I say we just stick to the actual official update. Means I don't have to go around downloading **** :D

I agree, but if more people want to use LFC, I'm fine with that too.

That would be really helpful :)

BTW c'mon United, game's about to start!

1. I so don't wanna do LFC's update, I'd rather keep it as the normal 15.3 database.

2. Are you a Man Utd supporter?

1. I so don't wanna do LFC's update, I'd rather keep it as the normal 15.3 database.

2. Are you a Man Utd supporter?

Fair enough, and from all EPL teams yea, although I hate van Gaal.

EDIT: Also, for morale and reputation, I'm setting mine to 20 and 10000, so there's always that. Furthermore, when you make your save, DON'T toggle to not add key staff. Your rep. will give you staff with good judging attributes and you don't need staff for this to work :)

Last edited:
The anticipation is "killing" me! :p

Hopefully I'll be around the middle so I can get the good choices every time. :D

The anticipation is "killing" me! :p

Hopefully I'll be around the middle so I can get the good choices every time. :D

You'll find out in 5 hours time :). Also, just to clarify, we will be using the 15.3 update NOT LFC Marshall (sorry for those who wanted to use it). And furthermore, let's hear what strategy you guys will use? High profile attackers first or safety at the back? Players for a specific tactic or making a tactic based on the star players you have? I have a tactic in mind personally, but for players I'm trying to balance out attack and defense based on a shortlist I've made.

I have my eye on a few players who might not be first picks for everyone, and a definite tactic in mind.

Going all in for Heskey and Lord Bendtner up front in a classic 7-1-2 Gung-Ho!

There are about four of the people who registered who haven't been online in a few days, so I sent a confirmation PM to them. The draft order with everyone currently registered will still be uploaded in a few hours; however, if by Midnight at the end of Sunday they have not confirmed, the draft will be put on hold until we can find new members. Given the interest around this thread, I hope this shouldn't take too long and that the draft will start either on time (with everyone confirmed) or only a day or two late. Cheers!

There are about four of the people who registered who haven't been online in a few days, so I sent a confirmation PM to them. The draft order with everyone currently registered will still be uploaded in a few hours; however, if by Midnight at the end of Sunday they have not confirmed, the draft will be put on hold until we can find new members. Given the interest around this thread, I hope this shouldn't take too long and that the draft will start either on time (with everyone confirmed) or only a day or two late. Cheers!

Good Idea. Also if we can't find new players just do four groups of 4.

Good Idea. Also if we can't find new players just do four groups of 4.

That's actually a great idea. If the four people don't confirm by midnight tomorrow, then we will only have 16 teams, so 4 groups of 4. This might actually be how the tournament is run in the future, so that might actually be nice. However, if only one of them does confirm, then I'd like to have 20. So it will either be 16 members or 20 that will be used in every FM-Base WC edition, only time will tell.

Can we possible use LFC Marshalls most recent update aswell as the players have been updated in CA/PA, minor attribute changes etc.

Everything else is all good for me... Cant wait to get started.

Also can someone point me in the direction of a thread that explains how to play versus online, never bothered with it before...
I'd rather we use the offical database. LFC Marshalls update is mint but it is skewed by opinion. The SI database is more reserved and balance I feel since there's no bias towards the huge players, or wonderkids.

I had planned on doing a guide after the draft was done.
Moral: 20
Rep: 10,000
is fine by me. I just want to see who uses their players better, variable moral at the beginning would unfairly screw the groups.

That's actually a great idea. If the four people don't confirm by midnight tomorrow, then we will only have 16 teams, so 4 groups of 4.

Can we still please seed the Quarter finals like the Heiniken Cup :p
I can manage that side of it if you don't want the extra hassle. I just think it's really exciting since it rewards doing well in the group stage as the strongest draws the weakest. It's an incentive to not barely scrape through and treat them as must wins to get valuable points.

Last edited:
I'm also working on a few Graphics behind the screens for us to use to make the thread look that little bit more fancy :p