Just to let people know, Brendn and I are playing this Monday night, with the winner confirming their spot in the next competition :)

Sporting Upset Tournament Favorites to Seal Semi-Final Berth

View attachment 221751
In a game that quickly got out of hand, PFC Sporting guaranteed themselves participation in the next edition of the FM-Base World Cup with a resounding 5-0 upset win against Brendn's Mendez Marauders. With early goals from Reus and Moura, and tidy finishes in the second half from the same pair as well as substitute Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Ozil's absence didn't seem to effect the team in their surprisingly dominant performance. It was simply a case of one team turning up and the other not having a good day, as almost everything seemed to flow in Sporting's way, from Messi being shut down to Iniesta having three perfect assists. Sporting will now have to look towards the other tournament favorites, Waka Waka in their semi final match up. All in all, a great game for Mkmillwall's side.

PFC Sporting MOTM: Andres Iniesta
Mendez Marauders MOTM: Lionel Messi
-----
Good game to Brendn, always a pleasure to play against you mate, although you really got the short end of the stick on this one. Kudos to the participation and sorry for the short post but really knackered now, but nevertheless we now move on to the semis of Craig vs Znik and Mkmillwall vs Jamie. Let's go FMBWC team!

Wow, what a result! Good to see my Jamie-MK betting double's come in though ;)

Last edited:
Me and MK have played our game, one of us will write up the match update soon, Who is in the final though?

View attachment 961311
Saved by the Bal
View attachment 221302
Wonder goal saves Waka Waka from dissappointment

Waka Waka are thorugh to the final of the FM Base World Cup as they beat PFC Sporting 5-4 on penalties in a nail biting clash.

View attachment 221301
The game actually started really slowly. With neither team having a chance in the first 10 minutes, and either didn't look like doing much. By 30 minutes there were couple of chances but again nothing too clear cut. Cristiano Ronaldo missing the best of them. It was a game as even as they come.

The teams went into half time goal-less, we really struggled to break them down, but we seemed comfortable enough in defence ourselves. I didn't feel the need to make a change yet.

60 minutes into the game a brilliant cross from Ozil was met by Daniel Sturridge, who scored a beautiful goal to make it 1-0 to Sporting. I thought I would give it 10 minutes to change things, but Ribery took a knock and wasnt 100% and at this stage we needed that. So on came Allen and Balotelli and off went Inler and Ribery, with Ronaldo shifting out wide and Mario in the middle.

We started pressing but missed chance after chance. It looked like it wasnt going to be our day. Sporting had a few good chances to double the lead too.

In the 89th minute Thiago nicked the ball off Alaba and rolled it to Balotelli. With his back turned to goal and on and angle, there didn't seem to be anything on.

1-1!

He thundered a shot in the top corner on the turn and took us to extra time.

This 30 minutes was tense, Balo scoring again but getting cancelled out by a Kosciellny equaliser, and many chances end to end but nothing went in. So we went to penalties.

It was 4-4 when Alaba stepped up, and missed, had to feel sorry for him as it was his mistake which led to Balotelli's equaliser too.

Wilshire scored the winning penalty as the crowd erupted and we make it to the final.

Good luck Craig and Znik :)

Brilliant game Mk, and thanks for setting this up for all of us!

Last edited:
View attachment 961311
Saved by the Bal
View attachment 961314
Wonder goal saves Waka Waka from dissappointment

Waka Waka are thorugh to the final of the FM Base World Cup as they beat PFC Sporting 5-4 on penalties in a nail biting clash.

View attachment 961315
The game actually started really slowly. With neither team having a chance in the first 10 minutes, and either didn't look like doing much. By 30 minutes there were couple of chances but again nothing too clear cut. Cristiano Ronaldo missing the best of them. It was a game as even as they come.

The teams went into half time goal-less, we really struggled to break them down, but we seemed comfortable enough in defence ourselves. I didn't feel the need to make a change yet.

60 minutes into the game a brilliant cross from Ozil was met by Daniel Sturridge, who scored a beautiful goal to make it 1-0 to Sporting. I thought I would give it 10 minutes to change things, but Ribery took a knock and wasnt 100% and at this stage we needed that. So on came Allen and Balotelli and off went Inler and Ribery, with Ronaldo shifting out wide and Mario in the middle.

We started pressing but missed chance after chance. It looked like it wasnt going to be our day. Sporting had a few good chances to double the lead too.

In the 89th minute Thiago nicked the ball off Alaba and rolled it to Balotelli. With his back turned to goal and on and angle, there didn't seem to be anything on.

1-1!

He thundered a shot in the top corner on the turn and took us to extra time.

This 30 minutes was tense, Balo scoring again but getting cancelled out by a Kosciellny equaliser, and many chances end to end but nothing went in. So we went to penalties.

It was 4-4 when Alaba stepped up, and missed, had to feel sorry for him as it was his mistake which led to Balotelli's equaliser too.

Wilshire scored the winning penalty as the crowd erupted and we make it to the final.

Good luck Craig and Znik :)

Brilliant game Mk, and thanks for setting this up for all of us!

You sir, were a worthy adversary. Congrats on making it to the final, especially after such a brilliant and tight game :) I'm just happy to have exceeded expectations and guaranteed my spot in the next tournament!

Sorry to double post, just announcing that there WILL be a third-place playoff for those wondering..

Awesome game guys! Hopefully i'll be able to seal the Group A final! Going to have to really pull it out the bag to do it though against Znik!

When will you be able to play Znik mate?