FM-Base £50,000,000 Challenge Thread

I have decided to give this ago. :)
I must admit, it was very taxing trying to balance the £50M budget against getting a balanced squad of average-good quality.
Here are my transfers so far:
xfers1.jpg

Don't think I will be buying anyone else, total spent £45.5M, wage budget £635k.

Looking forward to the start of the season :)

---------- Post added 15/06/2011 at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was 14/06/2011 at 08:34 AM ----------

Aaaargh, having a proper nightmare..... :(
Pld 12, W 0, D 3, L 9, Gs 11, Ga 27, Pts 3, Pos 20
I wasn't expecting miracles, but this is awful, lol...
I just cannot find a formation that works consistently, I put in a very good performance angainst Man Utd, 1-1 with 5 minutes to go, then they scored the winner. next match, got hammered 3-0 by Sunderland....WFT???

This challenge is a proper rollercoaster. Hopefully I can turn things around, have now played the top 5 teams, so looking forward to a run of supposedly "easier" teams to try build squad confidence.

Wil keep you posted.

I cant seem to get this extracted to the correct folder, does anybody use footy manager through steam? could give me the exact folder location? cheers for any help...

i tried it on patch 11.3 and the board gives me 60M euro (ok with the conversion here) for transfers and... 59M euros for wages! which patch is the database for?

-----

my bad, i didn't realize it was 1 million pounds per week, so basically the conversion works for wages as well

Last edited:
haihs~
i tot it was gonna be okay when i started my season with 1-0 win over newcastle and 0-0 draw with MU..
then i started to lose all the way... 5-0 to bolton.. 6-0 to chelsea.. 1-0 arsenal, 5-0 to swansea ( League cup which i think was the worse lost -.- )

Decided to give this a go even though it's a bit old but glad to say I'm loving it :-D
I've spent all but a few quid and have a squad of 23...will post a screenshot.
Anyway, started the season and had a nightmare lost first 5 games to Rugby scores and the injuries were numbering at least 3 a game. I quickly signed Gary Lewin as my physio and signed a full complement of coaches. Still got a few injuries but this was probably due to the lack of pre-season training they had as I took a long time getting my players. I also turned down the training level while they all get fit. Anyway got my first win today 2-0 against Newcastle my strikers C Benitez, G Samaras and H Suazao are all starting to show a bit of form. I play Samaras as a deep lying forward and Suazao or Benitez as poachers seems to be working well. Starting eleven:

Krul
Finnan. Gorks. A Sigurrdson. L Samuel
Diame
V Moses. O Kapo
Michu
H Suazao G Samaras

Subs: C Benitez, D Toure, F Brandy, J Allen, A Rangel, Osei.

I may give this ago. see how it goes. what the best someone done

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2