Yeah I think it seems like this one's dead, such a shame I was enjoying it

Season Two So Far

So, after a largely successful campaign last time out, we set ahead with going for promotion number two. My chairman and I had a significant falling out however..

View attachment 1109558

Yup, he sold the captain on deadline day from underneath me. It sucked. Urquidi took the armband from him, Bond remaining as the vice captain. In the meantime, we needed a replacement. Lewis was on loan at Watford from Arsenal, and Zimmerman had just been joined by Darnho at West Ham. So...

View attachment 1109559

Keeping the squad at a nice 25, we bring in Steo from Hemel. I'm not expecting fireworks immediately, but he'll go into the ranks pushing for that open spot. Fish and Willie take over duties in the centre of the park to start with.

Results-wise, everything is going great. We haven't lost yet, and after our opening day thrashing of Aldershot, we've gone from strength to strength. Granted, we've had a couple of poor results mixed in, but I'm not getting too worried about those.

View attachment 1109560

In recent times, our matches are usually sparked into life by a Telstar goal, with the Estonian winger leading from the front in the last month or so. Having said that, it's been an allround effort so far. Steo has his first goal for the club, whilst Fish, Willie and Birch have helped the forwards with goals. Even Lowerson has chipped in.

All of that means we are sat at the top of the league. Undefeated. Not really much more I can to that is there?

View attachment 1109561

The players have been a mixed bag. There are those that have led from the front, and those that have failed to impress me when they've started. Players like Tracz and Jablonksi for example have not take the opportunity when afforded to them. However, I am looking at retraining them into other positions to suit my everchanging needs. Jablonski and Murley are both being trained as wing backs, whilst Tracz is being trained to go out wide in an effort to help him challenge the established order a little more.

I'm also looking at bringing in a 3 CB formation, so competition back there is even more fierce. Same goes for the keepers too, both have been good yet again.

Willie and Fish have been first choice in the centre of the park for the most part, but Birch has really impressed when played. Steo is finding his feet still, and is being given time to adapt to the new role of CM(au) he now plays in the centre, rather than the playmaker.

The strikers have all done ok in spells, but injuries have hit hard. Dover missed two months with a dislocated shoulder, whilst Alarcon and Odd-***** both missed a month or so each. Urquidi has been ok, but international journies leave him tired out, poor thing. Dahnert is now essentially striker number 5, but is yet to score. Hawkins, while able to play up front, finds himself in the BBM role rotating with Willie.

The relevelations really have been the wingers. Silva has been on fire on the right, and in the absence of injured or inconsistent strikers, Telstar has been on hand to fire home. I expect interest to mount for both players over the next year or so, I need my chairman to stick to his guns and reject any offers.

View attachment 1109562

The others have had variable seasons. Some haven't yet moved, so DanW and Kronos among others are still big fish in a small pond. Others like Talent and Zimmerman have found chances limited after finally getting a dream move. Darnho remains the success story so far, with his big money move, while his new internation team mate Branagan enjoys success on loan at Peterborough from West Brom (?). Kovsonejro is the one I expect to move next, the tricky winger yet again having a good season.

View attachment 1109563

I am very sad to leave!! Hopefully I dont turn out to be a flop at West Ham!! haha

I mean it's not technically dead, but it's not alive either atm. A shift in my role at work means I'm getting home after 12 hours, covered in some sort of chemicals, and I really don't have any motivation for FM. That said.. I'll look at uploading the database file for you at some point this weekend, then at least you can have a crack at it.