Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

FM-Base £50,000,000 Challenge Thread

kevj1977

Nov 21, 2008
I have decided to give this ago. :)
I must admit, it was very taxing trying to balance the £50M budget against getting a balanced squad of average-good quality.
Here are my transfers so far:

Don't think I will be buying anyone else, total spent £45.5M, wage budget £635k.

Looking forward to the start of the season :)

---------- Post added 15/06/2011 at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 14/06/2011 at 08:34 AM ----------

Aaaargh, having a proper nightmare..... :(
Pld 12, W 0, D 3, L 9, Gs 11, Ga 27, Pts 3, Pos 20
I wasn't expecting miracles, but this is awful, lol...
I just cannot find a formation that works consistently, I put in a very good performance angainst Man Utd, 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, then they scored the winner. next match, got hammered 3-0 by Sunderland....WFT???

This challenge is a proper rollercoaster. Hopefully I can turn things around, have now played the top 5 teams, so looking forward to a run of supposedly "easier" teams to try build squad confidence.

Wil keep you posted.

maccakid

Jun 21, 2011
I cant seem to get this extracted to the correct folder, does anybody use footy manager through steam? could give me the exact folder location? cheers for any help...

Apr 11, 2011
i tried it on patch 11.3 and the board gives me 60M euro (ok with the conversion here) for transfers and... 59M euros for wages! which patch is the database for?

-----

my bad, i didn't realize it was 1 million pounds per week, so basically the conversion works for wages as well

Last edited:

junxian32

Nov 21, 2010
haihs~
i tot it was gonna be okay when i started my season with 1-0 win over newcastle and 0-0 draw with MU..
then i started to lose all the way... 5-0 to bolton.. 6-0 to chelsea.. 1-0 arsenal, 5-0 to swansea ( League cup which i think was the worse lost -.- )

Wanorak

Dec 13, 2012
Decided to give this a go even though it's a bit old but glad to say I'm loving it :-D
I've spent all but a few quid and have a squad of 23...will post a screenshot.
Anyway, started the season and had a nightmare lost first 5 games to Rugby scores and the injuries were numbering at least 3 a game. I quickly signed Gary Lewin as my physio and signed a full complement of coaches. Still got a few injuries but this was probably due to the lack of pre-season training they had as I took a long time getting my players. I also turned down the training level while they all get fit. Anyway got my first win today 2-0 against Newcastle my strikers C Benitez, G Samaras and H Suazao are all starting to show a bit of form. I play Samaras as a deep lying forward and Suazao or Benitez as poachers seems to be working well. Starting eleven:

Krul
Finnan. Gorks. A Sigurrdson. L Samuel
Diame
V Moses. O Kapo
Michu
H Suazao G Samaras

Subs: C Benitez, D Toure, F Brandy, J Allen, A Rangel, Osei.

chappers13

Dec 5, 2012
I may give this ago. see how it goes. what the best someone done

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2