View attachment 391230View attachment 391229

Not some much funny/random but odd. But how on earth did Everton win the league? They've barely improved their squad and they didn't really have many stand out players, with Kevin Mirallas being their highest goalscorer with 15 and no Lukaku either?

Ive had a few saves in England and Everton and Stoke are always overrated

Yep, in each save Everton are always contending in the first season and then they gradually get worse.

Anyone want to explain this?

Having a decent season, tactic is going really well, then comes Chelsea away.

Spent ages sorting out the man marking to try and stop their front 4 (they started using attacking 4231 with Hazard LW, Mata CAM, Willian RW and Jackson Martinez ST). Made my usual formation more defensive by moving the CM's to DM's, and the CAM to CM. Started Cazorla on the right, but had to move him to CM, move Suarez to LW and bring on Giroud because Ozil got injured.

Told Sagna to man mark Hazard and close him down, and did the same with Gibbs for Willian, and Wanyama for Mata...

Game kicks off, 30 seconds in, Chelsea play one pass from their half which goes straight to an unmarked Hazard who runs through unchallenged and scores. Kind of set the tone really, I just don't understand what happened here.

Most random result I've ever seen.

View attachment 390174View attachment 390173View attachment 390172View attachment 390171View attachment 390170

That. Is. Harsh. I'm sorry I don't have anything to contribute to that, but what is that skin?

Anyone want to explain this?

Having a decent season, tactic is going really well, then comes Chelsea away.

Spent ages sorting out the man marking to try and stop their front 4 (they started using attacking 4231 with Hazard LW, Mata CAM, Willian RW and Jackson Martinez ST). Made my usual formation more defensive by moving the CM's to DM's, and the CAM to CM. Started Cazorla on the right, but had to move him to CM, move Suarez to LW and bring on Giroud because Ozil got injured.

Told Sagna to man mark Hazard and close him down, and did the same with Gibbs for Willian, and Wanyama for Mata...

Game kicks off, 30 seconds in, Chelsea play one pass from their half which goes straight to an unmarked Hazard who runs through unchallenged and scores. Kind of set the tone really, I just don't understand what happened here.

Most random result I've ever seen.

View attachment 566291View attachment 566293View attachment 566294View attachment 566296View attachment 566298

Hard to explain the 11-0 but moving your players and tactics around to formations they aren't used to isn't going to help...

This sounds like your problem. In my experience specific man marking (as in instructing players to mark a specific opponent, rather than the Zonal/Man Marking setting) is a bad idea because it destroys any defensive shape. On the few occasions I've used it, you immediately notice wide open spaces appearing because your player is following an opposition player around. Doing it with both full backs is fatal because you've turned your back four into a back two, since Sagna and Gibbs will be running around midfield.

The only time I've used man-marking is to double-mark, e.g. ML on MR, never FBL on MR. And it always results in wide open spaces appearing when the instructed player leaves their post to run around after the man-markee. I only use it when the opposition has one outstanding player - you just have to grit your teeth and hope that the other 10 won't exploit the space.

All the rest of the tinkering probably didn't help. And it might have been one of those matches where even if your tactics had been perfect, you'd still have lost 5-0 because your players all threw 3s on their match performance dice rolls.

View attachment 388901
A few things here. First off, HOW DO EAST STIRLINGSHIRE DRAW WITH PARTICK THISTLE?
Secondly, how the **** does the shootout go to 19-18? I know there are far longer ones but this is Partick Thistle and East Stirlingshire we're talking

And 1 more thing. The match stats were relatively close. They had equal possession and Partick only had a few more shots.

PS An East Stirlingshire player was MOTM... What a ridiculous match

In the 3rd season of my current save. Norwich City and Swansea have just sacked their managers due to poor results (currently in 19th and 20th places in the Premiership), not funny in itself but the replacement managers are Arsene Wenger for Norwich and David Moyes for Swansea.