FM-Ireland

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 5K
I joined because of the name I'm not gonna lie but it seems good so far. As Kris as said if you want it to grow you should set up a twitter and Facebook. Also use some FM12 keywords aswell. Ask Sean for advice on that as i know he has done that before

4 - Telling him that his reasoning is bad. Should have a better reason for making a forum. Even if it isnt true.

5 - Im telling him to calm down and not just go make a forum due to him not getting to be a mod here.

More constructive your post and the majority of the posts on this thread.
The only people that have made suggestions to improve it are myself, Sid & Kris.

Telling someone they're power hungry and that their reasoning is bad is not constructive, unless you're a shrink who gives advice as to how not to be power hungry. We could have avoided this argument all together if you knew what "constructive" meant.

Telling someone they're power hungry and that their reasoning is bad is not constructive, unless you're a shrink who gives advice as to how not to be power hungry. We could have avoided this argument all together if you knew what "constructive" meant.

Of course I know what constructive means. Bottom line is my post was more constructive than yours yet you have jumped on me for not being constructive. Jog on.

Of course I know what constructive means. Bottom line is my post was more constructive than yours yet you have jumped on me for not being constructive. Jog on.

I'm sure you would be delighted to hear you were power hungry and the idea you made was stupid.

I joined because of the name I'm not gonna lie but it seems good so far. As Kris as said if you want it to grow you should set up a twitter and Facebook. Also use some FM12 keywords aswell. Ask Sean for advice on that as i know he has done that before

Cheers Brian I will ask Sean for any advice he has for me. Thanks mate :)

Suprised at the success we have had so far. Over 200 posts and 4,000 views. Once the issues with free pageviews have been sorted out I will plug the forum elsewhere and use social media platforms. :)
Thanks to all those that have signed up again :)

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Bump for more views :)

Last edited:
Looks decent enough and has some good activity already, but I probs won't join. I do wish you luck though. :)

Also, after much deliberation, and after seeing a number of different posts on different threads, I've come to the conclusion that Shay Given is just a total troll.

I do agree the skin ain't too nice. But once you get the site up and going, you'll soon remedy it.

Cheers mate, thanks for the kind words. Yes I have been editing the skin a little bit but still more to be done to it...such as centering it and getting the background to cover the entire page aswell.
It will probably take a few weeks to finalise the look but most important thing is that there has been activity on it :)

Tbh, the look doesn't matter as long as the actual site is solid. I'm sure there are bigger priorities than a skin.

Tbh, the look doesn't matter as long as the actual site is solid. I'm sure there are bigger priorities than a skin.
Yeah once we get a few more members a domain is the next thing on my priorities and then choose my own advertising before moving to a different server as the server is limited regards attachments and extra functions like a like button and showing a list of the most recent threads :)

The look does matter, it isnt the main priority but it will turn many people off joining.

The look does matter, it isnt the main priority but it will turn many people off joining.

I agree the look does matter but what is more important is that there is proper discussions going on and that it is well laid out and fairly simplistic to navigate. Theres no point having a nice looking page if there isnt a proper layout. Currently searching for a background that looks ok and will fill the full screen resolution while not being too detailed that it slows loading times.

Was just messing about with PS and may have a potential new skin. http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/SteveM1988/FMIreland.png

I agree the look does matter but what is more important is that there is proper discussions going on and that it is well laid out and fairly simplistic to navigate. Theres no point having a nice looking page if there isnt a proper layout. Currently searching for a background that looks ok and will fill the full screen resolution while not being too detailed that it slows loading times.

Was just messing about with PS and may have a potential new skin. http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n583/SteveM1988/FMIreland.png

i like the new skin but shouldnt' the categories and writing change to a blue?

i like the new skin but shouldnt' the categories and writing change to a blue?

I changed the heading to a blue colour over the black and it looks good. Still not finalised, may incorporate some red in the skin afterwards if that is to be the main colour of the FM12 packaging.

Glad to see the story section getting off to a good start. Especially the likes of Danny(I7IDanny on here) and his WBA story :)

Last edited:
Steve ,I would like to be an official partner in FM Ireland .It would be great our sites to be affiliated :)

I am ready to help you in any way that you wish :)

Hizvonimir_boban, I would consider affiliation but not until we have our own site up and running fully. We still havnt fully decided on a new name and are waiting to do so to get a logo, domain and finalise a skin. It is something I will consider once the site goes large.
Out of interest what forum software do you use?

Looking for name change suggestions before I purchase a domain. All suggestions welcome

After all the goings on and intrest fizzeled out we have decided to start afesh with a new site. This is a FM site first and foremost but there will be a large focus also on real world football and general discussion. The new website is a joint project between myself and I7IDanny. The site has been in development for little while now. I shall pm all members of FM Ireland and invite them to sign up to the new forum.

We are currently in development but should you wish to be updated when the site goes live please join our official facebook page. The site is fully expected to be live by 30-1-2012. The facebook page can be located here: The Directors Box | Facebook

FM-Ireland has been disbanded due to lack of support for it. We have relocated to a new website and forum host. The new forum is much more accessible and we shall begin promoting it tomorrow once the last of the work is finalised. Click on my sig for more details :)

Back