FM-Base Goalkeeper of the Year Awards

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K

Who has been the best keeper this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S

Sam

As we come to the end of an exciting season, I thought it would be fun for our forum to vote for the player who performed the best in each category, this one is for Goalkeepers. So to choose your Player of the Year award select your favourite from the list above. Also leave a comment on why you chose said player. I will post the Defender awards a week after this, Enjoy :)

Petr Cech: Not just because i support Chelsea but in whats been a poor season to Chelsea's recent standards Cech has still been magnificent. If anything we have got to see more of him because Chelsea have faced more shots and he is currently winning the golden glove award again i believe. Recently played his 300th game for Chelsea and is only the 2nd foreigner to reach that landmark along with the legend that is Gianfranco Zola who played 312 games so Petr Cech could maybe even double that once his playing days are over.

I must say not far behind is VDS, an absolute tremendous goalkeeper and Utd have alot to do in trying to replace him next season. I would say this will be one of SAF's biggest challenges to date.

It's been a great season for Joe Hart, but I had to go with Van Der Sar. It's arguably been his best season for Manchester United, and he has produced many world class, match winning saves throughout the year. For me, he's been the difference between the top three sides in the league, and along with Vidic, is the reason why a mediocre (according to many rivals) Manchester United side have been able to compete for every trophy this season.

I was going to go with Wojcech Szeszeny, because this season he has done a tremendous job at stepping in to the first team, with little to no experience, and he has done exceptionally well. However, saying that, there was only 1 choice really! Edwin Van Der Sar. He has been above average all season long, and at 40 years of age, that is a fabulous achievement! Well done VDS, you get my vote!

Ben Foster for me. He helped a lacklustre Birmingham team more or less gain survival and win the Carling Cup.

Van Der Sar, Cech, Hart are all obvious ones. Ali Al Habsi, Friedel and possibly even Rob Green are all more leftfield choices, but I think it would be hard to deny this award to Edwin Van Der Sar in his final season. A truly great player, and one that has won United many points this season.

Van Der Sar, Cech, Hart are all obvious ones. Ali Al Habsi, Friedel and possibly even Rob Green are all more leftfield choices, but I think it would be hard to deny this award to Edwin Van Der Sar in his final season. A truly great player, and one that has won United many points this season.

Yeah - 'cos he's blatantly going to sign in and be really disappointed when a bunch of internet users on a forum don't give him this prestigious award ;)

Oh all right - I went for Edwin VdS.

Ben Foster might push him for it, though as well as Joe Hart.

Next year will be Manuel/Wojciech's year, though - mark my words!

Looks like VDS has won it really early on, I'm sure the Defender thread will be tighter

Yeah - 'cos he's blatantly going to sign in and be really disappointed when a bunch of internet users on a forum don't give him this prestigious award ;)

I am a prestigious football writer, of course he cares. ;)

Looks like VDS has won it really early on, I'm sure the Defender thread will be tighter

Fat chance. Vidic'll win.

All have had a great season but I have went for Wojech Szeceny. He done a great job stepping into the 1st team and became a regular this season.

Agree w. GC - Vidic should and will win...

Midfield will be most interesting IMO. Up front, too.. Are we doing one for left/right wing as well or what? (And end up with an FMB TOTY)

Back