FM-Ireland

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 5K
Guys please...
No need for the name calling or spam.
@Shay Given: I had previously looked up the costs. The rant thread has a porpouse, its to cut ranting and raving to one paticular section and not to have it widespread. As I mentioned, this is basically a beta so if a feature doesnt go down well it can be removed but im going to give it a chance. Im not going to criticise your points, I simply tried to explain my view on them. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

@LOL, no need for the stinging defence mate, if he wants to comment like that then he is free to do so. I wouldnt take any offence to what he has said especially since most other feedback has been positive. Also try to tone down on the swearing please. A reply like that usualy does more harm than good.

Any more off topic or abusive posts will be reported

Just get lost Shay Given and stop complaining, if you think your so good at it then show us, and set up your own forum, 'ay?
I said I was good at it? Ill just go and whip one up to suit you shall I? Go to bed little man.

@Shay Given: I had previously looked up the costs. The rant thread has a porpouse, its to cut ranting and raving to one paticular section and not to have it widespread. As I mentioned, this is basically a beta so if a feature doesnt go down well it can be removed but im going to give it a chance. Im not going to criticise your points, I simply tried to explain my view on them. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

You where asking about where to find cheap domain names 3 hours after you posted this thread, if you had looked up the costs before you would know where to find them.

Having a rant thread wont have stop ranting in other sections. 90% of the time people rant without realising so I doubt the will look for the right section to do so. You should be promoting a FM discussion section if the forum is designed for fm, not a rant room.

Constructive feedback.

1 - Very low target audience, i doubt many people who are not Irish will join. I doubt many Irish people will join also.

2 - That is a pretty horrid green skin.

3 - Chat bar will take a lot away from the discussion in the forums.

4 - Being bored isnt a good reason for setting up a fm forum. Probably one of the worst reasons I have heard.

5 - Your too power hungry, calm down.

That's some of the least constructive, constructive feedback I've ever seen.

Some people eh...
Ah well everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Anyway we have 10 members now so please feel free to sign up :)
Also still looking for a domain name as the cheapest I could find was around £20 for 2 years.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Scott* has signed up now. Hoping to get to 25 Members by tonight.

More sections have been added and a few topics have been started.
So please feel free to have a look around and if you like what you see, sign up :)

Some people eh...
Ah well everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Anyway we have 10 members now so please feel free to sign up :)
Also still looking for a domain name as the cheapest I could find was around £20 for 2 years.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Scott* has signed up now. Hoping to get to 25 Members by tonight.

More sections have been added and a few topics have been started.
So please feel free to have a look around and if you like what you see, sign up :)

Want some advice? Ban Scott*

Want some advice? Ban Scott*

Haha cheers for the advice Kris :P
Will keep an eye on him, all posts so far have been pleasant. Will give him a chance to change his ways. Did you check it out? Do you think the layout is good enough?

I have signed up mate, don't know how active I'll be

Cheers Jak, Its no prob... Not many people will be too active for the first while until the topics start piling up. What do you think of it so far?

Cheers Jak, Its no prob... Not many people will be too active for the first while until the topics start piling up. What do you think of it so far?

decent platform to build on. Will be interesting how it develops when people make suggestions and you come up with other ideas. I gave a suggestion for a fail name btw :P will definetly need a list of recently posted on topics along the side like on here though when/if you upgrade to a new domain

Haha cheers for the advice Kris :P
Will keep an eye on him, all posts so far have been pleasant. Will give him a chance to change his ways. Did you check it out? Do you think the layout is good enough?

It always starts out ok, then someone mentions Man U or Liverpool.

Layout is fine, can't fault it. Hate the green, very unsightly.

Very happy with the sight will sign up now, Also since I'm Irish I just had to sign up :)

That's some of the least constructive, constructive feedback I've ever seen.

4 - Telling him that his reasoning is bad. Should have a better reason for making a forum. Even if it isnt true.

5 - Im telling him to calm down and not just go make a forum due to him not getting to be a mod here.

More constructive your post and the majority of the posts on this thread.
The only people that have made suggestions to improve it are myself, Sid & Kris.

I've signed up, its nice to have an alternative, I'm sure the FM-Base owners arn't worried, I think this site is huge - and no offence, it won't grow this big. Keep up the hard work.

Constructive feedback.

1 - Very low target audience, i doubt many people who are not Irish will join. I doubt many Irish people will join also.

2 - That is a pretty horrid green skin.

3 - Chat bar will take a lot away from the discussion in the forums.

4 - Being bored isnt a good reason for setting up a fm forum. Probably one of the worst reasons I have heard.

5 - Your too power hungry, calm down.

Its good to have an alternative. And if you haven't got nothing good to say, don't say it at all.

Your not even a mod or admin, or even a 'Special' member, so you sir, is the one who should "calm down."

Guys please, theres no need to cause an argument. This site isnt going to be a rival to base, I set it up for to have a small close knit community that we can have a bit of banter on. Dont assume im going on a power trip or anything as most people on this forum know me to be a quite relaxed person. And if you ask any members who have signed up they will tell you im not making demands. I actively ask members if there are any features i should include and ask for their feedback to make the site better. There is a ban option but that wont be exercised unless in the case of gross misconduct.
Shay I dont see what your problem is, but quite frankly if you have a problem VM or PM ME and dont be winding up other members on this thread. Quite frankly the only issue people have is with the skin right now. Where as you are nit picking over evrything.

Yes I have gotten proper replies from Kris and Sid. They were constructive and optimistic. Whereas your comments could be seen as negative and detrimental. Cant see why people have to be so critical. I have gotten other feedback and like Kris and others said. They like the layout and find it easy to navigate.

Its good to have an alternative. And if you haven't got nothing good to say, don't say it at all.

Most websites actually want criticism, which then helps them improve but maybe I should just follow the trend and say "itz amazing"?
Your not even a mod or admin, or even a 'Special' member, so you sir, is the one who should "calm down."

LOL, Special member. Yea, I probably shouldnt post, im not special enough :(

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Guys please, theres no need to cause an argument. This site isnt going to be a rival to base, I set it up for to have a small close knit community that we can have a bit of banter on. Dont assume im going on a power trip or anything as most people on this forum know me to be a quite relaxed person. And if you ask any members who have signed up they will tell you im not making demands. I actively ask members if there are any features i should include and ask for their feedback to make the site better. There is a ban option but that wont be exercised unless in the case of gross misconduct.
Shay I dont see what your problem is, but quite frankly if you have a problem VM or PM ME and dont be winding up other members on this thread. Quite frankly the only issue people have is with the skin right now. Where as you are nit picking over evrything.
Im not referring to banning people etc. It just seems like you want to be the guy with a bit of power, when you where not getting power here you made your own forum.
I have no problem, im just giving my opinion on the forum, that is why you set up this thread?
Others are flaming me because I didnt say it was amazing.

Yes I have gotten proper replies from Kris and Sid. They were constructive and optimistic. Whereas your comments could be seen as negative and detrimental. Cant see why people have to be so critical. I have gotten other feedback and like Kris and others said. They like the layout and find it easy to navigate.
You have to accept both negative and positive feedback.

Most websites actually want criticism, which then helps them improve but maybe I should just follow the trend and say "itz amazing"?

LOL, Special member. Yea, I probably shouldnt post, im not special enough :(

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Im not referring to banning people etc. It just seems like you want to be the guy with a bit of power, when you where not getting power here you made your own forum.
I have no problem, im just giving my opinion on the forum, that is why you set up this thread?
Others are flaming me because I didnt say it was amazing.

You have to accept both negative and positive feedback.

No he needs constructive feedback. Random criticism isnt constructive. You said your piece, leave it at that.

Steve, important you tie into the release of FM12, ie lots of topics in and around it. Get the new screenshots involved etc. Once the demo is out, get helpful articles up. Your best audience will be the new players to the game, and as such important to cater to them

No he needs constructive feedback. Random criticism isnt constructive. You said your piece, leave it at that.
I told him the skin needs to be changed - He agrees and is thinking about changing it.
I told him the name needs to be changed - He agrees and is thinking about changing it.
I told him his reasoning for setting it up was silly - He disagrees.

After that I only replied to people quoting me.

Judging by shay given's reaction i thought it was going to be terrible but it's actually pretty good I like the layout and tbh the green skin isn't that bad either. I will say that if you were to make going to make this a pemanent thing changing the domain name would probably help increase traffic. Not going to sign up yet though I prefer to read other peoples opinions than post my own so I wouln't be contributing very much. Keep it going though.

More advice, Set up a Twitter/Facebook. Join the scene, spread the word & try to find something to offer people to sway them from other forums. Ditch the green, it's not nice to look at. Take your time & don't comit to a domain until you have financial backing via ad's etc.

Don't put yourself out of pocket.

Back