FM-Base £50,000,000 Challenge Thread

leeumoconnor69

Arsenal 3 - 0 Scum
Reaction score
I created a database for Football manager 2009 that over 2500 of you downloaded and took part in, i give you the same challenge again for 2011. The database will be uploaded at some point today after a points system has been figured out for a leader board. Use this thread for screen shots, general discussion about the challenge and to check the leader board.

July 1st 2010 8:00am:
FIFA have announced today that Base FC must balance their books before July 2nd or face extinction due to the increasing debt and failure to pay players wages. Chairman Michael Davis has not yet released any statement regarding the clubs future but is expected to comment within the next hour.

9:50am:
Michael Davis has released the following statement, "I regret to inform you all that as of July the 2nd 2010, Base FC will no longer exist as the club has not found a buyer to relieve us of our debts. This morning i met with the club manager and players and told them all we were un-able to pay their wages once more, swiftly after all 24 players, 6 coaches, 3 scouts, 2 physios and the manager have opted out of their contracts and left the club. To all supporters of the club i can only apologise for the distress this and the last 12 months must have caused you, and i thank you all for your incredible support. Base may be dead in the Premierleague, but it will always be a part of me, a part of you and a part of football history.

12:06pm:
Supporters have gathered outside of the The Forum and are singing songs of praise for their manager and players that have left the squad today, Base chairman Davis however is the victim of much abuse from the supporters claiming he has killed their club because of his greed.

5.00pm:
BREAKING NEWS
Base F.C have been purchased by a new board under the condition that club be re-named FM-Base. Terms have been agreed and the club that looked to be out of buisness stays alive, FM-Base will be looking for a new manager to completely re-shape the club from top to bottom and keep them in the top division. They have made £50,000,000 availible for transers and £1,000,000 for wages. Who will be the next manager FM-Base, can they keep them up or even go further.

Take the challenge.

Rules:

You must select Avoid Relegation as season expectations.

You must not spend over £50,000,000, this is to form a whole squad and staff.

You must not use editing software such as FMRTE.

A points system will be figured out to create a leader board of this challenge.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hall of Fame

Highest position end of season -

Biggest win -

Most games won in a row -

Most games without losing - ( 6 ) leeumoconnor69

Most games without conceding -

Top goalscorer -

Top league goalscorer -

Furthest in carling cup -

Furthest in FA cup -

Most scored -

Fewest conceded

Last edited:
This sounds good but awfully similar to Harry's DB. Will probably start it later :)

Nice one mate. Really enjoyed the one for 09, cant wait for this!

This sounds good but awfully similar to Harry's DB. Will probably start it later :)

i created one for 2009s game...so unless harrys was before that, his sounds similar to mine :p

Make sure you get one of the graphical buggers to make up some kits/badges.

I believe Harry has done it every year for around 4 years but oh well, it does not matter :)

I believe Harry has done it every year for around 4 years but oh well, it does not matter :)

Impossible, he's only been a member for two years ;)

see..i use to be a regular member of this forum around 2008/2009s game installments and i cant say ive ever heard of such a challenge, but if its similar all i can do is offer my sincerest apologies and pray that one day you and indeed the entire forum can find it in your hearts to forgive me :p

Ill play, although the most likely outcome is i will start then do **** then rage quit :'(

Yes mate. I did your 2009 one and loved the challenge. I think you replaced Hull in that version.

Will there be rules regarding transfers by instalments etc?

Make sure you get one of the graphical buggers to make up some kits/badges.

yeh, i remember i got someone to make the kits and badges for 2009s one cant remember who it was though, i think maybe sean did the badge and carbers made the kits?

Yes mate. I did your 2009 one and loved the challenge. I think you replaced Hull in that version.

Will there be rules regarding transfers by instalments etc?

yes i think it was hull, i think ive replaced blackpool in this one although it killed me to do so haha. Um, well as its only a seasons challenge id say just straight out money deals without installments would be fairest.

I will do the graphics if you like :)

fmbasebadge.png

Thats the badge I did a few months ago for something else.

Done it in 09, was a great challenge :)
Hope it uploads sometime soon!

You using any transfer updates mate or just 11.2?

You using any transfer updates mate or just 11.2?

just the orginal latest patch mate, i did think about using one of the updates, but i dont feel thats mine to edit.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Done it in 09, was a great challenge :)
Hope it uploads sometime soon!

thanks mate :) should upload it tonight, just gotta finish some work, then i will figure out a point system, get the graphics sorted because some people like to make their game a bit more flash and then will upload

I will do the graphics if you like :)

fmbasebadge.png

Thats the badge I did a few months ago for something else.

yeh thatll be decent mate :) im not too fussed about badges and kits but i know some people are so if you could do something like that thatd be great, thanks

Good to see you back leeum. :)

Will give this a go.