Like i said a few days ago, i'm off to Crete for 11 nights tomorrow, meaning i won't be back available to play until the Wednesday after next (i think), i hope this doesn't cause too many delays for people, and if it's too much of a problem, i'll happily forfeit my place back to Nomadic.

I'll have internet and a laptop though, so i'll definitely keep up to date with the other quarter finals either way!

Like i said a few days ago, i'm off to Crete for 11 nights tomorrow, meaning i won't be back available to play until the Wednesday after next (i think), i hope this doesn't cause too many delays for people, and if it's too much of a problem, i'll happily forfeit my place back to Nomadic.

I'll have internet and a laptop though, so i'll definitely keep up to date with the other quarter finals either way!

No worries mate you'll be fine! For Brendn if he is seeing this, I'm up for playing during the weekend mate :)

I've no problem at all with waiting until you're back for the Semi-finals to be honest.

No worries mate you'll be fine! For Brendn if he is seeing this, I'm up for playing during the weekend mate :)

I should be free all weekend too. Let me know a day and time and we get this underway :)

I've no problem at all with waiting until you're back for the Semi-finals to be honest.

I should be free all weekend too. Let me know a day and time and we get this underway :)

Perfect I'll contact you soon! When will the other two games be played?

View attachment 224318
Angry Burritos win in tight quarter final.
In a tight-faught affair, the Angry Burritos finally got the Wanyama's out of their pyjamases, as they came out on top thanks to a brace from Carlos Tevez.

The game was between two teams that had good group stages between them, and had played attractive attacking football. So, it was as expected when the game was exciting to watch for the spectators.

The game started off at a high pace, with both teams creating good chances. Pyjama-keeper Petr Cech denied Hulk early on with a good save, but his counterpart Manuel Neuer would do no worse, as he produced a fantastic diving save to prevent Ibrahimovic from giving Wanyamas in Pyjamas the lead.

As the game went on, Cech was the busier keeper, making several quality saves to keep the game even. But in the 22nd minute, he was finally beaten. Tevez was played in by Marcelo, and barely beat the offside trap. He coolly slotted the ball past the legs of Cech to give the Angry Burritos the lead.

The game went on, and Loic Remy grew more and more desperate to change the game. He did his best Neymar impression followed by his best Sergio Ramos-impression inside the box. Unfortunately for him, the ref had his glasses on, and nothing was given.
Late on in the 1st half, Candreva had two golden opportunities to increase the lead, but scoffed both horribly wide. He was replaced at half time.After some tactical tweaks, Wanyamas in Pyjamas looked fired up when they came out from the break, but less than 2 minutes later, Tevez had doubled his tally for the game.

Pirlo won a ball back in midfield, and played Srna clean through on the right side. His cross was met by a Di Canio'esque volley from Tevez, who left Cech with absolutely no chance.

The game died a bit after this, but in the 66th minute, Willian was given a golden opportunity to make this a pyjama-party. From 5 yards he was clean through, but shot straight at Neuer.

The Burritos tried to tighten up, and not much happened after this. Late on, Tevez had an opportunity to complete his hat-trick, but squandered the opportunity one-on-one with Cech.

In the end, an exciting game that was played in great spirits. All credit to Taskers, who was a really tough opponent, and could have gotten more from the game if his players had put away their chances.

Now for the Semis!

Last edited:
Unlucky Taskers, well played Znik, looking forward to the game mate!

Thanks Znik for the game. I'm afraid the game came down to who had the better defence. Your team was far more balanced and when your defence had ratings like they did I had no chance. You were certainly the deserved winner.
I never expected to get this far in the tournament to be honest and I don't think anybody gave me a chance really.
All I can say is you now have no choice but to win it all!! Good Luck, no pressure :p

Thanks Znik for the game. I'm afraid the game came down to who had the better defence. Your team was far more balanced and when your defence had ratings like they did I had no chance. You were certainly the deserved winner.
I never expected to get this far in the tournament to be honest and I don't think anybody gave me a chance really.
All I can say is you now have no choice but to win it all!! Good Luck, no pressure :p

Haha maybe next draft pick defenders? You did very well to get to this point, so congrats to you mate!

Thanks! I'll fight to the bitter end!

BTW: I bet AW190 is delighted at that display by Zuniga. He is his favourite player after all!

Looks like my holiday won't cause so many delays after all! I guess I can just think of it as an international training camp for my squad. ;)

Thanks! I'll fight to the bitter end!

BTW: I bet AW190 is delighted at that display by Zuniga. He is his favourite player after all!

Only just seen this, it was mixed in with all his other awful performances :p
Next time Taskers, don't pick him!