FM-Base Knockout Cup - Discussion and Sign-Up

Matt419 Comfortably Beats Coolmcool

View attachment 233051

So i felt that my tactic would work well with the Arsenal players i had at my disposal, with pacy wingers looking to break on the counter attack and a world class striker but we were rubbish!
My tactic obviously went seriously wrong somewhere but even when i changed a few things on two seperate occasions nothing changed!

Mertesacker netted twice from rebounds of set pieces i think whilst it seemed like every attack Matt had was from Reus who was incredible. My defence especially Debuchy looked rubbish whilst i dont think his even had much too do.
A front 3 of AOC, Sanchez and Higuian should at least have a clear cut chance i brought on Walcott and Giroud and still nothing!
Well done to Matt i hope you go on to win this now so i dont feel so bad.​

View attachment 232088
AW190 3-3 SaintMotbot (6-5 pens)
AW Marches on
Firstly, thanks to SaintMotbot for the great game - I honestly didn't see myself winning this as they were on top all game. Most of my players had a complete shocker with only 4 players (Alves, Sanchez, Salvio and Ozil) playing that well...
For all our defensive frailties 2 of SaintMotbot's goals were screamers by William Carvalho, and that may have helped us that they couldn't finish.
We held on in there and snatched the win on penalties.

The last match between Disclaimer89 and RTvd will take place tomorrow (hopefully). Should RTvD not reply then lewie100 will have a second chance and play Disclaimer (as I kind of want the semi-finals done before I go on holiday).

For those already through - CraigWL, me and Matt419 - the team for the Semi's will be PSG and the budget (I haven't checked their IG budget - if it's higher then use that) will be £55m

Semi-final Draw
Disclaimer89/RTvD/Lewie100 vs Matt419
AW190 vs CraigWL

RTvD and myself are playing now.

EDIT: We drew 0-0. Currently replaying now!

Last edited: