I really hope Znik wins, then at least i can say i beat the winner in the groups! :p

So, me and Jamie will look to play the game shortly! If there is any interest in observing the game, please let us know!

Twitch

Check if this stream works!

EDIT: According to Lewie, it does! Will stream the game there shortly!

Last edited:
Watching now haha, this may be the first tournament where the final is after the third place playoff! Good luck to contestants, and let's see what happens!

We're having a bit of lag issues, so waiting to see if we can fix it. If not, we'll have to postpone, and play another day. That way, you can play the 3rd place final first at least :p

EDIT: And indeed, looks like we'll need more time to sort this out. We'll be back stronger on another day! At least I know I can get a stream up and running now!

Now for that 3rd place playoff..... ;)

Last edited:
We're having a bit of lag issues, so waiting to see if we can fix it. If not, we'll have to postpone, and play another day. That way, you can play the 3rd place final first at least :p

EDIT: And indeed, looks like we'll need more time to sort this out. We'll be back stronger on another day! At least I know I can get a stream up and running now!

I'll get in touch with Craig ASAP but the game will have to wait for this weekend as I'm swamped at the moment.

TOURE INSPIRES COMEBACK AS CARLISLE CITY BATTLE FOR BRONZE

View attachment 220049

Substitute Yaya Toure struck twice to win Carlisle City the game in a tightly contested third place play off match against a game PFC Sporting which went all the way to extra time.

The game started off slowly, as both teams battled for control, and it took until the 32nd minute for a real chance to be fashioned when Danny set up Hernanes on the edge of the box, but the Brazilian's volley was charged down by Andres Iniesta. PFC Sporting came forward themselves 5 minutes later, but Asmir Begovic was on hand to deny Daniel Sturridge at the near post after the England striker was set up by Jordi Alba.

The ball was eventually cleared for a throw in, which Alba delivered and found Marco Reus, who burst down the flank before cutting it back to Sturridge, who fired his shot past the despairing dive of Begovic into the far corner to give Sporting the lead.

View attachment 220048

Sporting took their lead into half time, but Carlisle City attacked straight from kick off, as Phillip Lahm slid a pass through to Alessio Cerci, whose powerful shot was acrobatically tipped wide by Diego Benaglio. The match went into another lull, which prompted City manager Lucock to make changes to his side, changing formation while bringing Yaya Toure and Dimitar Berbatov on for Lars Bender and Danny. The changes appeared to have paid off in the 69th minute, when Alba crossed in, allowing Toure to beat Iniesta in the air and nod the ball into the net to equalise.

View attachment 220047

The game went into extra time, and Carlisle's super subs came into play again just 3 minutes into the extra time period, when Berbatov slid a pass in to Higuain, who outran Koscielny before slamming the ball past Benaglio to make it 2-1.

View attachment 220046

The end drew closer and closer, which prompted PFC Sporting's manager to make some brave tactical decisions in an attempt to at least take the game to penalties. The risk didn't pay off however, as 5 minutes from time, Toure took the ball past Vertonghen before drilling a low shot into the net from the edge of the area to seal Carlisle City's 3rd place spot.

View attachment 220045

-----------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 220044View attachment 220043View attachment 220042View attachment 220041
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to MK for a great game, thoroughly enjoyed it, yet another game in this competition which could have gone either way, and i'm relieved that it swung in my favour in the end. Best of luck to Znik and Jamie, i'm sure you'll put on a **** of a final!​

Well done Craig, third place quite an achievement! Bad luck MK, sure you'll be back bigger & better next year.

Now for the main event!

Well done Craig, third place quite an achievement! Bad luck MK, sure you'll be back bigger & better next year.

Now for the main event!

Yea I'm really happy that from a relative unknown I created some real havoc this tournament. Of course, I have bigger aspirations now for next tournament!!! ;)

Yea I'm really happy that from a relative unknown I created some real havoc this tournament. Of course, I have bigger aspirations now for next tournament!!! ;)

I think we've both done ourselves proud!

Do you guys know when you will play the final?