gazwefc83

Reaction score
Each year I create a retro year database (Usually for my own pleasure). I load up a new save game using fake players and then using Genie Scout and the In-game editor I rename, change ages, switch clubs etc to create a classic year. The only downside was that players history's would show that they moved from whatever club the started on before editing.

Anyway this year, I have deleted all people from the default database and using the CM2 editor for CA and PA I have started to add back in all the players from the 1995/96 season (its a year i remember fondly plus its easy to work out the new DOBs because its exactly 20 years ago)

So far I have switch all the clubs into the correct division for Spain, Italy and England (The league that will be playable on first release), added correct teams into European compitions (As close as I could due to the change iin clubs from each nation). removed competion histories from 1996 onwards, adjusted all club reputations and created all players and managers for Man Utd, Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn and Arsenal.

I only started on this on Sunday afternoon so I am happy with the progress so far, if anybody wants to see any screenshots of certain players, screens etc I will post them here for you.

Last edited:
So far I have switch all the clubs into the correct division for Spain, Italy and England

Actually I'm kinda curious to see that to be honest since there are two teams that would actually be really tricky to implement.

-Club Deportivo Mérida (Disappeared twice and got refunded twice... It's current succesor is AD Mérida)
-Unión Deportiva Salamanca (Disappeared and its former "B" team, CF Salmantino, took over its role... after being refunded)

There's also the issue of the number of teams (there were 22 instead of 20) and the relegation/promotion system (instead of relegating 3 teams as it happens now, 2 relegated directly while other 2 went through relegation play-offs).

I have not altered any league rules or formats, i have just stuck as close as possible with the current system.

3 more Premier League teams left to complete (Wimbledon, QPR and Sheff Wed).

After that I am going to add in the top teams from Spain, Italy, Scotland, Holland etc (This should mean that the Premier League becomes at least playable in an early stage). From there i am going to add in the players from Euro 96.

The final stop (for now at least will be to complete the Serie A and La Liga)

Attached a few screenshots.

EDIT: Just noticed that I haven't edited Man Utd's and Chelsea's club legends/favored personnel.

Last edited:
That's a wonderful idea. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Good luck.

That's a wonderful idea. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Good luck.

Thanks very much.

All Premier League teams are now complete and I have added the AC Milan and Roma squads.

A small problem (hopefully) I set for example Alan Shearer to trained in England for 2000 days between 15-21 in t he editor but it has no effect in game, any ideas?

Hey, great idea! Looking forward to using this.

Just wondering, what skin and facepacks do you use? Those screen shots have a wicked feel!

Hey, great idea! Looking forward to using this.

Just wondering, what skin and facepacks do you use? Those screen shots have a wicked feel!

The skin is g2_fmskin - [FM16][SKIN] g2 fmskin

The facepack is one i'm creating as I go along and the same with the kits.

In terms of an update, the Premier League is complete and I have now added Juventus, AC Milan, Roma, Fiorentina, Galatasary, Ajax, Monaco, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Dortmund. I have also added extra players here and there that play outside of the top teams.

I was using the Genie Scout as an easy way to copy the player IDs to create the facepack but the new update isn't compatible so the facepack is on hold for now.

This sounds like it's going to be epic! Perfect timing too. Is Maradona on the game? Was he at boca at this point? And when do you reckon it'll be ready to play?

The premier league version should be ready to play very soon, just want to get a few more of the top european teams added.

sounds good buddy. are you doing Nottingham Forest?

will you be altering club legends and the like? for example, I see that David Beckham is still listed as a 'legend' at United if you see what I mean? Also, have you put some wonderkids/bargain buys into the game such as Ronaldinho who was at the Gremio youth team in '96? sorry for all the questions, looking forward to this!!

really looking forward to playing this :) 1st thing.. are you setting reputations how they were back then Toon being second best team in the prem etc... and just a bit of editor help really having lower reputation values helps keep the player values down i mean i played a db like this before and shearer would have cost me at toon 62 million i found by lowering home/world etc reputations to about 130 i think it was i was able to get him for 15 million :)

This database sounds really awesome. I'm excited to see how it turns out!

Much respect for putting this to together, I can only imagine the effort this kind of undertaking requires.

Looking good, was about to post something about a Retro database for this FM, this is exactly what I was looking for tbh. How's it coming along?