FM Base League: Ideas and Discussion

For example i have portsmouth in my 1st season, & san marino starting my 5th season.. there my only 2 games i have atm...cannon fodder just! lol

If anyone else is interested in joining, put your name down. As it stands, this league will take 2 months to play out so we've plenty of time to spare for more people to be added in. You only need to be free to play two matches a week. A little bit of flexibility will be needed on both sides if you're playing people in different timezones but I'm sure we can figure something out: That's what the weekends are for :P

For example i have portsmouth in my 1st season, & san marino starting my 5th season.. there my only 2 games i have atm...cannon fodder just! lol

Don't worry, every league needs a whipping boy :P

It's up to you mate. If you want to use either of them sides, you're free to but I'd have no problem with you
taking a team from a new database save and playing with them. Id prefer we play with sides we've built just so we're offering something different than what the game already offers but I understand whee you're coming from.

Better start a barcelona save sharpish then!

Better start a barcelona save sharpish then!

Hope to God (SI) you're joking :P

The last thing I want is for this to become a league full of Chelseas, Bayern Munichs, Real Madrids and Barcelonas.
I really want he verity of lots of different players with different styles.

From the outside looksing in, I'd have no interest in following this if everyone was playing with those teams.
If you've built a monster teams, that's okay to me since it's interesting to see the players you've brought together and how you get the best out of them.

About to start season 5 with san marino in serie A was relegated from it in season 3.. but sure i've a weekend to improve my team!! lol

Hope to God (SI) you're joking :P

The last thing I want is for this to become a league full of Chelseas, Bayern Munichs, Real Madrids and Barcelonas.
I really want he verity of lots of different players with different styles.

From the outside looksing in, I'd have no interest in following this if everyone was playing with those teams.
If you've built a monster teams, that's okay to me since it's interesting to see the players you've brought together and how you get the best out of them.

I was obviously joking! And I was advising david h to do it (tongue in cheel) - not stating what Im about to do!

I have a SASSUOLO save which is in the 3rd season so Im thinking of using that ... (or I can use Lanus - I havent decided yet)

A weekend to get some regens in to replace aging legends like Ronaldo and Zlatan! And to get 2-3 seasons done (Can do it easily) :)

I was obviously joking! And I was advising david h to do it (tongue in cheel) - not stating what Im about to do!

I have a SASSUOLO save which is in the 3rd season so Im thinking of using that ... (or I can use Lanus - I havent decided yet)

Haha, just to be sure. I'm going to see if I can squeeze in a season with my Liverpool side before I start.

A weekend to get some regens in to replace aging legends like Ronaldo and Zlatan! And to get 2-3 seasons done (Can do it easily) :)

Point to note: Can we all agree to export the team on Sunday and not update it as the League goes on. It's mianly an honor system but it'll be quite unfair if the squad you play with in Round One is updated/older/younger/ more developed than the squad you play with in Round 22.

Just so that everyone is playing the same teams and to eliminate "you got to play him when he didn't have 'x' player, ect" arguments and nip them in the bud.

Okay, I now need to head out: Got a 2 gigs to play tonight so I'll check back in on this when I get home and draw up the fixture list. Max players is 16 (Nice group stage for cups) so we've 6 open spots for anyone who wants them it's First come, first serve.

If no one else is interested, we'll plug ahead with the 10 players.

Christ, I'm excited about this now!!! :P

Sounds like a great Idea! I wouldn't be able to commit but will follow this!

you could always do a draft style pick for the teams??

set out an order for the draft, everyone picks one at a time from players at the start of the game

pick 18 players each and then everyone makes their team in the editor and export that??

That way no one can be tempted to "cheat" with an overpowered team

and also that is how Doctorbenjy has done it in their youtube league series (which is pretty awesome and you guys should check it out)

Sounds like a great Idea! I wouldn't be able to commit but will follow this!

you could always do a draft style pick for the teams??

set out an order for the draft, everyone picks one at a time from players at the start of the game

pick 18 players each and then everyone makes their team in the editor and export that??

That way no one can be tempted to "cheat" with an overpowered team

and also that is how Doctorbenjy has done it in their youtube league series (which is pretty awesome and you guys should check it out)

Aye, I love Benjis stream :)

The only prblem I'd have with that is that it's too time consuming and I feel the reward is not worth it. I don't really have that much of an issue with players having similar players. Since we're all exporting our saves, we're not playing with the same players: rather different versions of the same player, each developed slightly differently. Like, My Munir is 6 seasons in so he'll be different to other peoples depending on game time, tutoring, ect.

Back