Godfish93

Reaction score
View attachment 102656

At the beginning of every season, there are the exit trials. These are for the players not fortunate enough to make it at the highest level, or for ones missed in the system. The exit trials of 2016 were no different. A large cast list was set to make an appearance. What was different however, was the attendance of FM Base manager David Kerry. Ordinarily, the trials were reserved for teams in the upper echelons of English football, not an upstart club from the middle of London.

The opportunity being offered though was a unique one - a guaranteed contract until 2030 for all those lucky enough to sign. The previous squad had all left at the end of the promotion winning season; a protest at what they perceived as a lack of support from the fans. They left in search of a club that would appreciate and nurture them. As the days leading up to the trials progressed, numerous applicants registered their interest. In the end, the list was whittled down to 41.

Kerry was looking for a 25 man squad, so competition was fierce. Come the end of the 30th June 2016, he had his men. FM Base FC, who were to play in the Vanarama South in the upcoming season had a squad again. The following were the chosen few:

GK - Michael Dale (1)
GK - Kristoffer Lippopodopolis (N/A)
RB - The Treble (18)
RB - Wikiwiki (33)
CB - Craig Lowerson (5)
CB - Gavin Jameson (15)
CB - Charlie Bond (90)
CB - Alex Harris (24)
LB - Nate Naterr (2)
LB - Bert Bathernon (3)
CM - God Fish (20)
CM - DarnHo ( 6 )
CM - Shane Tracz (26)
CM - Sam Birch (8)
CM - Jai Normus Willie (13)
RW - Jorge Pinto-Murley (69)
RW - Fabio Silva (92)
AMC - Matthew Hawkins (14)
AMC - Andreas Dahnert (23)
LW - Jason Jablonski (7)
LW - Allan Telstar (98)
ST - Odd *****-Notthatbright (16)
ST - Napoleon Urquidi (9)
ST - Alarcon (10)
ST - Ben Dover (11)

Didn't even make the squad :(

You do have a club, hoping to get all 41 players up tonight, but I'm pushing time a little. And who knows, you may make the move to FM Base FC in a future season, so I'll be updating on the other 16 players as well as the main squad.

Who are FM Base FC?

Before we meet the players, we should meet the club. FM Base FC were founded by a group of gaming enthusiasts in 2010. They figured that they were masterminds on the computer, it should transfer to the real world. Even their kits were chosen based on the colours of the forum they frequented.

View attachment 102653

. Successive promotions saw the club rocket to the VNS, but the season prior was fraught with conflict. The playing staff completely resigned, citing severe pressure from the fans and a complete disconnect with the chairman. They went back to their pc's, leaving their club in danger. Kerry, the manager throughout this, stayed on purely because he was getting a qualification out of it. Plenty of loyalty there.

However, the club was also bought out that summer, with punters keen to make money swooping in on the chaos. A new chairman and a successful manager looked promising, and the club value largely reflects that at 95m.That said, Kerry remains on a tight budget, leading to the "contract for life" scheme that the club have now employed this summer only.

Sponsoring the club this season will be Vauxhall, who were the first to jump on the bandwagon of the contracts gimmick. It may be only for a pittance for the club, but any sponsor is good. Adidas will be providing the kits, fighting off New Balance for the contract.

View attachment 102652

The team play at The Base, a 6k all seater stadium that served its purpose superbly in the lower leagues. Built in 1995, and well maintained by its previous owners, a local rugby club, the team have played there since its inception in 2010. There are rumours of a potential new stadium down the line, but results need to be seen first.

Last edited:
I'm already stuck behind the clubs "hot prospect", curse you Mike! :p

Nice job on the kits though mate, very slick.

Jesus, I look amazing...

The above squad post will be edited shortly on the creation of a new file. Guess which idiot forgot to turn attribute masking off....

Edit: Or I'll delete it, either works..

Last edited:
The above squad post will be edited shortly on the creation of a new file. Guess which idiot forgot to turn attribute masking off....

I was just about to tell you what a great job you were doing too...... admittedly it was a feeble attempt to get myself off the bench, but still :p

How will attribute masking affect the guys who did not make it into FM base though? Will you still be able to follow their progress properly?

I was just about to tell you what a great job you were doing too...... admittedly it was a feeble attempt to get myself off the bench, but still :p

How will attribute masking affect the guys who did not make it into FM base though? Will you still be able to follow their progress properly?

It meant I couldn't see their full attributes, so I only had a value range for each stat. If they were to move to a country I couldn't scout, I'd be completely stumped. Just made it slightly less fun for those 16.

Few technical hitches, it'll be fine! Story of my life, fine when I get going, it's the getting going thats the problem!

It also puts Choko's comment out of context now as well, so that'll amuse me for a little while.

Ah right gotcha. Misread your original post, thought you were starting again to turn attribute masking on :p

None get left behind..

One of the stipulations made from the list of 41 selected by Kerry for his shortlist was that they were the only ones that could sign for FM Base whilst under his management. Each of the 16 was shortlisted and emailed, informing them of this situation, and should the opportunity arise; they would be able to pull on the navy blue of FM Base. Following the exit trials, the players dispersed among the VNN/VNS clubs to ply their trade; hoping that a new contract in the top leagues, or joining FM Base, would become a reality.

View attachment 102587 View attachment 102586 View attachment 102585 View attachment 102584 View attachment 102583 View attachment 102582 View attachment 102581 View attachment 102580 View attachment 102579 View attachment 102578 View attachment 102577 View attachment 102576 View attachment 102575 View attachment 102574 View attachment 102573 View attachment 102572

This looks amazing. Well done for doing it and getting it together. Heres hoping I play some but the team get up to the top.

Will you share database at all??

This looks amazing. Well done for doing it and getting it together. Heres hoping I play some but the team get up to the top.

Will you share database at all??

I will make it available at a later stage, yes

Looking forward to the start of the season! Hopefully in able to cement a place in the starting eleven,
Any ideas on formations? Or style of play?

Good as usual mate, I'll still be following, Naterr going to be my main guy to follow, can't beat a 6 foot 11 beast left back that attempts overhead kicks!

Good as usual mate, I'll still be following, Naterr going to be my main guy to follow, can't beat a 6 foot 11 beast left back that attempts overhead kicks!

Yay my first fan! but who wouldn't love a giant aggressive monster who also likes to argues with officials ;)

Yay my first fan! but who wouldn't love a giant aggressive monster who also likes to argues with officials ;)

Reminds me of a certain Hulk Hulkster Hogan from previous BAPS. Don't think he was ever 6 foot 11 though haha

Woohoo, Hot Prospect