Raikan007

Reaction score
So I was thinking a few days ago, a lot of people cannot believe how I can get such good prices for my players and get good players etc..

It is pretty easy but I wanted to start a thread to discuss/comment/debate on members signings for their team, if they overpaid, got a good bargain and to see exactly how they operate in the windows...

I will start with my Spurs save (I always start as United when I get the game and play 4 season, get bored and then play Spurs, until the latest patch is released sometime around Feb/March, then I start playing properly with smaller teams etc etc..)

Start of game including winter window: (1st season)

View attachment 305504

United were sniffing around Huddlestone so I decided to offer a straight swap for Smalling and they accepted.. great deal for me as I rate Smalling and needed a HG CB/RB

Hummels was either going to Gunners/Chelsea/United and did not want them to get him, I was finished with all of my dealings until I offered for him to despite the others and he opted to join me.. He made many mistakes in the first half of the season but ended up having a great 2nd half..

Second season:

View attachment 305505

The main transfer you can't see is a £20m purchase of Lennon from Liverpool, all over 48 months which I used to offer a 48 month deal for unhappy Ayew for his release clause..

Pastore was offered to me for £13m and I decided that he would be a good fit in my new AMC type tactic.. I had to sell Anderson to raise the money for it but as you can see I broke pretty much even

United signed Neymar/Belhanda, City signed Badstuber/Bonucci, Chelsea signed Thiago/Tasci and I decided I needed a big name signing to show them that we are not to be messed with..

Falcao (who I have never actually managed before) opted to join me.. I had to sell Adebayor (who was good last season and Defoe who was good when he played) to raise the funds but well worth it, Falcao scored 2 on his debut against Chelsea in a 4:1 win in the Community Shield a few minutes ago..

So, comments, feedback etc.. would like to hear what you think, ask how certain players are doing etc..

Feel free to post your teams and I will have my say as well

Just about to start my 5th season at Liverpool and have never had a 'top' player, especially a striker as Lewandowski and Suarez were good but not brilliant...and none of the top players were seemingly interested, but I thought I'd try for messi (just turned 29), so £70 million up front and £60 million over 4 years later he is now a Liverpool player...only fake money I suppose! :)

How did you get Pastore for £13m (i know he was offered but was he unhappy or something?) he is so good on this game!

To be honest, I think the price you purchase players for are generally not amazing, it is the prices you manage to receive for players! I try offering players out on 48 month deals, but I rarely get a decent price for them, and I then have to remember how much I am being paid so I can use it to bring players in using that money! :/

It's always interesting to know what over people purchase/recieve for players. I started with a Tottenham save too, just started the 2nd season and managed to get Neymar for £37m. He is on £140,000 a week though as he was not that interested in coming to me. The reason I got him that price was because he'd handed in a transfer request. I also managed to get Hummels in for £23m again because he'd handed in a transfer request in January. I tell you it's all about unsettling players.

Because I needed money however, I ended up selling some players I didn't need for not much money. I sold Defoe for £5m and Dawson for £4m. On the flip side as soon as a player is wanted who I don't need I try and sell them for mega bucks. Adebayor I sold for £24m which isn't bad for a 29 yr old! And Huddleston I got £19m for...seems Man Utd had more money than sense!

It's somewhat off topic because it was FM11, but in my second ever year of playing FM I picked up Iago Aspas from Celta Reserves for £75k. IRL he's now being talked of as a potential £8m transfer for Swansea or someone. He was underrated on FM11 but he still pretty much won the Championship single-handed.

That wasn't my best transfer though, that goes to Graham Carey who I got from one of those Scottish sides beginning with St for £10k. One of my most consistent performers every single season, from the Championship to the Premier League.

Since then I've had loads of great transfers, including promising players for £8-£15m that became world-class, but for me Aspas and Carey are still the best transfers I've ever made in terms of impact and value. Just to show that it's not all about the big names.

Can't remember all the "spectacular" transfers I've made, but since I ALWAYS play at least a couple of seasons with Real Madrid the best transfer might be from that save.

Have played to March, first season, in my latest save with Real Madrid. And in that save I've managade to persuade the unsettled Radamel Falcao to join me from Atletico Madrid in an £32,5 million transfer. Thats even less money than what Atletico purchase him from Porto for. Knowing the relations between the two clubs I thought it would be impossible to persuade him. But after "sweet talking" him and bidding now and then for him(After he had declared he wanted to leave Atletico). I managed to get a bid accepted for £32,5 million. At first they were asking for about £52 million, his release clause. But after he got himself transferlisted I got him for "only" £32,5 million. Will be joining in the summer. But his current season 31 matches and 35 goals (all competitions) leaves me wondering whether or not I've made my best deal ever.

But you also got your young talents that you manage to snap up for just a couple of millions.

My best transfer was just before the 2015/16 season, on my Villa save, when I noticed Raheem Sterling had been given a free transfer by Liverpool. Snapped him up in a heartbeat and he's been ace for me ever since, now worth something like ten million quid.

I, like you Raikan always do well in negotiating my players that i'm selling - if its a player i know from the offset of the 1st season who i want to sell i don't usually do as well price wise compared to the second season etc, any players that are surplus to reqirements i play in the FA and carling cups - it keeps interest in the players as well as rotating my squad then at the end of season one i offer out to clubs and get really good prices normally,
end of season 1 with spurs sold Adebayor to AC Milan for 28m, which paid for the cheaper Luke De Yong
sold Defoe for 8mil
Sold dempsey for 16mil which i was astonished by.
for the younger reserve players - at least 3 mil each

as for buying players with the exception of Luke yong (needed a quality striker) i've never splashed more than 10mil,
i was able to swap lennon for R Sterling at liverpool who i rate highly, that has to be my transfer best, although i'm trying to negotiate with MANU for Jones - really unsettling the player certainly helps - has now handed a transfer request

i love selling average(about 3 stars potential) regens ,that i got for free or under 1 mil, for 7.5-10 mil.
usually i don't like to pay over 15-20mil but i did overpaid a few times on my lfc save(falcao 60, javi martinez 40, muniain 40, mvilla 40, hulk 55) but that's because i had money and didn't want to make my team weaker then before and there were no quality players avaible(transfer listed).

It's a bit hit and for me. I managed to get 45 mil pounds for Kagawa (who was rated about 14 mil and having a very average season) yet I could only get 29 mil out of Nani who was rated at 20 mil and having a decent season!

I had an opportunity I couldn't turn down, I managed to sign Aguero for 13 million from Man City as he wanted European football and they had finished 9th last season. He's started banging them in plus the board aren't "too" fussed so I'm happy and so are the fans.. Oh and I'm Man Utd hahaha

My £130 million messi purchase was going well, 18 goals in 15 games...then the obligatory torn hamstring and out for 3 months...fake money up in flames...:)

I'm liverpool now in my 3rd season Premier League both years (1st year two games to spare, luckily because i had second place as the next game but had won it by then, and 2nd year down to the wire) champions league last year.

First season
View attachment 305909

Was a good year transfer wise made a profit whilst strengthening my team.
Leonard Kweuke for 3.2million and he scored 32 goals in 31 apperences in the first year (all comps) and 13 goals in 18 apperences year two (blighted by injury) i sold him in my third season for 10 million.
Nathen Redmond and been phenominal 31 apperences 11 goals and 17 assists year one and 37 apperences 6 goals and 25 assists year 2 all for 5 million (still with me now)

Second Season
View attachment 305910

Made a big lose this year but in my opinion i did well to get what i did.
Lots of youngsters to help me out when some of my better players retire and really adding depth to my squad.
Richards wasn't getting first team football and i managed to pick him up for 7 million he played 35 games and had an average of 7 tackles per game with a respectable pass completion rate, 8 assists also average rating for 7.56.
Rodrigo really my first 'Big' signing 17.5 mil, i'm a massive fan of pace and i felt he'd add something to my team so he has been retrained to ML 36 apperences 7 golas 5 assists wasn't a great showing but was retraining at the time so played well out of position.
Best Signing EVER Mattia Destro 35 apperences 28 golas 6 assists, wouldn't have won the champions league without him scored very important goals and he brings the best out of Boroni. He left Genoa without a contract and i picked him up as a free agent.
Brought Ter Stegen to replace the then 31 year old Reina was a hard decision as a Liverpool fan but got him in January and it paid dividends cause he went second half of the season 13 clean sheets out of 18 games.

Third Season
View attachment 305911

Not overly impressed with myself this transfer window, Sold 2 goalkeepers which left me with only one first team keeper,(was in cruise control and i'm not one to quit/reload) very happy i sold enrique for 11 million as i wanted to strengthen this position.
i feel i paid over the odds for sandro but enrique was on his way out already and porto wouldn't budge, i paid it and hopefully it pays off.
Azpilicueta has been a good signing and 20million i think was a fair price as he had a great season with Chelsea and then Bayern, his long throws have been menacing aswell and adds another threat from which my team can attack.

I feel my team is young enough and strong enough to compete for the next few years without any major investment however i am looking to sign Neymar when his price comes down to the under side of 100million ;)

First season
View attachment 305909

Was a good year transfer wise made a profit whilst strengthening my team.
Leonard Kweuke for 3.2million and he scored 32 goals in 31 apperences in the first year (all comps) and 13 goals in 18 apperences year two (blighted by injury) i sold him in my third season for 10 million.
Nathen Redmond and been phenominal 31 apperences 11 goals and 17 assists year one and 37 apperences 6 goals and 25 assists year 2 all for 5 million (still with me now)

Second Season
View attachment 305910

Made a big lose this year but in my opinion i did well to get what i did.
Lots of youngsters to help me out when some of my better players retire and really adding depth to my squad.
Richards wasn't getting first team football and i managed to pick him up for 7 million he played 35 games and had an average of 7 tackles per game with a respectable pass completion rate, 8 assists also average rating for 7.56.
Rodrigo really my first 'Big' signing 17.5 mil, i'm a massive fan of pace and i felt he'd add something to my team so he has been retrained to ML 36 apperences 7 golas 5 assists wasn't a great showing but was retraining at the time so played well out of position.
Best Signing EVER Mattia Destro 35 apperences 28 golas 6 assists, wouldn't have won the champions league without him scored very important goals and he brings the best out of Boroni. He left Genoa without a contract and i picked him up as a free agent.
Brought Ter Stegen to replace the then 31 year old Reina was a hard decision as a Liverpool fan but got him in January and it paid dividends cause he went second half of the season 13 clean sheets out of 18 games.

Third Season
View attachment 305911

Not overly impressed with myself this transfer window, Sold 2 goalkeepers which left me with only one first team keeper,(was in cruise control and i'm not one to quit/reload) very happy i sold enrique for 11 million as i wanted to strengthen this position.
i feel i paid over the odds for sandro but enrique was on his way out already and porto wouldn't budge, i paid it and hopefully it pays off.
Azpilicueta has been a good signing and 20million i think was a fair price as he had a great season with Chelsea and then Bayern, his long throws have been menacing aswell and adds another threat from which my team can attack.

I feel my team is young enough and strong enough to compete for the next few years without any major investment however i am looking to sign Neymar when his price comes down to the under side of 100million ;)

First season:

Not too bad, how much did you have to pay Joe to join Sunerland? did he ask for you to pay some of his wages? around 25k a week maybe? if not, good job :)

Kweuke is a good cheap signing, nice! good return, bargain!

Branescu is a quality youngster, nice

Ronaldhinho for free in the first season? (does he arrive in Jan I assume? what are his wages?)

the only suspect deal is Armand..

2nd season:

nice, probably your best so far..

Ter Stegen is quality.. however, you do have Ospina/Reina and Branescu.. what you got them doing?

3rd season:

probably your worst, quite a lot of money for Alex Sandro and Cesar.. two good players, but not sure if they warranted those price tags

on the whole, not bad mate :)

post a ss of your current squad

in fm12 (this was the first time playing it and i didn't really know much about the sport) i was paying as barcelona and i needed a defender i asked my step brother who follows the soccer/football he goes for chelsea and he suggested david Luiz. ended up payying 120m for him. lol

in fm12 (this was the first time playing it and i didn't really know much about the sport) i was paying as barcelona and i needed a defender i asked my step brother who follows the soccer/football he goes for chelsea and he suggested david Luiz. ended up payying 120m for him. lol

lol, mate, read the thread title.. this is your best transfer dealings.. not your worst...

Current Squad
View attachment 305922

Very top heavy ATM looking to move on a striker or two (depending on whether i get Neymar)

At the time of Ter Stegen, I had Ospina as a backup to Reina so i planned to cash in on Reina and keep Ospina, however as i said i don't know what happened cause somehow i sold both :/ Branescu is in Belguim for his final season gaining a work permit.

Whilst i know i paid over the odds they have really brought the overall quality of the sqaud very high with Sandro and Ceasar and Armand has been a good signing 20k per week and a solid left back when he plays can also play left mid for me, 20 games a season and average rating of 7.4/7.6.

i will update you with sandro and ceasars stats as i have 4 days off now from work and my Missus is away.

Also quick one for anyone that is interested and doesn't know Honda on a free is huge! vastly increases revenue from Japan and i plan to sell him in a year or 2 for a obvious profit.

Current Squad
View attachment 305922

Very top heavy ATM looking to move on a striker or two (depending on whether i get Neymar)

At the time of Ter Stegen, I had Ospina as a backup to Reina so i planned to cash in on Reina and keep Ospina, however as i said i don't know what happened cause somehow i sold both :/ Branescu is in Belguim for his final season gaining a work permit.

Whilst i know i paid over the odds they have really brought the overall quality of the sqaud very high with Sandro and Ceasar and Armand has been a good signing 20k per week and a solid left back when he plays can also play left mid for me, 20 games a season and average rating of 7.4/7.6.

i will update you with sandro and ceasars stats as i have 4 days off now from work and my Missus is away.

Also quick one for anyone that is interested and doesn't know Honda on a free is huge! vastly increases revenue from Japan and i plan to sell him in a year or 2 for a obvious profit.

Honda is a great deal and should be taken in for the year.. you can sell him for around £15m at least after the first season

as you said, merchandising is great, I suggest getting a feeder club in Japan soon before/after

how do you get such high bids for your players? Do you transfer list them, offer them to clubs or what?