FM-Base.co.uk Fantasy Premier League 2013/14 (Now with Prizes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
shay given wont be villa no.1 will he it will be Guzan surely had a great season for them last year

I went for a cheap back four so I can get some top strikers in but might change it as the season goes on I did at first had hart in but changed my mind

Buying RVP, Suárez and Bale is a bad decision in my opinion, since you can get players nearly as good for much, much less.

E.g. Soldado, Agüero, Bony and Lukaku up front and Silva, Carrick, Hazard and Mata in midfield.

This is my old team, I've improved it quite a bit since:
View attachment 376850

Sent from my iPod touch.

I've joined the league also, handy seeing this as I'd only made a team yesterday to join my works league.

Because I've got some games in my Steam library that need giving away I'll throw in some little prizes for the Classic League too...
  • Random Player from the top 50 after Gameweek 2: Football Manager 2013 (Must not own the game already)
  • Random Player from the top 20 after Gameweek 4: Limbo
  • Random Player from the top 20 after Gameweek 6: Hotline Miami

How to you give games away?

Quietly confident about the new side, with the new BPS changes it makes defenders valuable, especially those who can anticipate and pass.

IlrMfES.png

Slighlty changed my team :p

View attachment 377459

Which do you think is better?
Definitely the second one.

Quietly confident about the new side, with the new BPS changes it makes defenders valuable, especially those who can anticipate and pass.

IlrMfES.png
I doubt BPS will make a significant different for defenders, as it only awards 3 points to the best-performing player in a game; whereas even a forward gets 4 point for scoring a goal. But you do have a nice team there.

IlrMfES.png

Aguero hasn't played any pre-season, Williams has horrendous fixtures and Carrick doesn't score many points FPL wise. Looks good otherwise though.

IlrMfES.png

Vidic and Gibbs are also far too injury-prone, and to be honest I think Monreal will be our 1st choice LB anyway

Definitely the second one.

I doubt BPS will make a significant different for defenders, as it only awards 3 points to the best-performing player in a game; whereas even a forward gets 4 point for scoring a goal. But you do have a nice team there.

Yeah the BPS system does seem to give 6 points to scoring defenders versus 4 for forwards, so it's possible to look at players who always put themselves in the box a little (Kompany/Koscielny both come to mind), also clean sheet bonuses for defenders mean if you look at the defensive records of top sides then it is going to give a higher average points to clean sheet teams which would make Mignolet a top value keeper. This also makes possession teams more valuable, since drawing 0-0 still gives you defenders a good amount of value.

I actually thought BPS applies to every player, but I do see what you mean by it's of limited value.

I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can do any better :D

Yeah the BPS system does seem to give 6 points to scoring defenders versus 4 for forwards, so it's possible to look at players who always put themselves in the box a little (Kompany/Koscielny both come to mind), also clean sheet bonuses for defenders mean if you look at the defensive records of top sides then it is going to give a higher average points to clean sheet teams which would make Mignolet a top value keeper. This also makes possession teams more valuable, since drawing 0-0 still gives you defenders a good amount of value.

I actually thought BPS applies to every player, but I do see what you mean by it's of limited value.

I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can do any better :D
My tactic is to go for attacking fullbacks just to gain some points from assists and passing in general.

Oh I thought he meant games he had already activated.

When you buy games you can buy them as gifts and give them to yourself. So they just sit in an inventory until you gift it to someone or give it to yourself. Or like Epic Terrorist said, you can also give people Steam codes to games you haven't activated yet.

When you buy games you can buy them as gifts and give them to yourself. So they just sit in an inventory until you gift it to someone or give it to yourself. Or like Epic Terrorist said, you can also give people Steam codes to games you haven't activated yet.

Once you given them to yourself, can you still give them away to someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.