I was wondering how you edit the number of relegated/promoted teams from a domestic league eg. Blue Square North. I've tried everything but it won't allow me to untick the box. It's all greyed out.​

nvm about what i just asked, its fixed now. a new problem im having tho is my created player has decided to quit international football for the second time because roy didnt pick him, even tho he's 17 and has never played an international match in his life. :?

ahh ive tried everything i can think of, ive even modelled him around someone of similar age and situation, just made the stats and abilities his own, but it still says, under general happiness, that he is looking forward to returning to the international side after being coaxed out of international retirement. HE'S 17??? then at the beginning of august i get 2 messages saying the same thing, that he quits the international stage (again), after he wasnt picked.

cant think what to do, help would be much appreciated... just want him to be a regular 17 year old player, starting off in the england youths and eventually making the first team. so annoying.

just manually took over the under 19's squad and put him their but still a problem, guess ill have to manually put him in the first team, which isnt very realistic at all...

Last edited:
all teams at the end of season move dfferent divisions

Hi
i seem to have an issue where at the end of the season all teams from certain divisions all move to divisions all over the place not just promoted and relegated teams?

regards

paul

hi
is there a way to bring back any player that is deleted from the editor?

Hi guys

I have edited my database via the data editor whereupon I've created new nation rules and new leagues etc...and started a game which works perfectly fine. Now, a friend of mine wants this same league on his FM12 game. I've noticed on this site that the custom database files are .dbc files. My editor produces 2 editor data files which are .bak and .xml files, not .dbc file. How would I go about doing getting this custom database on his computer? Would I have to transfer both the .bak and .xml editor data files to his computer and put in the FM folder? Do we both need to have the same version of FM12 (meaning same patches)? Or is there something else I need do?

If this has already been answered, can you please kindly link me to it? Thanks

Ignore the .bak file as it's just a backup of your league.
Copy over the .xml file to your friend and just use that, no need to create a .dbc.
The reason you see .dbc files is because they are compressed therefore easier to store online and download compared to the larger file of an .xml
Both hold a database just one is compressed

sorry if this has been asked already but i made a new player who with 200 PA and 157 CA, he plays for southend. basically i gave him pretty awesome stats but when i start the new game it lowers all the stats down to average ones, far lower than i had put and his current ability will stay at 3 1/2 stars, as well as him staying a CAM (i changed him to ST when i edited the database again). i dont get it... how can i get him the stats i want?

You need to increase his CA then.
The game will adjust his ratings to reflect the CA. You will need to adjust his stats lower to relfect his CA or increase that and he will be able to have better stats. It might be easier to just clone a player you want to model him after then edit that player into how you want him, keeping the stats mostly the same.
No matter what you do he can't be all 20's so be aware of that to.

Hey guys,
sorry if this has already been asked or if this is a stupid question but
is there a way I could have a world super league database with the best 40 teams in the world in 4 groups of 10 with continual promotion/relegation but then all the players within the database start off as free agents and all the teams in my super league have the same wage + transfer budget and equal reputation?

Would love it if anyone could help,
Cheers

Hey guys,
sorry if this has already been asked or if this is a stupid question but
is there a way I could have a world super league database with the best 40 teams in the world in 4 groups of 10 with continual promotion/relegation but then all the players within the database start off as free agents and all the teams in my super league have the same wage + transfer budget and equal reputation?

Would love it if anyone could help,
Cheers
It is possible. Your best option is to find a free agents database to download and then edit the league structure, budgets etc from that database.

It is possible. Your best option is to find a free agents database to download and then edit the league structure, budgets etc from that database.

Ok cheers, is there anywhere I can get help creating this type of league structure? because I've tried and its been a bit difficult for me

I have played FM for a while now but I have never used the editor.
I want to give Aston Villa a rich owner, how do I do that ?
Also is there a way to say exactly how rich he is ?
I mean, can I make him as rich as the owners of Man C or the owners of Liverpool or whatever.
Thanks in advance

Ok cheers, is there anywhere I can get help creating this type of league structure? because I've tried and its been a bit difficult for me
I would suggest creating a new thread. It shouldn't be too hard to do once you find a free agents DB to download.

Is there a users guide for using the "Next Season" section of the editor? I'm obviously looking to set things up so Rangers go in to Division 3 for 12/13 etc.

I created a new league called World League of Clubs and World League of Clubs Elite. I have try playing it but it's not showing up for some reason. Help plz.

I'm trying to create a new league set up for Scotland. I created new nation rules and added the Premier League, First Division and Second Division (adding more teams to each) set up a new Fourth Division to use alongside the Third Division with 4 Sub-Divisions at each of these tiers.
When I go to test nation rules however it comes up with the message 'Could not find any rules for competition Scottish Juniors North Premier' which is an existing Junior league that isn't available to add as a division. I've tried switching the leagues nationality, changing the name, making it extinct and even deleted it on one editor save and still it doesn't solve the problem.
If anyone knows a solution I'd be extremely grateful!!

Hi, does anyone know how to edit the league names? I have downloaded logos for all nations/competitions/teams but I still want the league names changed, i.e Barclays Premier League

I was wondering if there was a way to delete ALL the players in the game, I can't find a way but thats probably because I'm a complete editing noob...

is there any way to make league of 16 teams (top divison) have 12 teams and then next year to have 10 teams (3 teams go to second divison and 1 promoted)?

i would like to see if there is a way to put in wage limits into the game,

for example

so no one could earn more than 50k and younger players cannot earn more than 1k per week.

is there any way to make league of 16 teams (top divison) have 12 teams and then next year to have 10 teams (3 teams go to second divison and 1 promoted)?
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but you must have the same number of teams in a division each season.

i would like to see if there is a way to put in wage limits into the game,

for example

so no one could earn more than 50k and younger players cannot earn more than 1k per week.
I don't think so, it's based on reputation and wage budget.

Hi.

I'm trying to move South China Athletic Assoc. to the Chinese Super League. I removed Shenzhen from China, added South China, and added a team to Hong Kong to make up numbers (Happy Valley).

When I try to start my game, China is not playable. I get a yellow ! triangle.

Any suggestions?