FM Base League: Ideas and Discussion

Just a suggestion, do you think game week two could have a non weekend day in it, sometimes I struggle on weekends! Up to everyone else mind!

It's only an idea to prevent 10 teams of Balanta, Munir, Romero, Teilsman ect. playing each other.
If people don't have long-term saves where they've built up a core team of regens we can come up with other ideas.

Just hashing out ideas for now so that it dosn't get stale as all 10 teams having the same core players would be very boring in my opinion.

1. The way ive always played management games I never have more than 3/4 seasons per team and I dont like using regens.
2. Never mind having ten teams of Balanta, Munir etc duking it out. That way the best manager will win ...

Just a suggestion, do you think game week two could have a non weekend day in it, sometimes I struggle on weekends! Up to everyone else mind!

Round 1: Monday - Wednesday
Round2: Thursday - Sunday.

How dose that look? :)

This is just as much yer league as it is mine, I want ideas thrown into the mix so don't feel afraid to suggest things.
The more we hash it out, the better it'll be and more likely it won't fizzle out.

If you want, you could do both matches during the midweek if the two players you're playing are okay. It won't be updated untill the Thursday (round 1) or the Monday (round 2)

I want to stagger it so that we don't burn out quickly and so that there is a nice consistent update tot his since I'd imagine we have a lot of people who'd be interesting in following this league without necessarily playing in it.

1. The way ive always played management games I never have more than 3/4 seasons per team and I dont like using regens.
2. Never mind having ten teams of Balanta, Munir etc duking it out. That way the best manager will win ...

To be fair, all our Balantas and Munirs will all be slightly different since they won't be Database fresh so they are "diferent" so-to-say! :P Okay, I'm happy with that.

Exactly! I only have Balanta in my 2020 team out of the "popular" players. This way, it will show who the best "manager" is rather than the best team. :)

Exactly! I only have Balanta in my 2020 team out of the "popular" players. This way, it will show who the best "manager" is rather than the best team. :)

There are pros and cons to using them :

Pro: Amazing players who make any side better
Con: We all know about them so we, by now, know plans to deal with them :P

Round 1: Monday - Wednesday
Round2: Thursday - Sunday.

How dose that look? :)

This is just as much yer league as it is mine, I want ideas thrown into the mix so don't feel afraid to suggest things.
The more we hash it out, the better it'll be and more likely it won't fizzle out.

If you want, you could do both matches during the midweek if the two players you're playing are okay. It won't be updated untill the Thursday (round 1) or the Monday (round 2)

I want to stagger it so that we don't burn out quickly and so that there is a nice consistent update tot his since I'd imagine we have a lot of people who'd be interesting in following this league without necessarily playing in it.

When is this starting then? Will it be this Monday coming? :) Can't wait for this! Also, the draw could be today with the 1st round taking place in the 1st week, then 4 teams play with a random team getting through on a bye, and then 2 teams play each other with 1 random getting another bye and then the final, all taking place in alternating weeks from W1 so it will be W1, W3, W5, W7 or every other match day. :)

Im ok with the days - but I can only play matches after 7pm GMT (except for weekends)

Can we have two match times per day? So maybe 3:00PM to 4:00PM, for people who can't play then they can play from 7:00PM to 8:00PM?

EDIT: PS. I just want you to thank you for this, I've been really bored of FM lately and this has just got me back into it.

I'd be in the same boat, where i wouldnt nessecarrily play long term saves (my laptop struggles as the game goes on)

was a great database a few years back. where a league was created, each person made a team. say 20 players, team value of £X million capped and only 1 player over 20 million was allowed on the squad.

When is this starting then? Will it be this Monday coming? :) Can't wait for this! Also, the draw could be today with the 1st round taking place in the 1st week, then 4 teams play with a random team getting through on a bye, and then 2 teams play each other with 1 random getting another bye and then the final, all taking place in alternating weeks from W1 so it will be W1, W3, W5, W7 or every other match day. :)

A Monday starts would be idea (didn't even realize it fitted perfectly into my idea! :P )
I still want to hash out more ideas for rules and etiquette, ect.

I've never personally liked the idea of byes as teams should have a number of guaranteed games. (just the way I like to run them :) ) I think we should do a group stage just to have a few cup games, otherwise, the cup will be over very quickly with 4 rounds.

Cup Idea:

2 groups of 5.
1 match each

top two progress (possible play off between 2nd and 3rd place? Just to make it interesting :P ).
1st in Group A plays 2ns in Group B: Home and Away - Away goal rule
2nd in Group A plays 1st in Group A: Home and Away - away goal rule

Winner - 90 minutes - extra time - penalties.

What about timing?

What do you mean mate? :)

Im ok with the days - but I can only play matches after 7pm GMT (except for weekends)

We can include times available in the info section of the new thread (or I can include it in this thread)
That way, at a glance, we will know at what times and days people are available.

Can we have two match times per day? So maybe 3:00PM to 4:00PM, for people who can't play then they can play from 7:00PM to 8:00PM?

Aye, if the players you're scheduled to play against are free, have at it. I just don't want to do more than 2 games a week otherwise it'll be over too quickly. I also like the idea of giving everyone who'll be following this league something to get excited for and making them wait 2-3 days for each update :P

EDIT: PS. I just want you to thank you for this, I've been really bored of FM lately and this has just got me back into it.

Haha, no worries mate. This is my way of avoiding doing an on line save as I think it's very hard to get 10x people to agree to stare at the screen and do a season together. this is the best of both worlds.

I'd be in the same boat, where i wouldnt nessecarrily play long term saves (my laptop struggles as the game goes on)

was a great database a few years back. where a league was created, each person made a team. say 20 players, team value of £X million capped and only 1 player over 20 million was allowed on the squad.

The problem with Players value is that it's determined by contract value, not player ability. I could give Jay Spearing 5M p/w and he'd be rated higher than Messi for awhile :P

I've no problem with players playing with ordinary players. I'll more than likely have a core of Regens in my squad though as I love long term saves.

Like what time will he we play at?

That will be between you and whoever you're playing. I could say "Okay, we're all player at 4GMT on tuesdays" but that moe than likely won't work for some people. So instead, the fixture list will be posted, you can find out who you're playing, message them and figure out when we're both free, play the match and then send me the .pkm file and I'll update the league and do stats, ect.

P.S. don't worry about me when sending the .pkm files, I'm a honest bloke. I came 2nd in the League 3 time in a row in my Liverpool story: I'f I was a cheater, that would have been the perfect time to do so :P
I love letting the chips lie where they land and being fair while being competitive

That will be between you and whoever you're playing. I could say "Okay, we're all player at 4GMT on tuesdays" but that moe than likely won't work for some people. So instead, the fixture list will be posted, you can find out who you're playing, message them and figure out when we're both free, play the match and then send me the .pkm file and I'll update the league and do stats, ect.

P.S. don't worry about me when sending the .pkm files, I'm a honest bloke. I came 2nd in the League 3 time in a row in my Liverpool story: I'f I was a cheater, that would have been the perfect time to do so :P
I love letting the chips lie where they land and being fair while being competitive

Sounds good. :D
But what are you on about with the second paragraph? Is that about the 5 year plan?

Sounds good. :D
But what are you on about with the second paragraph? Is that about the 5 year plan?

Haha, Just reassuring anyone who's wondering. I'll be playing in this and running it so I can understand if anyone was suspicious of me.

Back