Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

FM Handheld Features & Screenshots

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
8,518
0
36
Fans of SI Games' legendary Football Manager™ series will be 'happy bunnies' this Easter as we can confirm the release of the platform-pioneering games Football Manager Handheld (Sony PSP™) and Football Manager 2006 (Microsoft Xbox 360™) ready for the holidays on 13 April 2006.

The games arrive in time to include all of the January transfer window signings, such as Patrice Evra to Manchester United and Antonio Cassano to Real Madrid, maintaining the level of detail and realism that is the hallmark of the series.

As well as including all of the features in the PC version, Football Manager 2006 on the Xbox 360 allows you to take your favourite team online with Xbox Live and compete in tournaments with up to 16 other players.

You can also gauge your progress as a manager using Xbox 360's new Gamerpoints system, which awards managers points for everything from signing your first player, to emulating Arsenal's 'Invincibles' achievement and going a whole season unbeaten.

Football Manager Handheld™ will allow PSP gamers to take the FM experience wherever they go, whether travelling by train, bus or car you can enjoy a whole world of football in the palm of your hand.

With a vast database of players and leagues to compete in, you can experience the pressure cooker world of football management. Rise through the ranks, reach the heady heights of the Premiership and try your luck in Europe in one of the biggest titles to hit the PSP this year.

Features for Football Manager Handheld™:

• Select an active league from 7 countries - England, France, Holland, Italy, Germany, Scotland and Spain -- with 19 playable divisions and 354 manageable teams.
• Accurate and up-to-date data from the world-renowned SI football database.
• Accurate European competitions and world rankings.
• Complete tactical options to allow a manager to influence a match.
• Accurate player histories.
• 36 possible players per squad.
• Realistic commentary style match engine and computer manager intelligence.
• Staff feedback on the current squad via coach and physio reports.
• Realistically simulated media involvement - including transfer rumours.
• Agent approaches and dressing room unrest.
• A full interactive transfer system simulating modern day negotiations, including player loans, signings etc.
• Realistically simulated world of football, giving information about transfers, results and injuries involving the big names in football.

FM Handheld Screenshots: here

BUY IT NOW FROM PLAY.COM FOR £29.99
 

Craven

The trequartista
Oct 4, 2005
1,763
0
0
That looks suprisingly good, i'm happy enough with the PC version but if I didn't have a PC and PSP was owned instead i'd definitely go out and buy it.
 

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
8,518
0
36
I'm going to buy it as I really need a game that I can play on the bus to college. I sometimes play GTA but it's a bit hard to do missions whilst the bus is bumping up and down, so I usually just go on a big police chase on a scooter :cool:
 

Craven

The trequartista
Oct 4, 2005
1,763
0
0
ugh, I can't play games or read on moving vehicles i'll throw up within minutes. It must be a long journey to college if you're needing to fill the gap with a game of GTA :eek:
 

Kris

Member
Sep 17, 2005
10,882
0
36
33
That alone would make me buy a psp and fm. Planes,trains bus's etc but i drive most places.
 

Boozad

Whiney ***** with Sissy Girl Sperm
Jan 28, 2006
1,681
0
0
44
Im getting a PSP seeing as my work takes me worldwide a lot of the time, and an 8 hour flight to Chicago would be a **** of a lot better with FM to pass the time!!
 

Boozad

Whiney ***** with Sissy Girl Sperm
Jan 28, 2006
1,681
0
0
44
just outta curiosity, what do you do, it sounds swish
Im a mechanical/electrical service engineer for a company which manufactures, installs and services flight simulators. Its pretty cool to be honest, Ive been to the States quite a lot, most of Europe and the Middle East, which wasnt so cool!!
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
yeah i'll definitely buy that, i've got a PSP and just playing PRO EVO all the time gets a bit boring.
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
yeah i cant see it being as good as on PC obviously but the idea of being able to play FM wherever i go is the main attraction for me
 

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
8,518
0
36
Craven said:
ugh, I can't play games or read on moving vehicles i'll throw up within minutes. It must be a long journey to college if you're needing to fill the gap with a game of GTA :eek:
My bus journey to college is usually about 10-15 mins one way. So plenty of time to have a quick play on GTA or watch a bit of Family Guy, American Dad, Scrubs etc.. :)

michael said:
yeah i'll definitely buy that, i've got a PSP and just playing PRO EVO all the time gets a bit boring.
Yeh I mainly play Pro Evo (when I'm at college). It's a good way to pass the time in my free lessons.
 

ANT101

Member
Mar 8, 2006
417
0
0
32
www.bebo.com
Sean said:
Yeh I mainly play Pro Evo (when I'm at college). It's a good way to pass the time in my free lessons.
I got PES for my PSP a few weeks ago. I think it was a big disappointment there was no commentary and no master league and it just didnt feel like PES
And a loved it on PS2:(

so i went out and got Fifa 06 it was much better
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
Yeh I mainly play Pro Evo (when I'm at college). It's a good way to pass the time in my free lessons.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah, pro evo is a really good game, but FM will bring a welcome change. I play on the PSP on the bus and with pro evo, you have to be looking at the screen all the time to play when the bus is rockin all over the place. FM will be better for the bus because you don't have to concentrate as much.
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
ANT101 said:
I got PES for my PSP a few weeks ago. I think it was a big disappointment there was no commentary and no master league and it just didnt feel like PES
And a loved it on PS2:(

so i went out and got Fifa 06 it was much better
I can see what you mean PES on PSP can be a bit one dimensional at first but i have got used to it and i really like it, when i played fifa i found it too slow and it is too hard to take on players.
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
Sean said:
Fans of SI Games' legendary Football Manager™ series will be 'happy bunnies' this Easter as we can confirm the release of the platform-pioneering games Football Manager Handheld (Sony PSP™) and Football Manager 2006 (Microsoft Xbox 360™) ready for the holidays on 13 April 2006.

The games arrive in time to include all of the January transfer window signings, such as Patrice Evra to Manchester United and Antonio Cassano to Real Madrid, maintaining the level of detail and realism that is the hallmark of the series.

As well as including all of the features in the PC version, Football Manager 2006 on the Xbox 360 allows you to take your favourite team online with Xbox Live and compete in tournaments with up to 16 other players.

You can also gauge your progress as a manager using Xbox 360's new Gamerpoints system, which awards managers points for everything from signing your first player, to emulating Arsenal's 'Invincibles' achievement and going a whole season unbeaten.

Football Manager Handheld™ will allow PSP gamers to take the FM experience wherever they go, whether travelling by train, bus or car you can enjoy a whole world of football in the palm of your hand.

With a vast database of players and leagues to compete in, you can experience the pressure cooker world of football management. Rise through the ranks, reach the heady heights of the Premiership and try your luck in Europe in one of the biggest titles to hit the PSP this year.

Features for Football Manager Handheld™:

• Select an active league from 7 countries - England, France, Holland, Italy, Germany, Scotland and Spain -- with 19 playable divisions and 354 manageable teams.
• Accurate and up-to-date data from the world-renowned SI football database.
• Accurate European competitions and world rankings.
• Complete tactical options to allow a manager to influence a match.
• Accurate player histories.
• 36 possible players per squad.
• Realistic commentary style match engine and computer manager intelligence.
• Staff feedback on the current squad via coach and physio reports.
• Realistically simulated media involvement - including transfer rumours.
• Agent approaches and dressing room unrest.
• A full interactive transfer system simulating modern day negotiations, including player loans, signings etc.
• Realistically simulated world of football, giving information about transfers, results and injuries involving the big names in football.

FM Handheld Screenshots: here

BUY IT NOW FROM PLAY.COM FOR £29.99
when playing a match, will there be a 2D pitch like on the PC
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
clackerbag said:
I think it's text only but might be mistaken.
i hope not. It just occured to me that there were no screenshots of a 2D pitch so you're probably right.
 

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 15, 2005
8,518
0
36
Yeh it is text only. The game is going to be a lot like CM 01/02 was I suspect.
 

michael

Member
Dec 24, 2005
104
0
0
i played on championship manager 2006 on PSP, the transfer side is good but the matches are ****, for instance i bought fernando torres for man utd and first game of season lost 1-0 to west brom at home, the matchplay is also unreaistic, really scrappy to watch, everyone just gives the ball away.
 
Top