Penalties. Have scored 2 out of 9 this season.

Just experienced my first penalty shootout - 14 penalties in total, 2-1 was the result. Not a single one 'missed', one hit the post, the rest saved.

Not a rage and probably a weird complaint... but I won the Prem in the first season in a save with Leicester. And its kinda disappointing. That's probably weird.... but I figured I could probably finish in the Europa League places and build from there, and look to consistently challenge for the league title by about year 3. And now this kinda scuppers that long-term aim.

It was a weird season. All down to momentum. Had several runs of matches that included none of the big clubs, which allowed confidence and momentum to build with a string of wins. I think that is pretty much what made a difference. United set the pace early and pulled away fairly early. We separated from the chasing pack and were 2nd for much of the season, but the gap between us and United stayed almost the same. Had a couple of good wins around December (Liverpool and Chelsea, I think) and I started to think maybe we could hold onto 2nd. We had of losses in about March (going by memory) against sides we should have been beating and I figured it was done. Didn't help that our last three matches of the season were Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester City.

We beat United in the Carabao Cup final, which I figured would make for a nice season along with 2nd place. But through April, United dropped a few points. The gap got smaller. Then we were even on points but they had a match in hand. Which they lost. Even on points. Final 3 matches. We drew against Chelsea and I figured it was over. But we won against Liverpool and they lost. So we have a 1 point lead. Final match against City, who surged late. We get a 1-1 draw after they score a ridiculous goal, and the match ends with the animation of us celebrating. United drew 4-4 at home to Liverpool to hand us the title.

It was a thrilling end run, but unexpected and weirdly disappointing in that "well, how do we top this?" way.

Also, Wilfred Ndidi is an absolute beast in the Segundo Volante. Lead the team in goals (partly because Vardy was out for a couple of months) and 3rd highest AVR in the Prem

Last edited:
Not a rage and probably a weird complaint... but I won the Prem in the first season in a save with Leicester. And its kinda disappointing. That's probably weird.... but I figured I could probably finish in the Europa League places and build from there, and look to consistently challenge for the league title by about year 3. And now this kinda scuppers that long-term aim.

It was a weird season. All down to momentum. Had several runs of matches that included none of the big clubs, which allowed confidence and momentum to build with a string of wins. I think that is pretty much what made a difference. United set the pace early and pulled away fairly early. We separated from the chasing pack and were 2nd for much of the season, but the gap between us and United stayed almost the same. Had a couple of good wins around December (Liverpool and Chelsea, I think) and I started to think maybe we could hold onto 2nd. We had of losses in about March (going by memory) against sides we should have been beating and I figured it was done. Didn't help that our last three matches of the season were Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manchester City.

We beat United in the Carabao Cup final, which I figured would make for a nice season along with 2nd place. But through April, United dropped a few points. The gap got smaller. Then we were even on points but they had a match in hand. Which they lost. Even on points. Final 3 matches. We drew against Chelsea and I figured it was over. But we won against Liverpool and they lost. So we have a 1 point lead. Final match against City, who surged late. We get a 1-1 draw after they score a ridiculous goal, and the match ends with the animation of us celebrating. United drew 4-4 at home to Liverpool to hand us the title.

It was a thrilling end run, but unexpected and weirdly disappointing in that "well, how do we top this?" way.

Also, Wilfred Ndidi is an absolute beast in the Segundo Volante. Lead the team in goals (partly because Vardy was out for a couple of months) and 3rd highest AVR in the Prem

Now you know how Ranieri felt - watch out, you'll be out the door soon.

Now you know how Ranieri felt - watch out, you'll be out the door soon.

Entirely possible lol

The side went through some pretty significant changes over the summer. My big signings were Arthur (since Ibarra isn't really a DLP at DM) and Lover from Dinamo. United came in for Schmeichel for 60m, so the new keeper is Butland. A bit of irony - the scout reports said Stoke wouldn't sell, so I started the recruitment process and then made a cursory 20m bid to get rejected. And they took it. So no big long process necessary. Then United and Monaco made matching 70m bids for Mahrez, who I was expecting to lose and had brought in Pavon as a likely replacement. I didn't need someone else, but ended up jumping at the chance to sign Hirving Lozano from PSV for 30m. Also couldn't resist De Siglio from Juventus TL'd for 15m. Feel like the side has real depth of quality now.

The signings have me a bit interested in the second season. Winning the title in the first year kind killed that. I know that seems backwards, but it just wiped out a 3-4 year plan for the save lol

Yeah i get that.

A good solid, sensible plan out the window because you overachieved - the buggers, why they have to play so well!

Still debating whether to go on with the Leicester save. Toying around with Lokomotiv Moscow in the meantime. Very different save. The squad is oddly unbalanced for a side that actually won the title in reality. The best RB is actually a winger, and you only have 3 natural wingers in total. Two strikers, both on loan, and one injured for the whole season.

Had pretty good saves with Loko on FM16 and FM17 and they've become one of my favorite clubs to run. They get quite a bit of money to spend as you go forward, but only 2m at the start and some holes to fill. The foreign player rules in Russia mean you need to have at least a few Russian players who can start.

So I targeted Denis Cheryshev, one of the few Russian players outside of Russia. Used to be quite the talent, but slowly been nerfed and now he's not special. So he was transfer listed at Villarreal. They wanted 1.4m, I offered that structured and they accepted. Contract time... and the agent locks in 125K per week. Max I can offer is 77K per week but I can't play around with it. So I walk. He ends up going to Nice... for 27K per week. I realize there are a lot of factors involved in that decision, but still had to laugh. Instead of him, I spent 300K on an 18 year old Serbian winger who can play both sides and I will retrain to cover RB too.

Second annoyance... Lokomotiv have a veteran midfielder who is noted for his leadership and fiery personality. In past versions, he couldn't really be used as a mentor because of a serious lack of Professionalism. For the newest update, they finally buffed his personality to be more accurate. He is now a Perfectionist, which made me unreasonably happy because that's one of the better personalities for tutoring you can get. But then he kept rejecting tutoring suggestions, so I guess some other personality attribute is offsetting it. He turned down two requests, suggested a low-potential youth player that wasn't worth mentoring, and would listen the third time I asked. Finally got him to agree on the 4th try, using an Assertive tone. No idea if that made a difference or not, but my long-term replacement for Manuel Fernandes should be getting a personality upgrade soon at least.

May 2026: Just sacked from Aberdeen job. OK, I didn't reach the board's points target but was in the running for Scottish Premiership manager of the month award for April, my last win was a 4-0 win over Ross County including what eventually was voted the Scottish Premiership goal of the season, I'd gotten the Dons back into the top half of the table and was one point off a Europa League spot. Should have given me till the end of the season at least.

Who keeps arranging pre-season friendlies with non-affiliate clubs?! I have checked staff resposibilities like a thousand times!

Competition draws are so obviously fixed that it really ****** me off! In effort to create "drama" you some how get drawn against your league rival more often than not. Especially in Champions League (where by the way Premier League club do extremily well every year).

Who keeps arranging pre-season friendlies with non-affiliated clubs?! I have checked staff responsibilities like a thousand times!

If your responsibilities don't have your AssMan doing it I'm not sure, to be honest.
Usually, it's the AssMan arranges friendlies, or you the manager.

Not sure why the affiliate thing is an issue though, I never take much notice of that when arranging mine.

Competition draws are so obviously fixed that it really ****** me off! In effort to create "drama" you some how get drawn against your league rival more often than not. Especially in Champions League (where by the way Premier League club do extremily well every year).

I tend to find whatever leagues you have loaded do best in Europe, so if you've only got the Prem loaded then the majority of times an English club will win the CL and EL

I tend to find whatever leagues you have loaded do best in Europe, so if you've only got the Prem loaded then the majority of times an English club will win the CL and EL

This. With all the top leagues in Europe loaded, English clubs still do fairly well in Europe but they don't to dominate. Its easily arguable that English clubs have underachieved in Europe as a whole over the past 4-6 years, so it makes sense.

Pardon my french but what the real f*ck is going on, my board is threathening to fire me saying my latest results are not good enough even though I :

Won 10 of my last 13 games
Finished 2nd in the BuLi
Passed the group stages in a group of death in the CL
Made 150 milion in players sales
Brought HSV from 2nd division and made them title contenders in less than 5 years
Mantain a perfect atmosphere within the team and I play young players that are now considered developed by the club

Yet somehow I am being threathened with firing?

View attachment 39325

View attachment 39324

I am playing this game since CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 4 (1999-2000 year)

I would like to fix broken features before adding new ones.
EXANPLE OF BIG PROBLEN IN FM 2018:

- I always need to use all my best starting 11 to win, even vs. weaker teams. Then just use other as substitution later.
- So I was first on table with perfect dynamic and morale.. Facing last team on table in chaos, low morale.. Half loaned players from other teams. I used just 1 young player as DC. And lost 4:3 just because of him. When other DC is not fit or injured he just do well. Or when they ask for first team football and thats your promises.
- Example.. So second season I had 2,5 star left inside forward, and 3,5 star right inside forward.. Third season.. I bought 1 more youngster on right and some stats improved. Now my left inside forward have 3 stars (4,5 stars potential, 20 years old..and played way better then right inside forward in second season)..and my right inside forward have 3,5 stars (same as last year..and potential is at max 3,5 stars..he is 26 years old) and new right inside forward also 3,5 stars (5 star potential, 19 years old).. So problem is that my 26 y.o. right inside forward also have 3,5 stars as left inside forward. And my young player that preformed well..just went down because of it!!! Game want me to use my right as left!!! Even if he did not preform even close to my left winger for first 2 seasons.. So my one of best youngster just went down..and last season one of top 3 players just because I bought new youngster for other side.. That preforming better than "old player".. And game want me to use that "older player" instead of my one of favourite well preforming youngster. Even if he is left footed and I prefer opposite foot for every wing/inside forward position because of cutting inside and shooting placed balls.. IN SHORT--> OLD RIGHT AS LEFT?? WHAT IS REASON?? JUST STARS?? NOT PREFORMING + FOOT?
- One of MAJOR PROBLEM is.. example.. I am playing in la liga. So if I buy Brazilian or any other South American player they need just 2 years to gain second spanish nationality (they must stay in Spain all the time!!! If you loan them out, must be lower division in spain or la liga.. If you send them in any other country they will just lost all days counting in spain..and start all over on their return..) So problem is I register 3 brazilians (max is 3 for), and I was not able to do it with my last one. Because he played for Brazilian young side and missed few days + awaiting paperworks!! He was mad, and decided to leave after his contact expired (at the end of season!!!).. So he played in every cup games and every championship league games (6 group + 2 knockout stage)..but that wasnt enough!!! In January I finaly registered him!!! He gain many first time football in la liga, but still he want to leave!!! SHAME IS THAT YOU CAN SPEAK ABOUT SO STUPID THINGS WITH PLAYERS, BUT YOU CAN NOT SPEAK ABOUT YOUR LEAGUE RULES/RESTRICTION!! Maybe he was better player than just 1 of my 3 other Brazilians. But "his" position was already full of good players, and I miss other spot for other guy. FIX THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean if I am not able to do this with 19 y.o. who played few games in first brazilian division and 2 season in second spanish division and.. Season before he also played in Europa League!! Now cup + championship league!! ..after 01/01 he just playing in every competition, he like the team.. 4 other players in his favourite list, good at training.. I gave him praises.. Morale nice.. But just can not offer new contract because he decided to leave before few months!!! Wait.. and that can not be changed????? Even if now he have all that he wants!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
They are mostly issues with you, not the game.

I'd love to use my own tactics but whenever I do, this is what happens(see screenshot)

As well as that I find that season after season it takes my team more and more attempts at goal to score and the AI less and less(actual fact after extensive testing)

No wonder so many people look for cheat tactics

I was Everton an lost 1-2

Last edited:
Best FM18 Tactic - Apart From..........

Absolutely murdering teams on the pitch left right and centre, but somehow losing games like these all the time(see images, both games lost 1-0)

which tac is it? are they missing long shots, tight angles or one on ones? etc