsea was good in my books :p

Sadly, loses to West Brom (1-0 and suffering 3 red cards :/) and a 3-2 loss to Newcastle has been the only downer but I thought I would be struggling against msot the prem sides. Hulk and Lallana are ripping it up on the wings, seem to be competing in terms of assists! Rossi has been on form too but most the work is down to the defence and Rafael. hopefully can continue good form. In to knockouts in EURO cup too with little difficulty...all in all, happy and have no real need to buy anyone in the transfer window either, no real weak areas as of yet.

That sounds pretty good! Keep it up!

I just started a new save, journeyman make my way to the top for the first time. Started of unemployed and went to the US to get the San Antonio Scorpions job just started that 5 games in and top of the league with a game in hand, if i can get them promoted i might move to another MLS club and try and win the League then resign and move on and try to go on like that until i make my way to a Top Team.

I started a journeyman save as a Sunday League footballer in mid-Feb 2012 (enabled Belarus and starting date as Feb 2012) with Crewe Alexandra-who are lying in 22nd place in league 2 despite predictions being 8th. So I thought I could realistically take them over as a team like that in that position usually has a manager change. Three matches gone and got two wins and a draw.

Looking to upheave the squad in the coming summer as well as maybe getting a hand at managing Team GB in the Olympic Games.

Evening all - I haven't posted on here for two years, but have recently got the FM bug again so thought I'd chip in :)

After all the news coverage of the Rangers takeover I started a game with them, now knowing the state of the squad or finances. That, and my favourite FM/Champs game ever was a 96/97 game where I signed Diego Maradona who then scored over 50 goals...that game hooked me proper!

After struggling by with no new signings (only Paul Pogba on loan), I was eventually taken over and given a transfer kitty of £9.75m. Which has now all been spent - on Chris Gunter, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Andrija Delibasic and Carlos Fierro (due in July). Gunter, Kennedy and Delibasic have yet to play as I'm only in January 2012.

Results-wise, some crackers! Went past Sturm Graz and APOEL in the Champions League qualifiers; landed Barca, Napoli and Basel; drew twice with Barca, beat Napoli twice and drew one/won on vs Basel to qualify for the knockout rounds. Now get Man City, so fully expecting a stuffing!

Wigan athetlic... I have a story going at the moment: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-stories/99022-wigan-challenge-accepted.html

The story is written after I have completed the first season, so I'm going back and just writing about how it all went down...

Predicted 20th with a budget of £5m ... lets just say I surprised myself of how much you can achieve with good team spirit, a few good signings and being a "tinkerman" ;-)

Vossen and Ruben Yttergård Jenssen added to a team with Beausejour, Rodallega and Miame has really pulled me through some horrible games and situations, pulling off some remarkable come-backs and results in the process. I haven't started the second season yet as I'm waiting to complete my story (need SOMETHING to do at work right?) but I am very excited with the future.

Really enjoying this game more than 2011 btw ...

Started a new save as Arsenal is to easy and went back to were i had the most fun: bsp-Wrexham.
Have just finished friendlys with a few ups and downs. Beat Rotherdam, Cefn Druids and Man Utd 3-1 and beat Airbus 2-0. However i lost to Wycombe and Cheltenam 2-0 and very embarrisingly drew 2-2 with my reserves team:( one last friendly against buckley and its of. To the Prem!!!!!

Got my Spurs team to the semi's of the Champions league against Barca. Beat them 2-0 at home and couldn't wait to see if I could get 1 over on them at the Nou Camp day before the 2nd leg my main Keeper got injured and my Sub keeper was injured. Went into the reserves and my keeper there was injured too so had to go into under 18's with the worst keeper in the world. Long story short I got killed 10-1 :(

I have been playing in Poland with Lech Poznan and I'm currently torwards the end of my second season in charge having won the league by 29 points in my first year and also the Polish FA Cup in my first year. Currently I am 8 points clear during my second year in the league and I'm in the quarterfinals of the Polish FA Cup looking strong. I was though just knocked out of the group stages of the Champions Leauge in a group with Chelsea, Zenit & Bayer Luverkussen, I finished 3rd in the group behind Chelsea & Luverkussen. Didn't have CL football during my first year but made the most of it during my second season. I must say that this is one of the best saves I have ever had in any FM game that I've played. Anyone ever managed in Poland? This is my first go at it!

Swansea city 2012
After finding out the hard way that once you have raised a team from bsqp to premier league once the second time is not so fun i decided to go back to swansea. And i figuered out how to do training schedules and have a different one for almost everyone!!!
Anyway
Transfers out:
Tremmel-6m
Moore-8m
Augustin-2.5m
And about 10 players on loan for a total of 1m

Transfers in:
Diogo-free
Guti-free
Hoilett-10m!!!he was upset!!!
Henaly-400k
Four youngsters-1.2m
Ioanamanis(spelling?stc,greek) free

Won all friendly apart from 1-1 draw with reserves and impressive away 0-1 loss vs liverpool.

With my Swans game im also playing as England as a challeng. Ive played 3 games vs Argentina(3-1:)) bulgaria(1-1last min goal by petrov) and wales ( 4-0). Have given 16+ players such as Dyer,Graham, Sinclair,Smalling,Holt, Cleverley, sturridge and stockdale their Deputs. Have only played players like lampard, Terry and cole once. Averege squad age of 23 1/2

In euro champ just got drawn in group two with poland, Norway and bosnia and herz. Group D includes Germany,Italy,Spain and Montenegro and group C is Holland, Russia,France and Belgium

Last edited:
It's going good, thanks for asking

I'm trying the pentagon challenge (Start unemployed with a sunday league reputation and win all 5 champions league's [N. America, S. America, Africa, Asia, Europe])

I'm one down (N. America with New England Revolution), currently managing Ajax CT in South Africa after getting to the second round of the World Cup with Honduras after keeping clean sheets against Spain, South Africa and Bosnia & Herzogovina

you can find it here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...challenge-pentagon-challenge.html#post1523676

I decided to go Iceland and see how far I can get up in the rankings and try to progress in all cups and work on there younger players. I was thinking about doing a story on it :p.