MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Hello guys,

yesterday I purchased fm13 and installed it on to a laptop I have recently had wiped clean. The installation of the game itself and steam went well without any problems but that's where my luck runs out. I launch the game via steam but it fails to launch. I have left my laptop for an hour at a time without the game loading. If I attempt to launch the game again, an error message appears saying "failed to start game (app already running)". I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a number of times without any success of solving this matter.

Hopefully someone on here has had the same problems that I have am having so any help/advice would be helpful.

Thanks

MisterStubbs

What are the specs of your laptop? What OS are you running?

That's a blood good question, one to which I wouldn't know the answer. If it helps I have had fm10, fm11 and fm12 run from this laptop before I got it wiped clean and the latest windows installed on it. How can I find out what specs etc?

Depending on what windows you are on, you need to 'run' or 'search' for: dxdiag

Then post on here what it says.

I'm running from Windows7 I believe if that helps? How do I run or search?

Press the windows button in the bottom left, then there should be a search box. Type it in there.

Also, have you deleted the settings and verified the cahce?

the dxdiag says there is no problems found, also I wouldn't have a clue how to delete setting and verify anything so no I haven't, should I?

Steam > Right Click Football Manager 2013 > Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Try doing that first.

I have attempted to do what you said over an hour ago now but it still on 0%, could it be a steam fault?

Right I've uninstalled and installed both and the "verify integrity of game cache" is now working and nearly finished, should that be that or is there anything else I should have to do?

I've tried the above, I've uninstalled both the game and steam a number of times to no effect so god knows what's wrong with it, can't think of anything other to do.

I had the same issue but nobody replied to me, luckily I know now how to fix it and it's pretty simple. Just delete the '.blob' files from your steam folder, then click on Steam and it will do an update. After that, you then need to Verify Integrity of Game Cache, it will work then, but make sure you verify it twice just to make sure.

Is there anything I could be missing which leads to the game not launching? for example I have just installed a validity fingerpoint sensor which my laptop kept telling me I was missing...

Deleted the blob files, however steam didn't do an update. Then verified game cache twice and i'm still presented with the same problem. Any other suggestions?