FM Gripes/Questions - Slight Annoyances... Does this happen to you too?

• Thread starter Thread starter gji1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 4K
I agree with this, but the OP asked about big money. Transfers for much more than their value.

Its not very difficult to sell players for more than they are worth. Selling them for double their value or near their worth is a start. I follow that method and sell people even for more. But you cannot expect to take AI managers for too big a ride. Good players fetch high fees as in real life: eg bought ELKESON for 9m (instalments some) first season with Lyon. In Jan 2nd season he was valued 21m and sold him to Zenit for 47m.

Okay, not trying to be smart here but you wanna sell your players for more and buy others for less? See the problem here?

If you have a player that you are happy to sell, it means your demand in that player and that player's value to your club has reduced, therefore no club will pay more than his value. Alternatively, I've had players that I didn't wanna sell and when a big club asks for a price, I will quote them a ridiculous one in order to scare them away. Usually they withdraw the offer but sometimes they meet my asking value and I have a decision to make.

This is why you are experiencing clubs asking for 20m plus for a teenager. they basically don't wanna sell and are telling you to f*** off. Usually though if you want that player, you can meet in the middle.

Simply put, if you're trying to sell a player, you will usually only get the player value if lucky. if you're trying to buy and player from a club who don't wanna sell, you're gonna have to pay more.

Okay, not trying to be smart here but you wanna sell your players for more and buy others for less? See the problem here?

If you have a player that you are happy to sell, it means your demand in that player and that player's value to your club has reduced, therefore no club will pay more than his value. Alternatively, I've had players that I didn't wanna sell and when a big club asks for a price, I will quote them a ridiculous one in order to scare them away. Usually they withdraw the offer but sometimes they meet my asking value and I have a decision to make.

This is why you are experiencing clubs asking for 20m plus for a teenager. they basically don't wanna sell and are telling you to f*** off. Usually though if you want that player, you can meet in the middle.

Simply put, if you're trying to sell a player, you will usually only get the player value if lucky. if you're trying to buy and player from a club who don't wanna sell, you're gonna have to pay more.

I want to sell my established world class players in their prime for poor than their lowly transfer value, yes.

I want to buy 15 year old potentially world class players for less than astronomical fees. If I caved in to most demands I would be selling a world class player for less than I would be buying some of these regens I want.

It's ridiclous.

Its not very difficult to sell players for more than they are worth. Selling them for double their value or near their worth is a start. I follow that method and sell people even for more. But you cannot expect to take AI managers for too big a ride. Good players fetch high fees as in real life: eg bought ELKESON for 9m (instalments some) first season with Lyon. In Jan 2nd season he was valued 21m and sold him to Zenit for 47m.
So would you recommend (I'm in 2019) to load the Russian league, to try get richer clubs involved in bidding

Does loading a league even affect the AI clubs bidding or not?

Hey just read through this, I have read in quite a few places that the more leagues you have loaded the more bids you get. I have Russia loaded and they offer regularly for my players. Does anyone know if I can add a league 'view-only' whilst mid-way through a save? I cant find an option to do it on the add-league screen when your in a save, anyone know?

I want to sell my established world class players in their prime for poor than their lowly transfer value, yes.

I want to buy 15 year old potentially world class players for less than astronomical fees. If I caved in to most demands I would be selling a world class player for less than I would be buying some of these regens I want.

It's ridiclous.

Right i tried to be diplomatic in my last response but you are either totally missing (or choosing to ignore) the simple basis of supply and demand and the effect that has on the value of a commodity. Until you acknowledge this, you won't be satisfied with any of the answers here.

Right i tried to be diplomatic in my last response but you are either totally missing (or choosing to ignore) the simple basis of supply and demand and the effect that has on the value of a commodity. Until you acknowledge this, you won't be satisfied with any of the answers here.

I'm not an imbecile, I get supply and demand.

I get the concept that a club with a hot prospect are going to ask for a transfer fee exponentially more than their actual value.

That has to be within some reason though.

Also I get that I list up a player they will have to go for around the price they're worth. I just would expect there would be enough cash rich clubs in the game to want a player that would normally be unobtainable, instead of buying the dross they normally do.

I've sold harry kane for 60m, angel correa for 60m and several others off very consistent performances. You are more likely to sell the player if clubs are actually INTRESTED in them. Also your DoF stats should also be considered.

I've sold harry kane for 60m, angel correa for 60m and several others off very consistent performances. You are more likely to sell the player if clubs are actually INTRESTED in them. Also your DoF stats should also be considered.
Eriksen in my save is one of the world's best attacking midfielders and in his prime.

I want rid of him because he has a preference to play in La Liga.

Yet I didn't get an offer for him when I listed him up after a very productive season. I only asked for £10 million over his value.

Frustrating, I just don't know why but I don't get any offers for my players (which most people would probably be happy with) and the ones I do, which is rarely, are woeful offers for young squad players.

So for those saying don't list them up, I'm not attracting offers in the first place to consider or even counter offer

Guys you are being a little harsh, he does have a point. I think when you make an offer for a clubs top youth star than them negotiating something dumb like 30 million is basically telling you to f*ck off, they could just decline any offer within reason, or they could say you can have him for this dumb price. As for selling your big players in their prime, try and wait for clubs to become interested. If you are getting no offers then it is likely that big spending clubs like PSG and Man City have spent their money elsewhere or have their eye on someone else. If you wait for someone to come in, you will be able to get way more. I dont see why you want to sell your players in their prime? Keep them till they are about to hit 30 or even hit 30, then sell them on just before their value decline rapidly? Either way, you all have valid points. Although I did just sell my striker in my De Graafschap save who scored 30 goals in the Eredivisie despite his stats being bad, no one was actually interested but I offered him for 12 million (x3 his value) and 2 clubs came straight in for him. It depends on the situation, but you will not always be able to sell your player for the value he is actually worth, especially if you are talking about someone like Eriksen who I imagine you are trying to sell for 50 million +.

Guys you are being a little harsh, he does have a point. I think when you make an offer for a clubs top youth star than them negotiating something dumb like 30 million is basically telling you to f*ck off, they could just decline any offer within reason, or they could say you can have him for this dumb price. As for selling your big players in their prime, try and wait for clubs to become interested. If you are getting no offers then it is likely that big spending clubs like PSG and Man City have spent their money elsewhere or have their eye on someone else. If you wait for someone to come in, you will be able to get way more. I dont see why you want to sell your players in their prime? Keep them till they are about to hit 30 or even hit 30, then sell them on just before their value decline rapidly? Either way, you all have valid points. Although I did just sell my striker in my De Graafschap save who scored 30 goals in the Eredivisie despite his stats being bad, no one was actually interested but I offered him for 12 million (x3 his value) and 2 clubs came straight in for him. It depends on the situation, but you will not always be able to sell your player for the value he is actually worth, especially if you are talking about someone like Eriksen who I imagine you are trying to sell for 50 million +.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, he's 28 now and I like having a young squad... Developing and nurturing young talent etc. Makes it more of a challenge.

Just can't bring myself to sell him for £35-40 million, seems ridiculous.

Naaahh man I completely agree with OP. In all the saves i had since the game was released i've had countless below value for my players ...and i didn't put them on transfer list and they had a minimum asking price. It's not supply and demand, it's stuff the AI does all the time.
I do understand that it's a game but still it's something that bothers me . I'm not complaining that i don't sell players for twice their value . I just want the AI to make the offers including back and forth negociations so that at the end I don't sell the player well bellow his value. And the worst part is that they unsettle the players and you're stuck with a muttony in the squad.

So to all you captains out here who have an answer for everything just answer me this :

Here's a thing that happend to me a few saves ago.I was in BPL ....mid table team. Second Season. Some other mid table team comes in for one of my first team player in the winter transfer window. The player is not on TL . The offer is half his value containing installments . I decline. So far so good. Couple of days pass and they make an other bid . Still below value . I decline this one too and realize that they really want my player but they don't want to pay the money.I take a look in their squad and see a first team player on a different position that i want. His value is the same as the one of my player. I make an below par offer and they immediately respond with an double the value asking price...all the money at once. I then procede to make a trade player for player....equal value. The AI said no and wants me to pay money on top... 5 mil that is.

Answer me why is this happening considering that the players have both the same value , same age , they are regarded as first team players, reputation is the same and the only thing that's different is the position they play?

Thanks mate.

Yeah, he's 28 now and I like having a young squad... Developing and nurturing young talent etc. Makes it more of a challenge.

Just can't bring myself to sell him for £35-40 million, seems ridiculous.

I love playing FM that way too. Tbf look at it this way, at least 35 mil for a player who will be worth no more than 10 in a few years?

I love playing FM that way too. Tbf look at it this way, at least 35 mil for a player who will be worth no more than 10 in a few years?
Good point.

I would gladly except if like I said the AI clubs weren't spending ridiculous money (around the £35 million mark) on players in the same position and far inferior.

Just leaves a bitter taste.

Might just take it like you said though as it makes it more challenging.

Eriksen in my save is one of the world's best attacking midfielders and in his prime.

I want rid of him because he has a preference to play in La Liga.

Yet I didn't get an offer for him when I listed him up after a very productive season. I only asked for £10 million over his value.

Frustrating, I just don't know why but I don't get any offers for my players (which most people would probably be happy with) and the ones I do, which is rarely, are woeful offers for young squad players.

So for those saying don't list them up, I'm not attracting offers in the first place to consider or even counter offer
At least try and offer him out then. Transfer listing him should be your last resort.

You can't bring yourself to sell him for 35-40m and you listed him for 10m more than his value, so I'd guess you listed him for 50m? Do you not see the problem with that? Who would pay 50m for a transfer listed player? A player you don't want? He's world class now, yeah? So there would be 4 or 5 possible clubs he'd even consider going to. It would then depend on if they have the money as well and if he's playing in a position/role they require.

I found this helpful. When you offer a player out (offer to clubs choice or smth), then on the bottom there is a choice whether you want to transfer list him. Untick that. Sold one of my players for 25mil, he was worth 15mil. He wasn't in my first squad and when I played him, he played very poorly. Maybe that will help you.

Another gripe.

Seriously, when why do AI clubs reject your insane offers (no withstanding derbies with them or anything) yet you check up on the same player a month or so later and they've moved for a fraction of the price.

It's like the AI clubs are programmed to make it harder for us as a player, which gives the game an unrealistic feel

Another gripe.

Seriously, when why do AI clubs reject your insane offers (no withstanding derbies with them or anything) yet you check up on the same player a month or so later and they've moved for a fraction of the price.

It's like the AI clubs are programmed to make it harder for us as a player, which gives the game an unrealistic feel

Example of the above please. Also, relationships between managers can have an effect on how willing they are to trade with you.

I don't seem to have any problems selling players above their value. I'm in 2024 at Southampton and just sold Vietto valued at £5mil for £10mil. I don't ever transfer list players that I don't want anymore, I offer them to clubs. Once I get an offer back I just raise the price and see how far the other team is willing to go. If they pull out, I offer him to clubs again and often the same team comes back to me.

I do however find it harder to get players for their value quite a bit. However, I guess the opposing teams are just doing to me, what I'm doing to them. I get the odd great deal like Aboubakar for £1.5mil who was admittedly 32, but still has great attributes and no real injury history, but on the whole it's hard. Unsettling them doesn't seem to do a lot either.

Back