FM Base CotM Discussion Thread: feedback, thoughts and ideas

I'm afraid I think it might have. From what I've seen, many users (including me) seem to prefer to stick to their own game and don't usually take part in these challenges, which is a shame, as it means your challenges don't get the attention they deserve. I think people prefer just choosing their own teams and playing with them for however long they want, rather than following a challenge. Maybe for FM11 it might be worth creating a thread with a few 'challenge saves' posted up, and allow users to download whichever save they want to play.

dan i think you've got to take into account the age of the participants as the younger members of the forum had lots of free time over the summer due to no school and now that they are back at school might not have the time to commit to a challenge with a set deadline.

i don't think you should give up as you're still coming up with great ideas. it might also be a case of the challenge not appealing because it is based in leagues we already know quite well so we know what to expect from the teams around us. i think that adding alot of variety into the challenges might help out as my favourite one was the el salvador challenge as it's totally different to the sort of game that i would normally play.

i think that exploring new nations would be a good way forward but i think that it might be worth setting challenges in lower divisions aswell as the international and top division challenges.

I'm afraid I think it might have. From what I've seen, many users (including me) seem to prefer to stick to their own game and don't usually take part in these challenges, which is a shame, as it means your challenges don't get the attention they deserve. I think people prefer just choosing their own teams and playing with them for however long they want, rather than following a challenge. Maybe for FM11 it might be worth creating a thread with a few 'challenge saves' posted up, and allow users to download whichever save they want to play.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

I've always tried to keep the challenges fresh and varied, in addition I've always tested them before release to minimise problems and disputes... all of this is quite time consuming of course. As a result I'm keen to use my time in other endeavours if the interest just isn't there any longer. I'll keep an eye on replies to this thread (if any!) before making a decision.

Hey, Pompey_Dan,

I love your challenges since I'm really bored with "normal" type of play. I've tried playing with lots of clubs and it always led to losing interest.
The first thing that i can remember is to somehow limit transfers. To me, it's not quite interesting when you have 20m, and can buy a whole new team on installments.
I'll post later if i remember anything new.
cheers