Just finished my first season with my 800 million dollar challenge team :)

I ended up using about 500 million this season, i put my trust in shining stars, and payed big bucks on a few of them xD

View attachment 754511

View attachment 754515

As you can see, alot of young players...

Here is a image of how my players performed:

View attachment 754519

Memphis Depay was an absolute beast this season. He came in 3rd for the Ballon D'or, was the young player of the season og European golden boy... He was my best signing!

Now lets see how the season ended:
View attachment 754524

Yes, i came in 3rd, i ended up missing out on those vital points in some of the last games, thought i had it all the was :-(

All in all, a great season. I know my team only will get better from here on out! I believe i will clinch the Premier League next season and go far in the Champions League!!

This challenge is alot of fun!

How'd you go with Champions League with no club grown players?

Going after both players and got 'em, albeit got Laporte with a release clause of $59M after I shelled out $100M for Mario Gotze (FINALLY!)

100m farrrrrrrrrk! I got him at end of season for 20ish coz he was unhappy and a.v.e 6.5

Chose to play with this mod while starting in December of 2013. I wanted the few months before EPL started so I could make some key signings. My signings are below. Paid some major money for Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshire! You can bet your bottom dollar they're my star midfielders XD Even got Victor Valdes on a free transfer, lucky me! Let's see how well he still is. I tried to get Xherdan Shaqiri, but he didn't want to come to FM-Base. Of course, I tried to get Neymar and Lionel Messi, but they didn't want to leave Barcelona.

DatePersonFromFee
1/1/2014Aaron RamseyArsenal$240M
1/1/2014Pierre-Emile HøjbjergBayern$95M
1/1/2014Karim BenzemaReal Madrid$110M
1/1/2014Olivier GiroudArsenal$34.5M
1/1/2014Jack WilshereArsenal$180M
1/5/2014Reece BrownBirmingham$2M
1/6/2014Héctor BellerínArsenal$30M
1/7/2014Morgan SchneiderlinSouthampton$33.5M
1/7/2014Víctor ValdésFree TransferFree
1/23/2014Heinz LindnerFK Austria Wien$775K
1/25/2014Gedion ZelalemArsenal$23.5M
1/31/2014Iker MuniainAthletic$43.5M
1/31/2014Kevin VollandHoffenheim$23M
1/31/2014Mário FernandesCSKA Moscow$24.5M
1/31/2014Juan JesusInter$16.75M
1/31/2014Lukas PodolskiArsenal$13.5M

Here's my future transfers. Samuel Umtiti is the star of this group.

DatePersonFromFee
6/9/2014Kyle WalkerTottenham$26M
6/9/2014Ricardo RodríguezWolfsburg$60M
6/9/2014Nathaniel ClyneSouthampton$25M
6/9/2014Layvin KurzawaMonaco$23.5M
6/9/2014Éder Álvarez BalantaRiver$11M
6/9/2014Kieran GibbsArsenal$30M
6/9/2014Nathan RedmondNorwich$16M
6/9/2014Samuel UmtitiLyon$15M
6/9/2014André AyewMarseille$17M

Anybody have any other suggestions for signings, specifically defenders?

I cannot believe you wasted that outrageous money on Wilshere, Ramsey, Benzema & Hojbjerg

I'm starting this right now and If i dont finish first I'll be so dissapointed

can you explain how to make the kits work and how to save them in the right folder properly please

Looks interesting. I'll give a try. Here's s screenshot of the players I've signed in the first transfer window:

I'm playnig in the Bulgarian currency - Lev, so this is the same screenshot converted in Pounds:

Think I've nearly got my team... and I have to say it's pretty good - i did however add staff at the club so that this wasn't an issue and I'm not going to lie... their good.

A team I think that should dominate English football for some time... from day one

I'll post my team when I've signed my youth players...

Liking the challenge a decent amount of money for a change... but I did make a few changes...
I added some pretty good staff to the club, so i could dive straight into transfers without that headache.

I reckon this is one of the best teams I've had in FM with the exception of regen city...

First Team Squad:-

GK: Hugo Lloris & Heinz Linder

WB: Darijo Srna & Ricardo Rodriguez & Vedran Corluka
DF: Giorgio Chiellini & Ashley Williams & Marquinhos & Danny Batth

MF: Michael Bradley & Aaron Ramsey & Valon Behrami & James Ward Prowse
AM: Cristiano Ronaldo & Eden Hazard & Coutinho & Neymar

FW: Karim Benzema & Teofilo Gutierrez

Youth Team:

DF: Kenny Tete & Flippo Romangna & John Souttar

MF: Jesus Vallejo & Ruben Loftus-Cheek & P. Hojbjerg & Aaron Kuhl & Will Hughes & Alex Mowatt & Lewis Cook & Jack Grealish & Rolando Aarons & Pione Sisto
& (new addition: Pepulu £2.5m)

FW:
Zakaria Bakkali & Cauley Woodrow

Screenshots & editor data(my edit):
View attachment 279892
"Here is the link for my edited version with good staff at the club. Includes the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson (DOF), Mauro Tassotti (ASM) and Dave Parnaby (HOY) and many more"

Transfers:
View attachment 279898View attachment 279897

Staff(all)
View attachment 279895View attachment 279894
Staff (in game additions)
View attachment 279896

Best XI (pre-season)
View attachment 279893

I'm expecting BIG things from this squad and save. What you reckon guys?

Last edited:
So this is my progres by the half of the season:

Not the best start, but I hope tere will be an improvmment. Wish luck to others playing it!

In thee winter transfer window I bought only Cristiano Ronaldo and this is the end of the season:

Trying to start a new game with this database. Done all the normal things and selected this database. Got to the picking leagues page and it won't let me continue after that. It's just not letting me click continue. Can anyone help? Dying to give this a go!

Trying to start a new game with this database. Done all the normal things and selected this database. Got to the picking leagues page and it won't let me continue after that. It's just not letting me click continue. Can anyone help? Dying to give this a go!

Problem solved. Lets go! :D

Just got to January on 1st Season, no FA Cup which is a shame. Apart from that, loving this. Top of the league half way through the season on goal difference. Key players are Sergio Ramos, Leighton Baines, Paul Pogba, Miralem Pjanic, Memphis Depay, Isco, Pedro, and Alexandre Lacazette... oh and I've just bought James Rodriguez in the Jan window too!

Not sure how i'm gonna get 4 homegrown players in my Champs League squad next season haha

I downloaded it - but please how do I start a game (where do I have to put the file in etc?)

If you still need to know go to Documents - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2015 - Editor Data, then drop it in there.

Wel unfortunately i lost the game i started last time (computer had a brain fart) so i have started again. Here are my transfers so far, tried to go with some world-class foreign players with a english "spine" along with some promising young english players!View attachment 273885

At what reputation do you start? And how does this compare to the other big teams in the league?