FM-Base Goalkeeper of the Year Awards

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K

Who has been the best keeper this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You be shittin' me. he's ****

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Lots of bias going on here =P
cjacko voting for Cech, jackrodwell26 for Howard, seanmccan for gomes, =p

No, I am not. He has been a great asset to Birmingham's defence this season and has to be recommended. Not the best this season, but deserves a recommendation. Coincided with his performance against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, he has been on call for the Blurs hen they have needed him, with outstanding saves and stops.

No, I am not. He has been a great asset to Birmingham's defence this season and has to be recommended. Not the best this season, but deserves a recommendation. Coincided with his performance against Arsenal in the Carling Cup, he has been on call for the Blurs hen they have needed him, with outstanding saves and stops.

Agreed.

Particularly agree on calling them "the Blurs", which makes me imagine Nikola Zigic and Lee Bowyer with floppy 90s haircuts riding a quad-bicycle with 'Parklife' playing in the background.

Agreed.

Particularly agree on calling them "the Blurs", which makes me imagine Nikola Zigic and Lee Bowyer with floppy 90s haircuts riding a quad-bicycle with 'Parklife' playing in the background.

* Blues.

The iPhone is the worst when it comes to things like spelling.

I was going to go with Wojcech Szeszeny, because this season he has done a tremendous job at stepping in to the first team, with little to no experience, and he has done exceptionally well. However, saying that, there was only 1 choice really! Edwin Van Der Sar. He has been above average all season long, and at 40 years of age, that is a fabulous achievement! Well done VDS, you get my vote!

agreed not biased but the 1st choice keeper of the team who win the league always gets it

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

i spose van der sar as had good season but so has hart and szeczney

VDS, Cech just behind him.

Foster has done very well, Hart too. This season many GKs have done well, but VDS gets my vote. Not only for his wonderful saves, but also for how good he is with his feet, organizing defense, Communicating with defenders and his presence just makes our defense a lot better. Extremely calm head and experienced. Will be missed for sure.

Arsenal Ches also deserves mention. He is cocky *******, but he has done very well for his age.

Conrad Logan :wub:

Without him, we'd already be ******

Interesting that Mignolet is on there but say, Krul isn't - who I'd say has been better than him. VDS has been the best this year though

Has the be VDS. Amazing that he is still playing for a team that is going to win the league and is in the champions league semis. Not only that but he still plays very well too. Amazing

Ben foster or Jussi Jaskelainen most of the keepers like Van der sar and cech are good but main reason they play good is that they have a great defensive line in front of the and Birmingham and Bolton don't

Do you guys think I should start the Defender thread now as this one has died down

Al-Habsi, bias, yes, but if it wasn't for him, Wigan would have been relegated already.

Decent keeper, considering he was no. 2 for so many years

Wouldn't surprise me if a big team snap him up off bolton at the end of the season. If we stay up, he will no doubt be in the running for Wigans player of the year.

As much as I wanted to vote for Wojciech Szeszeny, I went for van der Sar. It's his last season in football and he's been a fantastic goalkeeper, you can't deny that.

Notable mentions go out to Ben Foster and Ali Al Habsi, who have both been immense in two very average teams this season, in my opinion.

Cech. Not cost a goal all season, VDS and Reina have. Was it week 1 as well for VDS?

Back