FM-Base Goalkeeper of the Year Awards

• Thread starter Thread starter Sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 4K

Who has been the best keeper this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has to be Wojech Szeszeny for me- Was just about unheard of at the start of the season, but come in and made his debut at Old Trafford. He has made a couple of errors [Tottenham, Birmingham] but I've been really impressed and he's going to be a beastly 'keeper in the future.

Van Der Sar did push him close though...

Agree w. GC - Vidic should and will win...

Midfield will be most interesting IMO. Up front, too.. Are we doing one for left/right wing as well or what? (And end up with an FMB TOTY)

Yeah it's gonna be a 4-4-2, next category being DR (Defensive Right), then at the end they will be a FM-Base TOTY, as you say

Voted VDS, but he was pushed close by Cech, Foster, Szczesny and even Reina. Tbh I think its actually closer than it looks just VDS has pipped so many people.

Ben Foster has been solid for Birmingham all season.

You be shittin' me. he's ****

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Lots of bias going on here =P
cjacko voting for Cech, jackrodwell26 for Howard, seanmccan for gomes, =p

You can't expect there not to be, the better keeper has got the most votes, that's the main thing.

Why isn't Paddy Kenny there, or any other lower league goalkeeper or abroad?!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

P.S I voted for Tim Howard

Perm only Sid

@RideTheWalrus
To see who the forum thought was the best keeper, my viewpoint is that the poll is right.

Perm only Sid

@RideTheWalrus
To see who the forum thought was the best keeper, my viewpoint is that the poll is right.

I didn't ask you how you got your hair cut. :P

Sorry, but, to the people saying Szczesny - he's played 11 games, I'm not saying that he hasn't played well, but surely somebody can't be the best keeper of the year when they've hardly played?!

Sorry, but, to the people saying Szczesny - he's played 11 games, I'm not saying that he hasn't played well, but surely somebody can't be the best keeper of the year when they've hardly played?!

The point most people seem to be making is that he has broken through into the First XI and at the age of 20, has excelled in 90% of those games. That he deserves it because no one knew who he was at the start of the year and now he's one of the best in the PL.

I think more than just United fans have voted for VDS, he has definately been one of the top keepers this season
Hmm, you are right I guess. Hopefully they get a **** keeper after he retires :P

The point most people seem to be making is that he has broken through into the First XI and at the age of 20, has excelled in 90% of those games. That he deserves it because no one knew who he was at the start of the year and now he's one of the best in the PL.

He's not really yet though. Friedel/Green/Gomes/Hart/Howard/Al Habsi/Reina/VDS/Cech and probably some others, all ahead.

There's a lot of Man United fans in this forum.

If you mean because VDS has got so many votes - a lot of non-Utd fans have voted for him as well like me.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

He's not really yet though. Friedel/Green/Gomes/Hart/Howard/Al Habsi/Reina/VDS/Cech and probably some others, all ahead.

OK - an exaggeration but I wouldn't say all of those GKs are ahead of him at the moment. Better than Al H, Gomes, [Friedel, Howard at a push] but I'm not saying I agree with the rest of it, though.

Last edited:
Al Habsi's done fantasticaly well in a poor Wigan team. Friedel is just an amazing goalkeeper, if Schejxjepwkdsdpfkefjweopfjopfny matches his ability he'll be great.

Al Habsi's done fantasticaly well in a poor Wigan team. Friedel is just an amazing goalkeeper, if Schejxjepwkdsdpfkefjweopfjopfny matches his ability he'll be great.

Yeah, he's a good GK but Szczesny IMO is ahead of him. Maybe that's my little bit of bias, though. Agree on Friedel - a top 'keeper hence why I put "at a push".

Back