KentClark

Reaction score
Like a few people that play FM I've stayed loyal to FM Base despite other forums available but I'm saddened that the site is pretty much dead.

Interaction with other players is minimal unless your part of a click.

So many other sites offer more interaction & feedback...

Going back 7 years ago this was the best site for FM content...now it's only for the people in the click.

Goodbye FMBase

I wouldn't say it's dead mate, if anything the guys are making big efforts to do more. The website is getting an overhaul and other members/mods are making much more content like the youtube be a pro by iamauser and the twitter is getting used a lot more.

The site will always go a bit quiet before a new game comes out, once 19 is out it will be a lot more active.

Stick around!

This forum died when Peter Klopp signed out for good... seriously though things will get better I know some of the people they've recruited on Twitter and they're good lads. Just give it time and let the overhaul and FM19 come out

Happens every year around this time, everyone has made all tactics/graphics/threads on 18, not info yet on 19. You always get a summer lull in FM traffic

This forum died when Peter Klopp signed out for good... seriously though things will get better I know some of the people they've recruited on Twitter and they're good lads. Just give it time and let the overhaul and FM19 come out

Very, very dramatically

Try joining their discord server if you want more interaction.

The FM Base revival is real.

It's 2018, and 'forums' aren't the website of choice these days, however we are trying!

We are looking into having way more content on the website for Football Manager 2019, and we are going to direct more traffic to the website via our Twitter & Facebook accounts. Perhaps give us a follow on Twitter: @fmbase and you'll know more as and when we tweet about it.

Forums are going the way of the dodo. It is what it is.

Revitalising FM-Base

Forums are not entirely dead but the ground has certainly shifted beneath their feet. A company finding itself in this situation might conduct a SWOT Analysis:

STRENGTHS
- An established forum site that brings together hardcore and entry-level FMers
- Free-to-use blogging space for those unable or unwilling to create their own websites or enter into commitments with owners of third party sites
- Free-to-use storage space for those (like myself) with a large back catalogue of content for users to browse and download as they want
- Strong 'Helpdesk' element among the Moderators and regular contributors; if we know the answer to a query, we'll provide the required info and links to relevant pages/sites
- Large amount of existing and ongoing marketable content throughout the site

WEAKNESSES
- Forums are a bit 2010 and FM-Base has lost part of its territory to Twitter and other social media platforms
- Content is limited to the written form; YouTube and Twitch streams are more dynamic and appeal strongly to younger and more technologically advanced users
- Due to the volume of content and many discontinued threads, navigation through the site can be difficult and can lead to duplicated or unnecessary content that makes it harder to find what you're looking for or anything to catch your eye while browsing

OPPORTUNITIES
- The presence of kit makers, logo creators, database editors, moderators, etc. means there is a high degree of expertise present on this site, if it can be clearly identified and easy to access for users; showcase it and market it on Twitter and other social media platforms with direct links back to the site
- Potential for a strong FM Troubleshooting Surgery in the form of a regularly reviewed and updated FAQ, which you can promote on Twitter with regular tweets and in response to specific queries on Twitter
- Potential to more effectively harness and promote the strong tips, guides and how to sections of this site and use it on other platforms to drive traffic back to the site
- There are similar creators on Twitter who do not have (as far as I can tell) an easily browsable storage space for their back catalogue; approach them and invite them to "set-up shop" on FM-Base — see @Requestakit @FMU_tv (already a member of the FM Stream Team) @TheFMEditor85 and KentClark who began this thread, if he is willing to stick around; you can drive them to my own thread to demonstrate how this site can be used to make their stuff permanently accessible
- Establish strong, reciprocal relationships with your contributors on other platforms — Twitter, Twitch, Discord, YouTube, etc. — to drive traffic back-and-forth and raise the visibility of FM-Base within the FM Community as a whole
- Look to support content creators of all stripes who are active on any and all other social media platforms so they have a reason to drive traffic to FM-Base
- Promote the "No cost, No commitment" element of using this forum site — two Unique Selling Points compared to starting up your own website or entering into an agreement to provide regular content to a third party
- Ability for Moderators to clean-up and consolidate content to make it easier to navigate? End discontinued threads with no lasting content value and insert links where necessary to identify existing content that provides the requested information
- Ability to use other platforms to promote all of the best content (including older "Classic" insightful content) throughout this site
- Potential to facilitate collaboration between creators to produce FM-Base supported projects

THREATS
- Greater interactivity of Twitter and Twitch could see users continue to migrate away from this text-based forum site
- Other FM-themed sites exist; they are strongly image-led and may have better reputations within the FM Community as sources of content and game-related expertise

I'm sure others can add to these lists. Then it's for FM-Base to take the time and necessary action to maximise your Strengths, address your Weaknesses (a Weakness is an Opportunity to create a Strength), exploit your Opportunities and pre-empt the Threats.

Been up a while. Too much Red Bull last night!

Last edited:
Yeah, site where Im admin has really low activity, if any at all. It used to be one of the biggest FM sites on Balkan, however with the emergance of FB, IG and Twitter, it started to decay. Its a shame bacause it was founded way back in 2004.
However, FM Base has decently big 'sports' section that keeps us older members here who play a bit less FM nowdays.

Im not too old on this but i've been here since this was the top of the top community of FMers. I've read through all the posts and thay nail it, but i would like to leave my opinion.

Today, this forum has the solo purpose of delivering tactics to be downloaded. All the other sub sections where forgotten and other communities have stolen members like FM Scout. To gather more FMers i strongly believe that we need, like having more graphical content like logos, kits, skins, etc., addons, so you can download 3rd party software or those files that everybody downloads like Real Names, etc. But don't have just a thread with it. Make it proper!

Finally, one things that its hard to find and i think it would add a substancial number of members here. Editor.

I find myself with more than 20 years with FM experience and now i like to edit the leagues but lack the knowledge. Is there anyone else like me? Is there any community site that have tutorials to build custom databases/scenarios? Creating partnership with some developers and bring their work into here, promoting them in exchange for a help desk?

I also leave here my intention to help in anything that i can, if needed.

Forums are not entirely dead but the ground has certainly shifted beneath their feet. A company finding itself in this situation might conduct a SWOT Analysis:

OPPORTUNITIES
- The presence of kit makers, logo creators, database editors, moderators, etc. means there is a high degree of expertise present on this site, if it can be clearly identified and easy to access for users; showcase it and market it on Twitter and other social media platforms with direct links back to the site
- There are similar creators on Twitter who do not have (as far as I can tell) an easily browsable storage space for their back catalogue; approach them and invite them to "set-up shop" on FM-Base — see @Requestakit @FMU_tv (already a member of the FM Stream Team) @TheFMEditor85 and KentClark who began this thread, if he is willing to stick around; you can drive them to my own thread to demonstrate how this site can be used to make their stuff permanently accessible
- Establish strong, reciprocal relationships with your contributors on other platforms — Twitter, Twitch, Discord, YouTube, etc. — to drive traffic back-and-forth and raise the visibility of FM-Base within the FM Community as a whole
- Look to support content creators of all stripes who are active on any and all other social media platforms so they have a reason to drive traffic to FM-Base
- Promote the "No cost, No commitment" element of using this forum site — two Unique Selling Points compared to starting up your own website or entering into an agreement to provide regular content to a third party
- Ability for Moderators to clean-up and consolidate content to make it easier to navigate? End discontinued threads with no lasting content value and insert links where necessary to identify existing content that provides the requested information
- Ability to use other platforms to promote all of the best content (including older "Classic" insightful content) throughout this site
- Potential to facilitate collaboration between creators to produce FM-Base supported projects

Totally agree with this, the graphics/kits/logos/skins section could defo use some contributors roped in and promoted for requests and guides, as well as a reset or general clean up. Threads over xx years old need locking or archiving. Rocey / KentClarke etc do great graphic work, a few skin makers can be roped in, i know a few have had it with the SI Site mods and setup facebook pages instead. Andromeda, etc.

Some decent input on this thread...

I've stayed away from this site since I started this thread mainly to gather my thoughts and I've come to the conclusion that my frustration with this site is due to the fact I care about it.

So whether you like it or not I'm here to stay...;)

Also thank you to RocheyB & Wkdsoul for your kind words :D

Some decent input on this thread...

I've stayed away from this site since I started this thread mainly to gather my thoughts and I've come to the conclusion that my frustration with this site is due to the fact I care about it.

So whether you like it or not I'm here to stay...;)

Also thank you to RocheyB & Wkdsoul for your kind words :D

We'll get the kit section renamed Kents Kit Corner :)

So currently, there is stuff going on behind closed doors! We 100% know that interest/hype etc for FM18 isn't really there.. But we're trying to get stuff sorted for FM19.

I'm gather a little group of writers to provide more FM related articles, guides, reviews etc onto the website. Myself and a few others are coming up with a few ideas kinda like the "Be A Player" stuff to make this place more fun, interactive etc.

Our plans are for FM19, so sit tight and hopefully everything pulls through.. If it does, FM-Base should be back to normal from FM19 onwards :)

So currently, there is stuff going on behind closed doors! We 100% know that interest/hype etc for FM18 isn't really there.. But we're trying to get stuff sorted for FM19.

I'm gather a little group of writers to provide more FM related articles, guides, reviews etc onto the website. Myself and a few others are coming up with a few ideas kinda like the "Be A Player" stuff to make this place more fun, interactive etc.

Our plans are for FM19, so sit tight and hopefully everything pulls through.. If it does, FM-Base should be back to normal from FM19 onwards :)

Also get more active moderators to clean and run the place more smoother.

This was one of the forums I used to regular, and they're all dead now. It's a shame, but inevitable. People use Reddit, Twitter and Facebook for stuff instead. The FM subreddit is much more active than this place. I think only the big forums can stick around nowadays really. Heck, look at IMDB they shut down their messageboards

This was one of the forums I used to regular, and they're all dead now. It's a shame, but inevitable. People use Reddit, Twitter and Facebook for stuff instead. The FM subreddit is much more active than this place. I think only the big forums can stick around nowadays really. Heck, look at IMDB they shut down their messageboards

I have absolutely no clue on reddit, used it a few times but it seems terrible. I must be doing something wrong as it is popular. Give me a normal forum any day