FM-Base Players Section

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm working on a FM-Base players section. It's about 70% done so far I reckon.

players-1.jpg

(latest pic)
players-2.jpg

What do you think about that? Any changes you think should be made to it?

Last edited:
Possible to add someway for the visitors to increase/decrease the player rating or aren't you that clever yet?

Yeah that's what I'd like to do. I was thinking of allowing visitors to give the player a thumbs up/down and that would affect the rating slightly. But yeh I don't know how to implement something like that yet i'm still very new to all this php/mySQL stuff.

amazing idea, same with lee's idea. Is there going to be a way other mods/admins can add players?

Would be best to let anyone add players I think but have some sort of moderation so that all sorts of rubbish can't be added.

amazing idea, same with lee's idea. Is there going to be a way other mods/admins can add players?

Yeh well at the moment I just have a little form set up to create it which requires a user & pass that I have set.

Would be best to let anyone add players I think but have some sort of moderation so that all sorts of rubbish can't be added.

I'd like to do this. It shouldn't be too hard to implement apart from the fact that there is a form to upload a image & screenshot for the player and I don't want to make that part public until I can make it secure as I don't want knobs uploading stupid virus and injection attacks etc..

very true, just seen your recomendation for Riise :D

I think it's ready enough to be uploaded to the site soon anyway and allow players to start getting added. Just need to wait until I can sort out some access to the servers mySQL database.

I have now uploaded it. You can view it here

I have uploaded it to /forum/players/ because for some reason at the moment I am unable to create new directories in the root folder. Until this is sorted out it will stay like this.

What I am after though are some people to add players to the database. If you are interested can you please send me a PM.

Thanks

Walter - Internacional and Careca - Corinthians best player :p

Walter - Internacional and Careca - Corinthians best player :p

Just signed him for Middlesbrough. My Scouts were drooling over him so he had better be worth the £6.5m I paid for him :D

Sean, I've PM'd you 'cos it added Asenjo twice, plus it hasn't put Wilshere's position or type in properly :|

Sean, I've PM'd you 'cos it added Asenjo twice, plus it hasn't put Wilshere's position or type in properly :|

PM'd back. Deleted Asenjo and I'll edit the code to make Wilshire's position display correctly.

I was gonna tell you on IRC yesterday but I couldn't get on. I'm on now though if you want me to give you the details :)

i'm at work Sean, shouldnt really be on here but i am bored :p

Will catch up with you later

Ok then buddy. I'll give you the details in a PM then incase I don't see you tonight.

The URL for the Players Section has now changed..

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/players.php

Note to NUFCSean - I accidentally deleted the player pictures you uploaded when you added players. Don't worry though I will add them again.

it could be great if there was the fm-base's rating and the rating of the users too seperate....

greetings from greece:)

it could be great if there was the fm-base's rating and the rating of the users too seperate....

Yeah I would love to implement that feature. I just don't have the knowledge to :(