Just a half baked thought but it the only reason I can think of the blurring the background data like this.
The actual reason is much less conspiracy theory-like. It's consistent with the other blurring of backgrounds and the intention is to make the foreground the focus / to make it pop or however you want to explain it.

I've only really been looking around and starting off but I really, really, really like the staff overview screen

Tactics: the 4-1-1-3-1 with staggered, asymmetrical CM that crushed 15 doesn't seem to work here. Get totally overrun in midfield without 2 players in proper central area, so been alternating more conventional 4-1-2-2-1 & 4-2-3-1.

Only found one bug - keeper was shepherding a ball out of play which stopped on the line & he stood there dancing over it for 25mins without even being approached.

Started as spurs. Eric dier is awesome, way better than 15. 3.5* w/ 4 - 5* potential. Signed bender (solid 3.5*, was listed for 13.75m) & Diego rolan who seemed best sub-20m false nine I could find so far (coaches rate him 3.5*ca, 4*pa).

I have previously ordered it from steam and went on there to download the beta but I can't find it to download it..... any ideas

My only real problem with it is how messy the tactics screen is, really enjoying the game so far though.
I love finding all the little added features.

I don't have the game yet but judging by the screenshots I know I won't like the tactic screen. Looks childlish and messy.

Only found one bug - keeper was shepherding a ball out of play which stopped on the line & he stood there dancing over it for 25mins without even being approached.

Just had this now, luckily it was in a winning situation. :)

Some interesting changes, but they 100% need to add in a neutral role for the wide positions of AM. ATM, you're basically locked into having certain attributes.

Really liking it. Wish they would stop wasting processing power on little graphical things.

Some interesting changes, but they 100% need to add in a neutral role for the wide positions of AM. ATM, you're basically locked into having certain attributes.

Seconded, both "standard" wide AM roles feel brutally hard-coded in their behaviour. Wondering how the now-split "Cuts Inside" PPM works with both W and IF. However, you can use Advanced Playmakers in the wide positions as sort of a hybrid between Wingers and Inside Forwards. Or maybe pull them back to Wide Midfielders, those are rather customizable, at the cost of imminent goal-scoring threat.

Seconded, both "standard" wide AM roles feel brutally hard-coded in their behaviour. Wondering how the now-split "Cuts Inside" PPM works with both W and IF. However, you can use Advanced Playmakers in the wide positions as sort of a hybrid between Wingers and Inside Forwards. Or maybe pull them back to Wide Midfielders, those are rather customizable, at the cost of imminent goal-scoring threat.
I disagree. Wingers on attack can cut inside. I play Ramsey on the right hand side as an advanced playmaker and he's sort of like a hybrid.

Problem with advanced playmakers out wide is that they will very rarely shoot.

Not only that, they also tend to get into space occupied by your central playmaker.

Ramsey is a perfect fit there in my tactic. He will play narrower like real life, so that Bellerin is free on the overlap and I use this to devastating effect. Ramsey has the ultra rare 'arrives in box late' ppm, so he will pop up and score goals in the penalty area, as well as assists loads with his 17 passing and 17 creativity. Hector Bellerin has had an average rating of over 8 and has a league joint high of 6 assists in 12 games because Ramsey draws the full back narrower and Bellerin is free on the overlap. As a result, Ramsey has plenty of scoring opportunities in the box, creates a lot of chances and Bellerin runs riot on the right hand side!