• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 60K

cragswfc

Reaction score
This is not my tactic. I'm posting it with permission from Fuss from
SiGames.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FM12.2.2] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStidious V3 || 4-4-2 • • •
fastidious = 1. very critical; hard to please 2. excessively particular about details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE - 23.05.2012:

• V3 FINAL is out!
• Props to Dave (Mr_Hough), he inspired me to try playing with a lower defensive line rather than my usual stubborn high line, and it's working well. Thanks chap.

V3 FINAL:

FuSStidious V3 FINAL.tac

V2:
FuSStidious V2.0 (man_mc).tac

• V2 OVERVIEW:

Built on FuSStidious V1, now utilising a high pressure defence that Mr Hough and I have been discussing, uses a high defensive line allowing me to place the former DMC's in MC position. To better balance the tactic I've dropped the wingers to MR/ML, resulting in a highly successful flat 442.

The play tends to build up slowly, dominating the game. It's all about creative freedom of movement by the wide and front men, fed by through balls and a simple passing game built from the back. It's plays like a classic 442.

• V3 GUIDE:

• FC's - Fast Strikers: Similar to the previous tactic, except now there's two! Look for lots of physical stats, particularly acceleration & speed.

• ML/R - Wingers: All round wide-men are good here, they'll be a mix of cutting in and crosses. The most important stats are once again the physical stats, so look for pace, acceleration & dribbling - somebody that can finish given the chance is a bonus.

• MC's - Support: These guys are supportive midfielders, look for typical CM's here. Strong types that 'boss the park' would be ideal, think Huddleston and Palacios for Spurs last year. They'll hang back and play a defensive game most of the time, but a lot of assists and killer passes will arrive from here.

• FB's - Defend: These have been given more defensive instructions, although will still go forward to help setup attacks. Looks for defensive stats first, then physcial, then crossing/dribbling/passing.

• CB's - Defend: Typical centre-backs there to defend the goalkeeper. FM12 strongly favours physical and fast centre-backs, the likes of John Terry sadly don't cut it any more.

• GK - The usual: Handling, reflexes, command of area - one-on-ones is particularly important as this tactic uses a high defensive line so the occasional fast player may get through.

Player filters

All you do is download the filters and put them in Documents/Sports Interactive/FM12/Filters and then go to Filters in your game and load them in, If you don't have a Filter Folder in your FM12 File create one.

http://www.multiupload.co.uk/W4IX2MNZE4

NOTES - TEAM TALK:
• Simple but effective 'rule of thumb' here: Sports Interactive Community

NOTES -PITCH SIZE:
• Use what ever you think your team needs.

NOTES - OI's:
• I don't use them.

NOTES - MATCH PREP:
• FIRST, set as 'Very High' and use 'Defensive Positioning' until your team is familiar with the tactic.
• WHEN FAMILIAR, set to 'Medium' and continue to use 'Defensive Positioning'.

NOTES - TRAINING:
• I'm very happy to recommend Furious V2 for training, if you're willing to put the effort in and use it properly, it's very effective: Sports Interactive Community

NOTES - KEY POINT:
• It's important to remember that sometimes you can be tactically spot on and still lose. Perhaps a defender made a mistake (that's not the tactics fault, it's defender error), perhaps the opposition striker is having a stormer (that's not the tactics fault, that 30-yarder was unstoppable). Football is a game of chance, and sometimes you lose one for no reason....the trick is turning it around asap so not to disrupt your form and lead to a downward spiral.

I want YOUR screenshots - You'll find the users gallery below, my screenshots are all already over the thread, it's much better when you guys prove it works!

In game just press ALT+F9 and a screenshot will stored in 'C:\Users\****\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\screenshots'

Easy!

Follow me on "dafuge's FM12 challenge" - and give it a go yourself!

I'll be taking non-league FC United to the Champions League trophy, I've started on page 33 and will be posting updates at the end of every season.

dafuge's FM12 challenge - Page 33

USERS GALLERY 1:

j3nick:
barivvicenzainformation.png

hamsterm:
FNtXW.png

mato997:
0PStc.jpg

crag:
ArVG2nGCQAIhWbF.png:large

USERS GALLERY 2:

Wes_Coulam:
leaguec.png

sg.aramis:
fm2012t.png

cragswfc:
sheffieldwednesdayfixtu.png

:
1332686935.png

USERS GALLERY 3:

Thanks to 'carl stanny' for:
NapoliStats.png

Thanks to 'Spikester' for:
charltonvqprinformation.jpg

Thanks to Arron52 for:
MlagavManUtdInformation_Overview.png

Thanks to babapi for:
cBPoa.jpg

Thanks to j3nick for:
npowerfootballleaguetwo.png

Last edited:
some very, very nice results there mate :) will give this a look see :P

which version got the Barca result?
The barca result was FuSStidious V2.0.tac before v2 MC/MAN was realised

I just use FuSStidious V2.0 = FuSStidious V2.0.tac & Tweaked Version By Wes_Coulam & myself i never use the V2 - MC/MAN

The results are bit...suspect. Do you have a screenshot of the tactic itself? I am going to assume it's the classic engine and not the modern one.

made a few (quite a few) tweaks of my own, Fuss does make decent tactics as well! only realised you were posting it!

both away games using this tactic (with my tweaks)

View attachment 242979View attachment 242980

The strikers instructions were a little strange, asking them to RUN WITH BALL always and RUN FROM DEEP always while asking them to hold up the ball, the fullbacks were tweaked as well as the wingers and the central mids! crossing from the byline is a very good tactical addition for poacher type strikers (crossing sometimes) that has been put in, its one of my things!

Nice football all in all, it is a classic tactic though, some people may not like it, however, its easier to make a classic tactic than the newer one :)

made a few (quite a few) tweaks of my own, Fuss does make decent tactics as well! only realised you were posting it!

The strikers instructions were a little strange, asking them to RUN WITH BALL always and RUN FROM DEEP always while asking them to hold up the ball, the fullbacks were tweaked as well as the wingers and the central mids! crossing from the byline is a very good tactical addition for poacher type strikers (crossing sometimes) that has been put in, its one of my things!

Nice football all in all, it is a classic tactic though, some people may not like it, however, its easier to make a classic tactic than the newer one :)
Hi raikon could you post your tweeked version for me to give a blast please mate if ya dont mind?

I'm bored, might as well see if I can glitch my way to the Premier League title with somebody rubbish. :)

The results are bit...suspect. Do you have a screenshot of the tactic itself? I am going to assume it's the classic engine and not the modern one.

Of course it is.

I'm bored, might as well see if I can glitch my way to the Premier League title with somebody rubbish. :)

lol :) its the same settings as that Swansea first season treble tactic that used most of (some other guys tactic to make it his own)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...a-treble-first-season-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a.html

It uses the short passing and NO freedom settings which is a bit of a glitch if you ask me! These classic tactics are too easy these days....

Just played this EPL game vs newly promoted Cardiff at home with my version!

View attachment 242983View attachment 242984

this thread is not for my tactics :) its for Craig and Fuss ;)

lets keep on topic, cheers

I mentioned that Here. But later on in his thread he said al though it does get you more goals it makes the tactic more unbalanced

Last edited:
I can never ever log into SI, have tried for years.. never ever works for me! such BS :)

you mean the strikers settings?

I can never ever log into SI, have tried for years.. never ever works for me! such BS :)

you mean the strikers settings?

Yes i unitcik roam and hold up ball.
My strikers do better but on the hold out i leave them on as i fell it help the team as you dont want them to give away the ball too easy

Back