Alright, well I simply don't know how to update the database after I make my changes. Is it possible at a game that's currently running (I assume that's an obvious yes, but I'm new to the whole thing so I miss obvious stuff often).
You must start a new game, for a custom database to be loaded.
When you press Start New Game and the pop-up box appears, tick the change box in the bottom right hand corner like shown: f4e0bca561e4c2f7e6530d579c46236c.png

Cheers, its too bad that has to be the case. Just a lesson for a new player I guess :)

How do I create a new tournament like the County Cup? With just teams from a certain county? Like the Hillier Cup?

Mine does not work! When I load it up it goes all glichly and has a green stripey background?? Could anyone help me?

Mine does not work! When I load it up it goes all glichly and has a green stripey background?? Could anyone help me?
You may have to re-install. Does your PC meet the minimum requirements to run FM?

I Am very frustrated with this editor. So much more confusing than the FM 2010 version.

How come when I load a .dbc file from some forum, i simply cannot edit anything?!?

I've been trying to abolish the Champions League and the Europa League and instead implement a single European Tournament.

I think I have managed to sort out seeding and nations, as well as stages and knockouts.
But whenever I load the game with the db changes the competition is nowhere to be found.

Has anyone attempted doing this and if so how did you manage to do it?

(I deleted the CL and EL, but the game still doesn't show me the new competition)
(custom continental rules seem to be valid)

Hi,
I downloaded the editor and the resource archiver and then did some changes in the editor and saved it as...
then i started a new game and ticked the box to play with changes but nothing happened and when i ticked the box the new file doesn't appeared.
Please advice
thanks,
Hamad

Hi,
I downloaded the editor and the resource archiver and then did some changes in the editor and saved it as...
then i started a new game and ticked the box to play with changes but nothing happened and when i ticked the box the new file doesn't appeared.
Please advice
thanks,
Hamad
Go to: My Documents//Sports Interactive//Football Manager 2012//Editor Data

Is your file in there? If not, your changes weren't saved properly and you'll need to re-do them

I have a problem, I re downloaded fm 2012 from steam after leaving school on study leave since I now have more time on my hands but when I try to load up the 12.0.2 database on, the loading bar reaches approx. 90% and then stops loading. Has anyone got any ideas? I had expanded the MLS to 32 teams like the NFL and I want to do that again.

yeh....how to make cntntal rules...like uefa cl and uefa el....and uefa supercup???