FM-Base PES5 League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've set up a league for FM-Base members on Pro Evo Rankings.com. So to play all you need is a PS2, a network adaptor, and a copy of Pro Evo 5.

I would prefer it if the people who join have atleast 20 posts on the forums.

League Details
Start Date: 15/01/06
Game Length: 10 Mins
Player Condition: Normal (Green)
Password: PM me

[Join The League]

Also, don't worry about your team selection. We will sort that out at a later date.

Last edited:
How come you're leaving it till the 15th, waiting for people to buy the game after crimbo or just busy till the new year? Password requested anyhow.

Yeh just thought I would give people some time to get the game and/or get used to it :)

Also does anyone feel strongly about banning certain teams?

It depends on how the team selection is going to be done, are you doing it as you can choose any team on the day or sticking with just one team throughout? Myself I wouldn't ban the most picked teams like Brazil, AC Milan, Barca or Chelsea etc. There is enough good teams to go around imo.

I think that you should get a 'home advantage'. This being able to pick your own team and the opponent has to pick the same team. Good idea or pure *****.

ill check n see if my pro ev online works

if it still dont work then im afraid i cant :(

Maybe I can help if you share the problem.

Well i use a router and i changed my settings ages ago so i could host fm network games. Well anyway when i try to connect to pes5 online it seems to freeze when it's testing the connection?

I have router problems also with pes5 because I have no idea which ports to open, i've looked and googled for the answer a million times and nothing. I'm on Nthell so I just disconnect my router, plug the SA cable modem back into the USB port, power off for 30 seconds then load PES. If you have a stand alone cable modem then here is what you can do (It's a pain in the **** though).

1. Turn off PC, remove the router.
2. Plug the modem into a free USB port.
3. Connect the ethernet cable from the PS2 to the Modem.
4. Turn the modem off for 30 seconds, then back on.
5. Load PES5 and go through the network config. (guide here)

You'll need to register to use the forum, if you don't have a SACM or would rather keep using the router and avoid this hassle then you should ask in the PS2 Online Pesfan forum, they are generally nice people and are always glad to help. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I'm up for this :D I fancy being Sampdoria, I don't mind if y'all want to be Barcelona/AC Milan/Chelsea.

Wes the best way to do it is to enable DMZ which opens up all ports on the router and make a network connection for the PS2 which connects to the adress with DMZ.

Cheers guys, I will try again tomorrow afternoon :D

If i get in i would like to go Celtic

Lee said:
I'm up for this :D I fancy being Sampdoria, I don't mind if y'all want to be Barcelona/AC Milan/Chelsea.

Wes the best way to do it is to enable DMZ which opens up all ports on the router and make a network connection for the PS2 which connects to the adress with DMZ.

Will look into it, cheers.

How much is online & do you need the real game to play it or will copy work?

£17.99 for the Network Adaptor. A copy might work, but it's kind of your fault if it doesn't :p

If i can get an adaptor(is that it????), and get it workin I will most certainly play. Not bothered about banning certain teams,I'l beat ya anyway :D

A copy will most certainly NOT work, the DNAS checks before you connect are in place to prevent pirate copies being played online, merry christmas. ;)

If i buy the real game would i be able to play online even if my ps2 is chipped?

After a quick google I can tell you no, you'll need to remove the mod-chip or buy a new console.

Ok After help from Lee :D i managed to get it working.

however it cuts me off msn,irc etc but i dont care i can play now.

Only 4 of us though, cmon people get your ps2's online and join the nerds!

Status
Not open for further replies.