Haha, Definitely just started this as im going back to uni! Badtimes! Well, Lets see what happens! If anyones interested i'll post my signings!

For some reason the league cup/ capital one cup does not run and just says fixtures will start on a certain date that has already passed.

Any ideas why?

FYI I did move the team in to the championship and Q.P.R up to the prem for more of a challenge but I don't see how that would affect it, unless I am mistaken?

Last edited:
hi guys, i'm awful with computers.. how do i save this to the editor it just comes up on a browser? helppp

It is a tough challenge and one which I have failed! With 8 games to go, bottom of the league and very likely to be relegated I was sacked!

I think its possible to perform relatively well first season. I reckon I could have done better looking into loan signings rather than simply permanent ones.

Season: 2013-2014 (Season 1)
League: Barclays Premier League
Final Position: 20th - Sacked after 30 games
Cups: FA Cup 3rd Round, Capital One Cup 2nd Round.
Average Attendance: 28,620
Biggest Win: 3-1 (vs Norwich (Home), Barclays Premier League, 21st September 2013)
Biggest Defeat: 0-4 (vs West Ham (Away), Barclays Premier League, 30th November 2013)
Top Goalscorer: 14 - Jordan Rhodes
Most Assists: 8 - Carlton Cole
Highest Average Rating: 6.96 (28 apps) - Jason Steele

View attachment 433920View attachment 433919View attachment 433918

hi guys, i'm awful with computers.. how do i save this to the editor it just comes up on a browser? helppp

you have to place it in the "editor data" folder..... my documents/sports interactive/football manager 2014/editor data

This challenge is actually very hard. Im currently last after 10 games. I made the mistake if spending little (still 17 million left of transfer budget) because I wanted to save up. Its really fun though and i made leaps of joy after my first win. Somebody got any suggestions of what to do?

can i change this into a sky bet league 2 team?

Could it be possible to do this challenge but in the sky bet championship?

For some reason i cant buy anyone outside of the championship.

No one from the premier league will even join me. Is this meant to be the challenge?

Finished my first season in 13th place, this challenge was allot harder than I first thought it would be. I had a small squad with just 16 players, luckily i managed to avoid any long term injuries over wise I would of been screwed.

Was close to the sack about four times but always manage to get the results when I needed them.

View attachment 486927View attachment 486929View attachment 486931View attachment 486932View attachment 486934

View attachment 486935View attachment 486938

How did you sign Balanta and Doria? Says they have no intention of joining on mine

How did you sign Balanta and Doria? Says they have no intention of joining on mine

They was just interested, I've seen a few people on this thread sign these two players.

I bided on the first day maybe that makes a difference.

Also I had already signed 5 players before Doria and 12 players before Balanta that may of made them more interested.

Last edited:
I know 50.000.000 is a lot of money, but can you make another version with more money? :D Thx in advance.

For some reason i cant buy anyone outside of the championship.

No one from the premier league will even join me. Is this meant to be the challenge?

Most premier league players are already playing at a team with a bigger reputation so they are unlikely to want to move, out of all my signings only two were from premier league teams. I did notice that more players became interested during the January window but it's tough to save money for that.

If you can make a version with slightly a higher rep then that would be champion otherwise i will give this a try.

Got 17 players assembled so far and still around ?17m to spend (went for mid table finish).

Need a decent creative midfielder or 2 to help move my team forward

I have made a few signings which people may think are strange. My strikers are Yann Kermagent and Leigh Griffiths. Kermagent has decent stats to play as a target man and Griffiths as a poacher. I am hoping it works lol

I know 50.000.000 is a lot of money, but can you make another version with more money? :D Thx in advance.

If you can make a version with slightly a higher rep then that would be champion otherwise i will give this a try.

Got 17 players assembled so far and still around ?17m to spend (went for mid table finish).

Need a decent creative midfielder or 2 to help move my team forward

I have made a few signings which people may think are strange. My strikers are Yann Kermagent and Leigh Griffiths. Kermagent has decent stats to play as a target man and Griffiths as a poacher. I am hoping it works lol
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...emier-league-challenge-discussion-thread.html