Sent you a message craig, add me on steam! (znikkers)

can't wait to see who I'm facing in the third place playoff and who I'm facing in the final as well

View attachment 221226
Callejon books place in the finals for Angry Burritos

In the much anticipated semi-final of the FM Base World Cup, there was no lack of drama, as a late goal sparked riots in the stands, forcing the game to be delayed by 10 minutes right at the end.

Two strong teams that have excited the fans throughout faced off as The Angry Burritos took on Carlisle City FC.

In many ways this would be a battle between two Serie A strikers, in Carlos Tevez, who has been vital for the Burritos in the tournament this far, and Gonzalo Higuain, who is yet to show his quality for Carlisle.

The crowd had barely found their seats after the kick-off, when Tevez struck first blood. He was slid in by Callejon and brilliantly turned Per Mertesacker. From 15 yards, he hammered a bullet-drive into the top corner, out of reach of Begovic in the Carlisle goal. 1-0 Burritos!

View attachment 221223
961477d1444469805t-football-manager-base-world-cup-2015-10-10_00002.jpg

As the game progressed, the Angry Burritos kept creating opportunities, but were denied again and again by a brilliant Begovic. Asamoah, Tevez and especially Hulk were left frustrated by the heroics of the enormous Bosnian.

And is so often the case in football, if a team keeps wasting their chances, they will be punished. After a Burritos corner, Carlisle countered in style, Danny and Cerci combined well, but it was a Marcelo slide tackle that played Higuain clean through. He went past Srna with ease and finished in style. Tevez 1 - 1 Higuain!

The game turned into an end-to-end battle after this, both teams creating chances. A Coutinho header (!!!) hit the bar, and Begovic kept having a good game. In the 63rd minute, there was a moment of big controversy. After a Carlisle free kick that was cleared, they regained possession, and a fine pass by Cerci played Jordi Alba clean through. He finished brilliantly with his right foot, and the Carlisle crowd went wild! However, the linesman was flagging, and the goal was disallowed. Replays showed that the linesman had made the correct decision.... by about 10cm.

The Burritos took the game to Carlisle after this, and Begovic was forced into action again and again. He produced an absolute world-class save to deny Asamoah.

The Burritos grew angrier and angrier as Begovic made a triple-save to deny Asamoah, Valero as well as Tevez. On the following corner, he was well beaten by a Callejon shot, but on the line, Lahm came to the rescue to keep the game level.

With the game edging towards extra time, it looked like noone would be able to make the breakthrough, but the man of the match, Jose Callejon had other thoughts. It took a lucky deflection to beat Begovic, but as Lavezzi hit the post after being played through by Valero, the ball fell kindly in front of goal, and Callejon was first to react, to smash the ball into the open net. 2-1 Burritos!

This sparked another controversial incident, as Burritos fans ran onto the pitch in celebration. The crowd were extatic and caused a delay of up to 10 minutes in the game. When the game resumed, both teams seemed exhausted, and were unable to do much. And as the added time passed, the referee had seen enough. He blew his whistle, which caused another pitch invasion. The Angry Burritos are through to the FM Base World Cup Final!!!

I'd like to thank CraigWL for a very enjoyable game. Despite our late frustration over the game freezing, spirits were high, and the game was a lot of fun. Credits to a very tough opponent, who could have won the game on another day, were it not for the eagle-eyed linesman!

Best of luck in the 3rd place playoff!

Last edited:
Bad luck Craig, so close to that all group A final!

Well done Znik, sets up a very interesting final, would love to be a fly on the wall for that one!

Well played again Znik mate, fully deserved that one, like i said, with the amount of shots you had it would have been ridiculous if i had stole a win. Looking forward to playing MK in the third place play off, and hopefully i'll be there to watch the final if it's being streamed! :)

Bad luck Craig, so close to that all group A final!

Well done Znik, sets up a very interesting final, would love to be a fly on the wall for that one!

Yea we should definitely see about it being streamed would love to watch!

We'll get that stream up and running!

Before the final, perhaps we could have an awards ceremony? As they do in the real cup. With the team of the tournament, game of the tournament, and player of the tournament?

I understand if this is difficult, but I think I can contribute stats of my team at least, so if the rest are able to do so (like who has scored the goals) it could be doable!

We'll get that stream up and running!

Before the final, perhaps we could have an awards ceremony? As they do in the real cup. With the team of the tournament, game of the tournament, and player of the tournament?

I understand if this is difficult, but I think I can contribute stats of my team at least, so if the rest are able to do so (like who has scored the goals) it could be doable!

I have already implemented an awards process for the second tournament; however, I think that for this one, it may be hard to do one for individual players on teams. Rather, I think if someone would like to set a straw poll for 1) Best player 2) Biggest Overachiever 3) Biggest Underachiever and 4) Game of the Tournament, it would be cool to see who wins what. Thoughts?

Have played them both & both are very similar in approach. Had more luck countering Znik but he tore me apart in the mean time, tough call.....

Gotta go with my group A partner though, Jamie in extra time!

Znik's got his team playing great and has been a real surprise packet throughout. I predicted Jamie to win it all at the start of the competition though and will stick with my initial pick.

In any event though both players should be proud of making the final - given the caliber of players here on FM Base it is quite an achievement!

I will also plump for Jamie as i have done for a good while, it's definitely one that could go either way though, both are excellent players!

A very interesting match up, but it being Jamie the only one who bested me I'll pick him to win. Znik, it's on you mate :)