Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Links to other previews available elsewhere online:
www.FMView.com
www.FMGreece.gr (In Greek of course)
http://www.FM-Scene.net

Football Manager 2011 is being released on November 5th. I have had a chance to try out the game and thought I would share some of what I have found with everyone. This is is no way a complete preview of the game. All I can show is what I have seen in my brief time with it.

The demo will hopefully be out in a couple more weeks and then everyone will be able to have a try of Football Manager 2011.

Agents

In the game each player is represented by an agent. These agents have different attributes: Willingness to Tout Players, Agent Fee Demands, and Patience. Some agents are very patient and prefer to be in the background. But you get agents like Adam Shaw below who just want to make as much money as they can and will offer their players at any given opportunity.

View attachment 2494

In the brand new news screen you will often be approached by agents making you aware of their clients and encouraging you to make an offer for them.

View attachment 2495

It is possible to filter out agent offers so your news screen doesn't get bombarded with them. So if you are only interested in looking for great free transfers then simply set the filter to 'Only Show unattached players' and that's all you will get.

View attachment 2493

Contract Negotiations

Negotiating contracts for players is now done in a 'conversational' way as if you were actually sat down at a table with the player and their agent. They will provide you with their demands and you then have to negotiate a deal to suit all three parties (The club, the player, and the agent).

View attachment 2490

As you can see, my board will not allow such high wages so the only thing I can try is to barter and get the wages and agent fee's down as low as possible.

View attachment 2489

View attachment 2487

Once you finally offer suitable terms the agent will let you know and they will go away and consider the offer (and offers from other clubs).

View attachment 2486

But on the other hand if you stretch negotiations out for too long and cannot come to an agreement the agent will call it a day and you will miss your chance to sign the player you were after.

View attachment 2485

There are also more clauses that can be added to a player contract such as 'Match Highest Earner' and 'One-Year Extension After League Games'. You can now also offer a Yearly Wage Rise of 50% (compared to only 25% on FM 2010).

View attachment 2488

Transfers

Not too much has changed with transfers. The main thing I have noticed is that if you do not have enough money in the bank it is possible to interact with the board and request for more money to complete the deal.

View attachment 2492

However, just because you ask doesn't mean you will receive...

View attachment 2491

Player Interaction

You can now have a 'Private Chat' with your players about all sorts of matters.

View attachment 2484

Having these chats with players will hopefully lead to you building up good relationships and making the players happy.

View attachment 2483

Talking to the Press

You can also talk to press about various things. For example you can talk to the press about a player you want to sign.

View attachment 2482

Hopefully this will lead to a positive response from the player, and if it does then it's a good sign that he is willing to join your club if you can negotiate with his current club.

View attachment 2481

Set Piece Creator

There is now a visual way of setting up Free Kicks, Corners and Throw-ins. Instead of simply having to use drop down menus you can now see visually where your players will be on the pitch.

View attachment 2477
View attachment 2476
View attachment 2475

Match Preparation

You can now set up match preparation which allows your team to get used to each other (Team Blend) or practice set pieces and to get used to new formations. It's very simple to use, you can pick up to 3 formations to use and then simply pick an area you want your team to focus in. I have chosen Team Blend as many of my players are new to each other and this will help them get to know each other.

View attachment 2474

You can also view just how familiar the team is with your current tactic. This is a very useful feature as it clearly shows that changing tactics regularly will disrupt the team.

View attachment 2473

Steam

Like on Football Manager 2010, there will be 80 Football Manager 2011 Achievements if you activate your game via Steam. The details of these achievements aren't available yet, but from what I have seen so far there is a good mix of achievements again.

On the Steam Store page for Football Manager 2011 it mentions that 'Steam Cloud' is enabled. Hopefully this will mean being able to sync saved games with any computer you use Steam on. There is a 100MB limit though and each new saved game is probably going to be around 10-20MB in size. It will be interesting to find out just how this works.

View attachment 2478

Social Networking

This year you will be able to publish your achievements and goals to Twitter and Youtube. Publishing to Twitter can be set to Automatic or Manual, so no need to worry about spamming your Twitter friends with constant updates.

View attachment 2480

It is also possible to upload videos to Youtube in 1080p and to also save the files to your computer for quick viewing.

View attachment 2479

Notes
This is in no way a complete preview, there is plenty I haven't even touched upon. Keep checking FM-Base in the coming days/weeks for more previews and looks at FM 2011.

I am also using the 9,000+ Club & Competition Logos Pack and the 50,000+ Player Faces Pack.

Last edited:
Mmmm Steam Cloud. :wub:

I hope it allows your save games to be synced and not just your preferences.

Cheers Sean, but now you've made the wait seem longer!

Looks really really good. Thanks for that Sean. Looking forward to negotiating with agents :)

Cant wait for the demo.. looks good mate :)

Excellent preview. Thanks for it.

Looks epic, I want this game naow!

Sean, not sure how much you've played it yet, but what are your views on the match engine so far?

Looks good. :) some of the new features look good, some less so.

Wow I'm drooling over this already. Looks like it will be great.

Looks good actually. :)

Can't wait for it now. :)

this game will be fantastic
the sad thing is that it will only came out in november:S