FM-Base HaxBall Tournament

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 6K
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what's going on?

Waiting for the final two games between Alfie, Dunc, Foss and Brian to be completed.

Although, I'm not sure about Dunc ... or Brian. May have to be replaced.

Why the **** did I have to draw Alfie. Sigh.

The only time I played him, the connection was horrific, I was bouncing around the screen and could literally do nothing.

Hopefully will be different next time.

******* **** game anyway.

Foss and Brian are still left to play their HaxBall games before the deadline closes. Friday this week is when all games have to be played.

C'mon guys.

I forfeit.

Bye.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

So the tournament is now down from 5 to 4. Alfie, Ct, Billy and Jonesy are the remaining competitors in the latter stages. Brian handed in his resignation from the tournament, so now we advance to the stage where this is a straight one-off game, one-legged and the usual 'up to 10 wins' format.

The winners of the semi-final games will then, obviously, progress to the final, which will then have an 'up to 10' to decide the FM-Base HaxBall Champion. The fixtures are:

Alfie vs. Billy

CtPauley vs. Joneesy

Since it's a one legged affair, I presume there is going to be a neutral host for each game?

Being host is a significant advantage.

Since it's a one legged affair, I presume there is going to be a neutral host for each game?

Being host is a significant advantage.

Fine fine. I'll host.

I can host any time today from 12 Noon to 12 Midnight. Think I can do the same all weekend. We just need to get these games out of the way as it's dragging along too slowly.

Did you read the thread Wilko? We're at the semi-final stage.

Alf, I'll play you tonight.

Anythin happenin? or someone start this again? Love to be in :D

Anythin happenin? or someone start this again? Love to be in :D

As Billy pointed out, we're into the semi-finals of the tournament, which therefore means nobody can join. It's down to the final four competitiors to play their matches, advance to the final and crown the champion.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

So with the neutral hosting, CtPauley sealed qualification into the final with victory. Unlucky for Jonesy, as some of the goals that were conceded were dubious and could have been a little more lenient. Nevertheless, on the contrary, one has made it, it's just a matter of the other two in Redrup and Billy to play out their semi-final and have the final.

CtPauley 10 - 3 Jonesy

Unlucky Jonesy.

So that means that the final will be played tomorrow. A new HaxBall champion will be crowned and we can finally end this travesty of a tournament. Thank you to those two participated and good luck to the two finalists.

The winner of the tournament, at the end, will receive nothing but the title of 'FM-Base HaxBall Champion'.

---------- Post added 14/08/2011 at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 12/08/2011 at 10:57 PM ----------

Well, we have a new champion. Alfie Redrup.

The game was tight, back-and-forth passing off the walls and good dribbling skills, but Redrup showed he was the better player and CtPauley was unfortunate to concede so many. Congratulations Redrup on your new title as FM-Base HaxBall Champion, unlucky CtPauley for finishing runner-up.

Redrup 10 - 2 CtPauley

Oh, and cheers to those for competing. :wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.