FM Base League: Ideas and Discussion

Reaction score
View attachment 298518

Evening all, I've had an idea in my head for awhile now that I wanted to share and see what kind of interest there is.

I love on-line play and the idea of everyone competing against everyone but we all play FM at a different rates of speeds. It takes me about 8-12 days to play through a season whereas I've seen others do a season in 14 hours.

So I have an idea that we all compete in a league. Play each other round-robin style in verses matches and update the stats ourselves like they do in real life. Each team is free to use whatever players they like.

FM-Base Premier League

Rules so far (subject to change)

League sorting rules

Total Points
Goal Difference
Goals For

No player restrictions

This means that each player's team will be comprised with completely unique regens or with existing known players. It doesn't really matter to me if the teams are evenly balanced as that offers little in the way of advantage: You still need to know how to get the best out of them :P

Deadline for submitting squads is midnight 00:00AM GMT 23rd Feburary: ie, tonight!

The squads used in each match must be the squads submitted. No playing on and developing your players during the season as that's not fair on the people you've left to play.
Send your squads .fmf file to me at [email protected]

Squads can be updated, developed until midnight tonight. I won't be accepting squads after 00:00GMT (midnight) and you'll have to use the last squad you provided.

When Games will be played

Game Round 1: Monday - Wednesday
Game Round 2: Thursday - Sunday

N.B. - Players pick a day that suits them both. the first round will be updated on Thursday, second round will be updated on Monday, ect.

If you can't attend a game, try let us know 1 day in advanced and the game will be postponed.
If they don't reply, give them a day or two. Because we're dealing with different time zones it may take a few hours to get a reply.

If you've mailed them and get no reply before the match week expires. The match is postponed and you can agree to play it at any point over the next 7 days. If they still haven't gotten back to you, you'll be awarded a 3-0 win.

When matches are finished, Save the match and send the .pkm file to me. This will ensure fairness and so that I can keep track of stats without having to bother everyone by asking for them.

Fixture Rules

Match times to be agreed between players. Both players are the send the .pkm file to me after the match is finished.

Match Day Rules:

What I'd suggest is a minimum highlights of Extended.

• Players can agree to play it on higher or lower but it must be mutual
  • ie. player A decides to play on Key player B is still allowed to play on extended.

From a management point of view, I couldn't analyses what was going on in game on Key highlights since most of the tell-tail signs happen between the goals. Playing on Key means we'd miss the opportunity to tweak and adjust to prevent the opposition doing plan effectively.

Game speed is really down tot he people in question. I usually play with 3 notches in from the right.
Anything slower is too slow for me; anything faster tends to feel too fast
tongue.gif

Were to send .fmf/.pkm files

[email protected]

How to Host/Join Games

[TABLE="class: cms_table, width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Hosting the game[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Joining the game[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]

1. [*=left]At the Start Screen Click, "Online Games Preferences"
    [*=left]
    [*=left]
    [*=left]Click "New Online Game"
    [*=left]Click "Versus"
    [*=left]
    [*=left]Wait for everyone to join.
    [*=left]
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]

1. [*=left]Click "Join Online Game"
    [*=left]
    [*=left]Join game
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Love the idea but like anything of this nature afraid i'd never be able to commit :'(

Things like time zone, game time etc. always bring me undone. Would love to see & hear more of it though so hope you get it going!

Amazing idea.... Hope it pans out well for those who participate
I'm all over this idea!!
Love the idea but like anything of this nature afraid i'd never be able to commit :'(

Things like time zone, game time etc. always bring me undone. Would love to see & hear more of it though so hope you get it going!
This is a cool idea. I'd be in :)
I'm in for this! :D
I'd be up for it.
Does sounds good - i am interested!
I'm in! See who the best manager really is!
Im also in
Looks good so far, Get your **** in gear!! haha
Im game! lets get this show on the road!
interesting!!

As is stands, We've 10 people interested in competing (which gives us an 18 games league.) I'm leaving the thread open and holding off on starting this just to build interests and so that we can all agree on rules, structure; weather to introduce a knock out cup alongside it :P

But are we happy to go with these numbers? (unless more are interested...)

I've always been a fan of the La Liga League sorting rules as it promotes winning games over settling for draws.

Sorted:

• Goals For

Last edited:
Possible Rules

Players Interested:

[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]Pos[/TD]
[TD]Team[/TD]
[TD]Pld[/TD]
[TD]Won[/TD]
[TD]Drn[/TD]
[TD]Lst[/TD]
[TD]G.F.[/TD]
[TD]G.A.[/TD]
[TD]G.D.[/TD]
[TD]Points[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]akhilisalad[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]Brendn[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]calcal[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]david h[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]DeanHehe[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]lewie100[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]MANUMAD[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]Matt419[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]rjp666[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]xJamieWilliams[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

No player restrictions

This means that each player's team will be comprised with completely unique regens or with existing known players. It doesn't really matter to me if the teams are evenly balanced as that offers little in the way of advantage: You still need to know how to get the best out of them :P

When Games will be played

Game Round 1: Monday - Wenesday
Game Round 2 2: Thursday - Sunday

N.B. - Players pick a day that suits them both. the first round will be updated on Friday, second round will be updated on Monday, ect.

If you can't attend a game, try let us know 1 day in advanced and the game will be postponed.
If you miss the reschedule, it'll be awarded as a 3-0 loss.

When matches are finished, Save the match and send the .pkm file to me. This will ensure fairness and so that I can keep track of stats without having to bother everyone by asking for them.
Anything else people want to add, let me know.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm gonna have to load up someone else's long term save and export that team then! :)

By the way, does anyone know how to export a team so I can get it ready for Vs mode? Thanks in advance. :)

Looks like I'm gonna have to load up someone else's long term save and export that team then! :)

By the way, does anyone know how to export a team so I can get it ready for Vs mode? Thanks in advance. :)

How does one get a team full of regens?

It's only an idea to prevent 10 teams of Balanta, Munir, Romero, Teilsman ect. playing each other.
If people don't have long-term saves where they've built up a core team of regens we can come up with other ideas.

Just hashing out ideas for now so that it dosn't get stale as all 10 teams having the same core players would be very boring in my opinion.

Back