FM-Base Knockout Cup - Discussion and Sign-Up

Edited

Sorry i wrote the wrong numbers so two teams would get a bye then at least everyone gets to play and there is no bye to the final

Yeh sounds alright - unless we do the two unluckiest losers get a pass through to Quarter Finals (So lowest margin of defeat?)

Yeh sounds alright - unless we do the two unluckiest losers get a pass through to Quarter Finals (So lowest margin of defeat?)

Yeah thats better! More games, More chances. Wildcards for the win!

Having just looked at the FMBWC thread, we are down a member as AidanD10 has a broken computer...
Therefore, there is one more space! As soon as that space is taken, registration is closed (and the draw will be made), I'm thinking around 24/48 hours for the transfer window with the team?

Days of the week usually available: All
Time available (GMT please): Pretty much all day every day, I live on this game :p
Preferred method of contact (arranging matches): FM Base/Email
Recommended team(s) Man City/Chelsea/Arsenal

OK, this draw will be (semi) live! I will pick (randomly generate) two users at a time every other minute for 12 minutes and update this post with the latest match. When it is done I will decide the team for use this round and the transfer budget for them. Each player will then have 48 hours to play a transfer window (NON LFCMARSHALL UPDATE) with that team (giving them the transfer budget in the editor, if anyone needs help just ask). Once the transfer window ends on your save, export the team (Again, if you need help with it - just ask) and send the file to me (It's in the exported teams file). After the 48 hours is up, you will have 5 days to arrange and play your match. When it is finished, BOTH players must send me a screenshot of the result - then it is official. Any problems, PM me/message me on Steam (AW190)

Anyway, enough rambling from me - Here is the draw:
CraigWL vs RTvD
Lewie100 vs DanosFC
SaintMotBot vs Yiliang99
Crchamp vs Matt419
thejoshster vs AW190
Disclaimer89 vs Stonecold

So... Massive fixture at the end!

Last edited:
F5 for Days.

EDIT: Danos, that's an alright draw! Could be worse, no offence to Danos though. :)

Last edited:
Just have a quick question. So when we do the transfer windows, will we be able to sell players from that team as well to raise extra funds? Or will we only be able to buy players?

Just have a quick question. So when we do the transfer windows, will we be able to sell players from that team as well to raise extra funds? Or will we only be able to buy players?
Don't see any reason why not, so yes you can sell players

Team Announcement

After counting everyone's votes, I can reveal that the team for the first round is:
  • Transfer Budget: £65m (Unless anyone objects)
  • You CAN use monthly installments to get ONE player - I will require a screenshot of transfers to go with the exported team, if you could mention who (if anyone) was signed through monthly installments that would be great
  • The transfer window can only be done on normal FM (due to the editor) - And will last for roughly 48 hours each time (This one will finish at 22:00 GMT on 12/08)
  • You will organize your own matches and BOTH players must send the screenshot of the result.
  • The timeframe for this round is 5 days from the end of the transfer window - 13/08 until 17/08
  • PM me/message me on steam (AW190) if you have any queries/concerns.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

So no transfer update patches? just the standard Barcelona team as the game comes?

Also, just a quick question, because knowing me i'll maff something up, just so i know...

I give Barca £65m transfer budget on the editor, does that mean that i'm capped at £65m or can the monthly installments take the number over £65m?

Also, just a quick question, because knowing me i'll maff something up, just so i know...

I give Barca £65m transfer budget on the editor, does that mean that i'm capped at £65m or can the monthly installments take the number over £65m?
The monthly installments can take it over (but can only be used on one player), however you can also sell players (IG) to raise the budget

The monthly installments can take it over (but can only be used on one player), however you can also sell players (IG) to raise the budget

Cool, thanks, also, must the wage budget be kept the same or can we add more to that as well?