Resource icon

FM20.2 A 352 for Premier League to non-League, Favourite OR Underdog. (plus Training Schedules) 20.2

Hi, any screenshot of top scorer from the Man City save?

So the training schedules from FM19 still works, great 'cause they made a good improvement for me last year both with your tactics, and other good or great tactics.

nice, another tactic will be 100% trying it after the success of your last one :)

Last edited:
UPDATE - being an underdog it seems okay, not sure it was better than the first. Maybe with a full pre season it'll be much better. I seem to have a problem getting the strikers to score with this tactic. Most goals seem to come from my full backs!

Threads like this is what I love, really good understanding of the tactic. I wish all of the ones that I post from elsewhere had detail like this!

UPDATE - being an underdog it seems okay, not sure it was better than the first. Maybe with a full pre season it'll be much better. I seem to have a problem getting the strikers to score with this tactic. Most goals seem to come from my full backs!

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason for the update was to make it work better with higher reputation teams as a few of us were 'stalling' once established in a higher division and starting to face more defensive teams, so similar performance to the original as an underdog is expected/fine, but hopefully its a bit better at breaking down 'massed defences' when we start to run into them.

Strong Wingbacks are the top priority when building the squad, followed by the Roaming Playmaker. Strikers certainly blow hot and cold on this patch (y)

Great to see an effective tactic that isn't 442. Given Rosler's loooong history of contributions, I gave this a try. I did a full season test with Norwich and finished 5th, vs media prediction 19th. No signings before January, when I was 4th anyway.

I started my season before the tactic was tested here on FM-base and I can say that the 9 point rating in the underdog test badly under-rates this tactic. it's much better than that.
One thing I really like about this tactic is very few "stupid"results where you have 10ccc to 1 and yet lose 3-0. With this, the result reflected the match almost every time.
Pukki was my top scorer with 16 in 35 appearances.

Looking forward to how the second season goes with better players, a higher reputation and being in Europe.

Season 2 with Norwich was great, but just fell short. Finished second in the PL on 85 points and lost the Europa league final in extra time. The tactic continued to perform well and deliver substantial over-achievement given my wage budget was only 1.1m/week. Consistency was great and again very few "stupid" results.

It does struggle against other tactics with 3 central defenders, but that is rare, so all good.

Superb tactic. Just one question: while it is true that player development is hard when playing 2 games per week, when at high level (league and european competition) or very crowded parts of the season (spanish laliga2 has a league of 22 clubs+ king's cup, so from the beginning you have several weeks with 2 games a week), could there be any room for player development in those schedules, once the tactic has been completely understood by the players? I do understand that a minimum of game preparation is required but, in my opinion, to allow this it would require to not give a full rest day a week, and that is not real, and probably it would affect morale in the game in the long run...

What are your thoughts about this?

Superb tactic. Just one question: while it is true that player development is hard when playing 2 games per week, when at high level (league and european competition) or very crowded parts of the season (spanish laliga2 has a league of 22 clubs+ king's cup, so from the beginning you have several weeks with 2 games a week), could there be any room for player development in those schedules, once the tactic has been completely understood by the players? I do understand that a minimum of game preparation is required but, in my opinion, to allow this it would require to not give a full rest day a week, and that is not real, and probably it would affect morale in the game in the long run...

What are your thoughts about this?

Hi,

You could of course drop in a Development Week during a busy match schedule to change things up, i'm sure this would not be detrimental to match performance if you do so infrequently.

One of the quick tips that flash up during play states that players over 23 (i think) develop more from match experience than training hence the focus on match preparation during busy periods.

Hi,

You could of course drop in a Development Week during a busy match schedule to change things up, i'm sure this would not be detrimental to match performance if you do so infrequently.

One of the quick tips that flash up during play states that players over 23 (i think) develop more from match experience than training hence the focus on match preparation during busy periods.

I think that players stats improve from matches once potential ability is determined (i think that happens around 23 years)

I have been not playing a this new style of training/match prep of FM since i squeezed my FM16 to the max. In any case thanks to develop this tactic!